Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Newcastle Knights skipper Kurt Gidley is poised to announce he will end a decorated 15 year stint in the NRL at the end of this season to play out his career with English Super League club Warrington.

Gidley is expected to make an announcement on his future as early as this week with Warrington beating Super League rivals Catalans Dragons to secure his signature.

Edited by G Las D

So Gidley's signed for Warrington. I'm not sure which is more surprising, the fact Warrington have signed him or that they fought off other clubs for his signature. Always thought he was massively overrated, but obviously more knowledgable people than myself think otherwise.  :no:

I'm somewhat surprised Catalans were after him though. Presumably he would've taken Morgan Escare's place at fullback? Bizarre!!!

Silly rumour of the moment ?

Catalan Dragons offer Cooper Cronk the option of 'finishing his RL career' with them :onthequiet:

Only just seen this, but it can't be true. The rumour round Warrington for the past year has been that he'll be coming here to 'finish his career'. Even the news of Gidley signing a 1 year deal has convinced some people that it's because Cronk's coming in 2017!!!

Edited by thirteenthman

Extremely disappointed in Issac Luke, Why sign a fresh 3 year deal then want out for "Family Reasons" that's just rubbish! It's Like Sam Burgess all over again given he did the exact same thing just didn't say "Family reasons".

Good luck to Issac but this signing contracts and then reneging is out of hand.

It looks like Michael Gordon thought he would be released from Sharks to move to Eels during this season, like as now.
Whatever led Michael Gordon and Parramatta to think that such a move had been on the books with Cronulla's permission seems to have been scuppered.

Cross-town rivals Parramatta and Cronulla are at war over a mid-season release request for Sharks star Michael Gordon.
The Eels claim they had official permission to negotiate with the former NSW Origin player and that he was all but signed at Pirtek Stadium for the rest of this year and a further season in 2016.
Angry Sharks coach Shane Flanagan fired back though on Monday, claiming a release was “never, ever,” agreed upon.

Cronulla may accept that M Gordon will move to Eels for next season, they are saying loudly and publically that there's no way they'd agree to it mid-season

Edited by G Las D

It looks like Michael Gordon thought he would be released from Sharks to move to Eels during this season, like as now.

Whatever lead Michael Gordon and Parramatta to think that such a move had been on the books with Cronulla's permission seems to have been scuppered.

Cronulla may accept that M Gordon will move to eels for next season, they are saying loudly and publically that there's no way they'd agree to it mid-season

Especially when they let the Eels have De Gois to ease their hooker woes when Peats went down last season.

Surely they're owed one, not the other way round?

Busy day today:

Nate Myles to Manly on 3-year deal

Joseph Leilua to Raiders

Suaia Maitagi from Warriors may be heading to the Roosters before June 30 deadline

South Sydney have extended the contracts of Alex Johnston and Cameron McInnes until the end of 2017

Extremely happy Souths have extended AJ & mcinnes's contracts both Souths junior boys. Currently 8 Souths juniors playing in the Nrl side and another 8 imports who have not played for any club except  Souths shows the club are very good and developing talent as they always where in the glory days.

Ricky Stuart is putting a very decent team together at the Raiders. I've enjoyed watching them play this year, and the signings they've made for next year so far with Whitehead, Sezar and now Leilua (im sure there are more i've forgotten!) means they look pretty exciting next year too.

Raiders team is looking very decent indeed and there fans deserve some success the only thing that worries me is Ricky Stewart I'm baffled by the things that come out of that blokes mouth & his coaching record is horrible, Phil Gould the smartest man in RL once labeled Stewart "the most disloyal person he had ever encountered in the game" beware Raiders!

Nate Myles to Manly, apparently.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nate Myles to Manly, apparently.

As reported on the previous page. It's for family reasons: Manly offered him more money for his family than Gold Coast did.

His alleged-actor wife would probably get more work in Sydney.

As reported on the previous page. It's for family reasons: Manly offered him more money for his family than Gold Coast did.

His alleged-actor wife would probably get more work in Sydney.

Oops, missed the original post.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's easy to miss. Only 6 weeks left until the June 30 cut-off so the market should be busy for the next few weeks.  When you compare it with the minimal SL market in quality players it's no surprise the bottom SL teams stay their for years on end. Even if Wakey had any money, who would they buy?

It's easy to miss. Only 6 weeks left until the June 30 cut-off so the market should be busy for the next few weeks.  When you compare it with the minimal SL market in quality players it's no surprise the bottom SL teams stay their for years on end. Even if Wakey had any money, who would they buy?

I was just surprised anyone ambitious wanted to sign for Manly in their current circumstances.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Myles is 29 so he'll be pushing 34 when this deal runs out. In that respect it's a smart deal. Also his wife was on Neighbours or Home and Away apparently and I don't know if she got much work in Qld, although Warner Bros studio is on the Gold Coast.

I think Home and Away is shot on the Northern Beaches and Fox Studios in Sydney are pretty busy so she might get more work.

Manly will be back as permanent fixtures in the top 4 by 2017. When the Northern Eagles merger folded in 2002 Manly were a mess but they came back as Manly in 2003 and won 2 GFs in 10 years and played in 2 others. My team has only reached the GF once in the last 25 years.

I was just surprised anyone ambitious wanted to sign for Manly in their current circumstances.

It's a salary-capped franchised league! There are no good teams or bad teams beyond short-term form guides - that's the beauty of it.

They've lost some big players so have a lot of spare cap spend. Myles will go there to get paid but will also know that just by adding him it brings them back into contention (a couple more big name recruits will of course help and I'm sure they'll follow).

This is ultimately the beauty of NRL and other franchised leagues - the better players move down the ladder to get paid. It makes for the best possible spectacle.

Michael Gordon has walked out on Cronulla

He didn't show up at Cronulla training this morning after taking advice from the NRL Rugby League Players Association yesterday.

After viewing a transcript of the interaction between Flanagan and Gordon’s manager Andrew Purcell the RLPA has told Gordon he has a strong case to be released.
Gordon told Cronulla football manager Darren Mooney he could no longer work with Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan after a series of broken promises fractured their relationship.

Edited by G Las D

I don't know what to think about this. Gordon should finish off this year but if the Sharks aren't offering him anything for next year and they aren't using him this year then.....I still dunno. They don't need him for injury cover as they've got Feki to come back and Nathan Gardner, Mitch Brown and Daniel Abou Sleiman playing NSW Cup.

So where will Chris Sandow be next year coz it will not be Parra? I'll say Manly or maybe SL where I think he would come into his own if he could keep his head right.

I don't know what to think about this. Gordon should finish off this year but if the Sharks aren't offering him anything for next year and they aren't using him this year then.....I still dunno. They don't need him for injury cover as they've got Feki to come back and Nathan Gardner, Mitch Brown and Daniel Abou Sleiman playing NSW Cup.

Maybe if the right people in the club with the say so had talked to him face to face, Gordon and the club would have been able to sort out the situation.

The mixed or changed messages scenario - if what we hear is true -  isn't right.

Hope it gets sorted. 

Edited by G Las D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hearing a very big signing may be about to drop (before June 30) stay tuned! ;)

• Like 1