Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Anthony Griffin appointed today. That seems a little tactless. They must have already signed him before they told Cleary to get on his bike. Cleary has a much better track record than Griffin so I can't understand it.

Anthony Griffin appointed today. That seems a little tactless. They must have already signed him before they told Cleary to get on his bike. Cleary has a much better track record than Griffin so I can't understand it.

We're talking Phil Gould here - tact isn't his strongpoint. In fact I'm not sure it's in his vocabulary.

South Sydney Rabbitohs have announced the contract extensions of English internationals George Burgess and Thomas Burgess until at least the end of the 2018 season today.

George, 23, has played 74 NRL games since making his first grade debut against the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium in round 13, 2012. George has also gone on to play eight Tests for England.

Thomas, also 23, has played 97 first grade games including 51 NRL games for the Rabbitohs since making his NRL debut against the Eels at ANZ Stadium in round 15, 2013. Thomas made his first team debut for the Bradford Bulls in the Super League against the London Harlequins in round eight, 2011, and has gone on to play five Test matches for England since 2013.

Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire is very pleased to see the Burgess twins re-sign with the Club.

“George and Thomas are two of the pillars of our forward pack and we are very happy to have them extend their time with the Club to cover at least the next three seasons,” Coach Maguire said.

Edited by G Las D

Young Melbourne Storm utility Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad has filled another place in the Warriors’ 2016 NRL squad after being signed on a two-year contract.

The signing tops off a week which also saw the 20-year-old make a try-scoring Test debut for the Cook Islands in last Saturday night’s 2017 Rugby League World Cup qualifier against Mate Ma’a Tonga.

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.

Oh, now you're just typing letters at random!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Canberra Raiders have received a massive lift to commence the 2016 pre-season, with Shannon Boyd agreeing to a new deal with the club until the end of the 2018 season.

Boyd was currently on contract with the Raiders until the end of the 2016 season, but he has extended into a new long term deal with the club.

St George Illawarra Dragons today announce the signing of Russell Packer to a two-year playing contract following approval this week from the NRL.

Packer, 26, will officially join the Dragons squad for 2016 and 2017 whilst at the same time, continuing to maintain his commitment to Dragons Community programs and his personal and professional development outside of rugby league.

Mmm The NRL has checked repeatedly on his reform and rehabilitation since his deplorable attack on that bloke which included stamping on his head while he was on the ground and thereby getting a 2 year prison sentence. It's a worry having him back in the game though.

Packer’s playing contract with Dragons has some particular conditions requiring him to maintain his education and welfare activities..

Edited by G Las D

Jamal Idris released by Penrith. He needs to sort himself out quickly. So much unfulfilled potential.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Titans winger Kevin Gordon retires at 25, citing chronic hip injury.

Sharks sign Joseph Paulo from Eels on a partially-subsidised 2-year deal.

Tinirau Arona is apparently leaving the Fish for SL, although nobody except FoxSports seems to know anything about it. Ditto Anthony Tupou.

Been told there is plenty in the talk that Dylan Walker has agreed to a big money to a deal Manly for 2017, If true I'll be furious at Souths for letting this happen. Dylan is international standard and plays tough. He should have been a Souths boy for life.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

Storm

Craig Bellamy has completed his backline recruitment for next season by signing Canberra centre Jeremy Hawkins on a two-year contract.
Melbourne have brokered a deal to get the 22-year-old out of the final two seasons of his contract with the green machine as they search for a replacement for departing centre Kurt Mann.
Since making his NRL debut in 2014, Hawkins made just four appearances in the top grade last year with his thirst for more game time leading to his move to the Storm.

Wests Tigers have replaced Marty Taupau by re-signing veteran utility Dene Halatau.

Parramatta have confirmed the signing of outside back Clinton Gutherson for the next two seasons.
The 21-year-old leaves Manly despite only re-signing with the club earlier in the year to chase a regular spot in first grade.

Wild rumour surely?
Some Knights supporters are claiming a board member told them that the club is looking to make room in their salary cap for Jarryd Hayne.
They also claim that some big name will be moved on to make accommodate the superstar fullback.