Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Thanks, I cant remember seeing too much of him so I'm not sure what to expect. He seems to have been in demand in the off season when he went to Brisbane, but doesn't seem to have kicked on this year for some reason, although it wasn't Bennett that signed him so that may explain the lack of opportunities.

Kurt Mann Storm to Dragons. A player that had much potential but just hasnt really shown much since. Defence average and attack average. Doesnt create much neither. Will be interesting to see if Storm bring somebody in or bring through a youngster. I can see them bringing somebody with experience in as without Cronk, Slater and Smith Storm look lost. With Hinchcliffe also leaving there will be a bit of cash to spend.

Chad Townsend returning to Sharks from Warriors next year.

Trent Hodkinson to Knights on 3 year deal.

Nathaniel Peteru from Warriors NSW Cup to Titans on 1 year deal.

Manly sign Darcy Lussick (again) and supposedly trying to offload Feleti Mateo and Luke Burgess.

Leeds apparently knocked back by Sam Moa, and according to reports we're after Paul Gallen, Cooper Cronk, Tony Williams, Gareth Widdop etc.

I'm sure some of them must be half true but it seems the marquee allowance has given the agents in Aus a good bargaining tool for their own players. Ill bet they want a better deal and suddenly >insert SL club here< is after them so you better upgrade his contract!

THE Panthers recent recruitment drive has continued with the signing of Tigers prospect Te Maire Martin.

A clever five-eighth with wonderful hands and a nippy running game, Martin has joined Penrith on a three-year deal.

Te Maire turned in a stellar debut NYC season in 2014, playing in all 26 matches for Wests Tigers before being eliminated in the semi-finals.

An exciting playmaker with good speed and vision, Te Maire was named in the Holden Cup team of the Year and was a standout for the Junior Kiwis in the end of season fixture against the Junior Kangaroos where he kicked the winning field goal.

A four-year deal to an ageing player with a recent history of injury is a guaranteed means of wooing a top player from a successful club to a struggling one, especially when the club believes he has leadership skills and will lure others to join him.

If, halfway through the contract, the player is forced to retire, the club can then apply for salary cap relief to the NRL.

The club has the resources to pay the player out and puts a case to the NRL that it needs to find a replacement, requesting a dispensation that the salary of the retiring player not be included in the cap. If the relief is granted, it's a win for the club and the player but not for other clubs in the NRL, which may have the salary cap space and need for the recruited replacement.

For this reason, Parramatta's  four-year contract for ex Manly international Anthony Watmough has caused some scrutiny at NRL headquarters.

Edited by G Las D

Craig Bellamy has hinted that next NRL season may not be his last as coach of the Melbourne Storm.

Bellamy, who has been in the role since 2003, had declared last year that retirement was on the cards when he signed a deal through to the end of the 2016 season.

But there is a two-year extension that he can activate and, speaking ahead of Storm captain Cameron Smith’s 300th NRL match, Bellamy indicated he hasn’t ruled that out.

“That was 12 months ago that I made that statement so at the time there was a few things happening,” the 56-year-old said. “You think differently at different stages of your career and at this stage I really haven’t thought too much about it again. “At the end of the season, I will probably think more about it.”

Edited by G Las D

Paul Gallen has agreed to play one more year at Cronulla.

Verbally that is at the moment!

Gallen will turn 34 next season. The NSW skipper is just waiting for Cronulla to present the official paperwork.

It is hoped the deal can be formally announced by the Sharks at a media conference either tomorrow or early next week.

Gallen and his management have been locked in contract discussions for the majority of this season.

St George Illawarra Dragons have announced that Siliva Havili has agreed to terms on a two-year contract that will see him join the club until at least the end of the 2017 season.

Havili, 22, is a Manurewa Marlins junior is a versatile utility player, who can play as lock-forward, second-row or hooker, and is presently contracted to the New Zealand Warriors.

The Sydney Roosters are pleased to announce that Daniel Tupou and Brendan Elliot have signed extensions for a further two years, keeping them at the club until the end of 2017.[/font][/color]

24 year-old Tupou expressed his delight at extending his tenure with the Foundation Club.

“I’m so happy that I’ll continue to be part of the team here at the ,” said Tupou.

“The Club means so much to me and I’m looking forward to continuing to work hard with Robbo and my teammates to keep improving and do my job for the side,” he added.

Since making his NRL debut with the  in 2012, the towering winger has scored 41 tries in 66 appearances to date. He also represented Tonga at the 2013 Rugby League World Cup, has played four games for New South Wales (2014-15) and represented Australia in the Four Nations and PM’s XIII (2014).

21 year-old Elliot, who joined the Roosters as a 17 year-old, was named in the NYC Team of the Year and was a member of Queensland’s Under 20s side in 2014. The outside utility back has scored four tries in his five NRL appearances to date.

“I’m really excited to know that I’ll continue to be a part of the Roosters family for a further two seasons,” said Elliot.

• 2 weeks later...

Canterbury halfback Moses Mbye has placed contract negotiations on hold until after the finals period as yet another club joins the race for his prized signature.
Four NRL clubs - the Dragons, Storm and Titans along with the Bulldogs - are chasing Mbye, who comes off contract at the end of next season.
I thought Doggies were trying hard to keep him happy with them.
Still the whiff of big bucks in a competitive market mean he has options!

Edited by G Las D

Wed 19th Aug: Broncos have announced the re-signing of Alex Glenn and Jordan Kahu for two more seasons (to end of 2017 season)

27 year old Glenn joined the Broncos for the 2008 season and made his NRL debut in round 1 of 2009.

He has now played 163 NRL matches for the Broncos, and represented New Zealand in 10 Tests.

Kahu has now played 30 NRL matches after overcoming injuries that hampered his early career.

Edited by G Las D

Farah,Robbie%20NRLH2013.jpg

Robbie Farrah has been told he's not wanted/needed at Tigers after the end of this season as the club wants to restructure the team and he's not part of their plans.

They have therefore "granted him  permission to investigate opportunities to continue his playing career at another Club following the 2015 NRL season."

Farah has played 236 games for Wests Tigers since making his debut for the Club in 2003, was a member of the 2005 Premiership winning team and inducted as a Wests Tigers Life Member in 2013.

The Club intends on treating Farah with the upmost respect during this process and will make no further comment until his playing future is decided.

James McManus retiring

David Stagg retiring

As a Tigers fan I'm half glad to see Farah go. The only drawback for me is that, because of his back-ended deal and the fact that $100K of his contract comes from non-cap allowances which he may not get at another club, we'll still be paying for him.