Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

But if Leeds don't want him back and nobody can afford him, something will have to give.

There are 2 possibilities:

• Leeds take him back, like it or not
  • They drop the transfer fee

You've watched a lot of NRL. Which current NRL FB would you punt to make way for Hardaker, assuming money was no object?

Plenty of room I reckon....

Let's see....

Barba

Boyd

Coote

Dugan

Gordon

Hopoate

Inglis,

BMorris

Moylan

Munster/Slater

RTS

BStewart(past it)TTurbo

Teddy

Jack Wighton

Must have missed somebody...

Oh yes Hayne

Well I'm hard put to see where he'd go.

Still things change. Billy Whizz's injury opened the door to Cameron Munster.

Help someone.....

Edited by G Las D

Hardaker can also play on the wing if needed.

With regards to the list above, the NRL is littered with great full backs but a few have obvious flaws. Ben Barba could easily go very cold, Jack Wighton has far to many errors in his game at the minute as does Coote. I don't think TT is a natural full back IMHO, Dugan is better at centre than full back, Inglis will need replacing in a season or 2.

With regards to the list above, the NRL is littered with great full backs but a few have obvious flaws. Ben Barba could easily go very cold, Jack Wighton has far to many errors in his game at the minute as does Coote. I don't think TT is a natural full back IMHO, Dugan is better at centre than full back, Inglis will need replacing in a season or 2.

But they are still better or equal to hardaker so can't see any club willing to pay a transfer fee

No NRL club would pay a transfer fee for a winger. I don't know how much Zac wants but I think Leeds said £300K(?) Even if he accepted minimum wage over 2 years + transfer, it would have been cheaper to buy Koroibete. Vunivalu is probably only on £75K this year. Radradra is only on £140K

How much was he getting at the Rhinos?

Plenty of room I reckon....

Let's see....

Barba

Boyd

Coote

Dugan

Gordon

Hopoate

Inglis,

BMorris

Moylan

Munster/Slater

RTS

BStewart(past it)TTurbo

Teddy

Jack Wighton

Must have missed somebody...

Oh yes Hayne

Well I'm hard put to see where he'd go.

Still things change. Billy Whizz's injury opened the door to Cameron Munster.

Help someone.....

Dogs should make a move for him Morris isn't a FB and Hopoate and his Mormon beliefs are not exactly helping the Dogs win a premiership are they, Cant play on Sundays should equal don't play at all IMO. 

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

Gold Coast star Ashley Taylor is set to have his good form rewarded with an upgraded contract for next year as well as an extension.

Currently signed until the end of 2017, 21-year-old Taylor has impressed the Titans so much that they will boost his $200,000-a-season salary and extend his contract another year.

Cameron McInnes will be in the Red V next season providing the NRL dominoes fall in place.

Several NRL clubs are in a holding pattern as they wait for Robbie Farah to make a decision on where he will play next season.

South Sydney are favourites to snare his signature but until a deal is signed off on, St George Illawarra have been forced to wait to finalise their roster.

Zak to return to UK certain or speculation or up in the air.

Speculation:

Zak Hardaker’s NRL journey is all but certain to come to a close at the end of the season.

The English international joined Penrith mid-season after securing a release from his Super League contract after falling out of favour with Leeds.

While the Man of Steel has shown he can cut it in the NRL, Market Watch understands the Panthers have not started talks to extend his deal.

The Panthers’ roster for 2017 is stacked and he is yet to secure any genuine interest from the NRL.

It’s understood French based Super League side Catalans are keeping an eye on Hardaker’s movements.

While they have reportedly offered Manly No.1 Brett Stewart a deal for next season, the Dragons have the money to make a play for the 24-year-old.

So Catalans?

C'est possible ...

Edited by G Las D

Re: Zakaker - adding to what I said above about wingers being a low priority in NRL, David Mead allegedly signed for the Broncos at $180K.

Interesting passing comment from Tyrone Peachey about moving to centre. He said he stocked up on videos of all the best defensive centres to help him learn the position. Top of the list was Jack Reed. Now I've always rated Reed but lots haven't. The most interesting thing for me was that, certainly on the Internetzes, Reed's harshest critics all seemed to be Broncos fans and Englanders.

This is the right result.
Weak reffing on the day missed it and nearly defied justice as the defence cited the ref saw it and did nothing about it. He challenged the charge ,he'd have got one game if he'd pleaded guilty, so the judiciary haven't increased that for him challenging.

James Roberts has been rubbed out of the grand final replay blockbuster against the Cowboys on Friday night despite his legal counsel vigorously arguing if the match review committee didn't charge him with kicking then his actions could not be considered contrary to the spirit of the game.
Judiciary panel members Bob Lindner, Mal Cochrane and Sean Garlick took just six minutes to find Roberts guilty on Wednesday night over his contact with Titans forward Ryan Simpkins, banning the speedster for the do-or-die showdown in Townsville against the premiers.
Roberts' representative Nick Ghabar mounted a case that Roberts, who was hit with a grade one contrary conduct offence, merely pushed with both his left leg and then right leg to make room for him to enact a swift play-the-ball given Simpkins refused to retreat from the ruck.
And he argued vigorously that if Roberts' actions weren't deemed worthy of kicking a charge, which requires a degree of force to be considered by the match review committee, then his actions couldn't be considered against the spirit of the game.
"What was contrary about that trying to play the ball? He pushes - he did not lash out or kick. There's no incident report from the referees. In the run of the play during the game the referees did not deem it worthy of a penalty. Referee [Gavin] Badger ... had a clear and unobstructed view and made nothing of it."
But NRL judiciary chairman Justice Geoffrey Bellew told the panel to disregard Ghabar's argument about the specifics of Roberts' charge when coming up with a verdict, but to take some consideration of the whistleblowers' non-action on the field.

Ghabar and NRL judiciary counsel Peter McGrath agreed there was contact made between Roberts and Simpkins, but McGrath stressed it was not enough to warrant a kicking charge.
But he said while there was "not a risk of serious injury" in the contact Roberts made with Simpkins, it was "out of frustration" in not being able to keep the momentum of the Broncos' attack going.
"It's more than just not a good look," McGrath said. "It's just not part of rugby league and it's not an accepted part of the vigorous sporting contest."
Roberts was silent throughout the hearing and swiftly left League Central in the hope his Broncos' teammates can avenge their grand final loss and prolong his season.
He will still have 87 carryover points hanging over his head should the Broncos reach the preliminary final.
"We are very disappointed with the result and we knew we were rolling the dice to come down here and get Jimmy off," Broncos football manager Scott Czislowski said.
Roberts, who starred for the Gold Coast last season before leaving the club over a contract forgery drama, has been no stranger to trouble in his first year at Red Hill.
Only last month he was fined $20,000 and required to do community service over a drunken incident at a Brisbane nightspot where he had to be restrained by security guards.
The 23-year-old is at his fourth NRL club in six seasons having been sacked from the Rabbitohs and Panthers.

Edited by G Las D

This is the right result.

Weak reffing on the day missed it and nearly defied justice as the defence cited the ref saw it and did nothing about it. He challenged the charge ,he'd have got one game if he'd pleaded guilty, so the judiciary haven't increased that for him challenging.

Yes and No. Right that he was suspended. Weird that he was suspended for contrary conduct and not the kicking, of which he was so obviously guilty.

The Foran to Warriors move could be stumied by that valuation rule (Izzy Folau thing) where he's have to be signed at his high notional value not as a bargain signing.

I hate that "rule" or interpretation, or decree by the Salary Cap Auditor. Nonetheless, I applaud the invention of the word "stumied."

There's a huge player market in the NRL and I assume every one is represented by a manager or agent who tells them very clearly how much they could ask for and get. I can think of many reasons why a player would sign for less, or more. A former Origin player and GF winner once took less because the area he moved to had better facilities for his 2 kids with Down Syndrome.

I'm not a great market-forces advocate in general life but here is a situation where the supply and demand are publicly known to all the participants and there is plenty of advice available to those participants. Let the market rule, I say.

Edited by Farmduck

I hate that "rule" or interpretation, or decree by the Salary Cap Auditor. Nonetheless, I applaud the invention of the word "stumied."

There's a huge player market in the NRL and I assume every one is represented by a manager or agent who tells them very clearly how much they could ask for and get. I can think of many reasons why a player would sign for less, or more. A former Origin player and GF winner once took less because the area he moved to had better facilities for his 2 kids with Down Syndrome.

I'm not a great market-forces advocate in general life but here is a situation where the supply and demand are publicly known to all the participants and there is plenty of advice available to those participants. Let the market rule, I say.

Ah yes, stumied, it's like stymied, but more stupid.  

I will claim credit for that when it is added to the OED.

In a huge blow ahead of Friday night's sudden death semi-final against Brisbane, North Queensland backrower Ethan Lowe has been ruled out for the rest of the NRL season due to a spinal injury.

"It's pretty serious and sensitive in nature. It's really devastating," Cowboys coach Paul Green said, Lowe suffering the injury in last week's finals loss to Melbourne.

The Robbie Farah saga has finally come to a close with the former Wests Tigers hooker officially signing with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Farah put pen to paper on a two-year deal that will see him play with the foundation club for the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

AND

The Rabbitohs have also agreed to a request from Cameron McInnes to release him from the final year of his playing contract.

McInnes has played 39 NRL matches for the Rabbitohs since making his debut against the Dragons in 2014.

McInnes was unveiled as a Dragon just thirty minutes prior to the announcement of Farah’s singing with Souths, confirming the worst-kept secret in Rugby League.

The Robbie Farah saga has finally come to a close with the former Wests Tigers hooker officially signing with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Farah put pen to paper on a two-year deal that will see him play with the foundation club for the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

AND

The Rabbitohs have also agreed to a request from Cameron McInnes to release him from the final year of his playing contract.

McInnes has played 39 NRL matches for the Rabbitohs since making his debut against the Dragons in 2014.

McInnes was unveiled as a Dragon just thirty minutes prior to the announcement of Farah’s singing with Souths, confirming the worst-kept secret in Rugby League.

I hear the Tigers are paying 750k of his 2017 contract, Not enough IMO.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of Melbourne Storm five-eighth Blake Green for the next two years.

A quality ball-player, Green has played 91 first grade matches and brings plenty of experience and a strong kicking game to Manly, having enjoyed successful stints in the NRL and the English Super League.

Green won the Harry Sunderland Trophy as man-of-the-match playing for Wigan in the 2013 Super League Grand Final.