Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Who have you bumped into recently.

Whilst out in Ponte Carlo/Cas Vegas today on wedding clothes duty, Malcolm Reilly brushed past.

Does he live back in Cas now? I just finished reading his book (Good read). I grew up being told stories about the 60's-70's era's & the one that always stood out to me was George Piggins and Malcolm Reilly going at each other at the SGG, My grandfather and grandmother where sitting side on to them and pop always tells me Reilly was lucky the fight didn't carry on because Piggins was taking him apart (old pop is a little one eyed like myself though ;) ).

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

Being a local bloke, I reckon he must live round this area, but I don't know exactly where.

He is a Cas legend.

One of the best players never to play for Fev Rovers... :-)

As for the Piggins set to, here's an extract from Piggins' book about the fight. So it's his side of it.

http://www.eraofthebiff.com/announcements/p48-george-piggens-extract-from-georges-great-book-never-say-die

Edited by G Las D

I believe Mal lives in Ledsham, a little village about 3 miles north of Castleford.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

The Chequers in Ledsham used to be a nice little pub with good food. Haven't been there for a few years now.

It's still a nice pub G.

The late Graham Murray also lived in the village when he was Leeds coach. Had a few chats with him in the Chequers. A really knowledgeable bloke and a real gentleman.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Being a local bloke, I reckon he must live round this area, but I don't know exactly where.

He is a Cas legend.

One of the best players never to play for Fev Rovers... :-)

As for the Piggins set to, here's an extract from Piggins' book about the fight. So it's his side of it.

http://www.eraofthebiff.com/announcements/p48-george-piggens-extract-from-georges-great-book-never-say-die

Two great warriors there is no doubt about that.  

Well Les Boyd is about the best one I see around hear, He delivers the beer kegs to the local pubs.

Over here on a visit recently, was Brendon Tuuta, a bit of a legend at Featherstone.

His nickname was the Baby Faced Assassin.

He was on the tough side of the game.

He saw Rovers beat Bradford to secure a place in this season's Middle 8's

Edited by G Las D

I can remember Tuuta playing for Wests, I used to catch the train out to Campbelltown when ever Souths played Wests back in those days .

RL men who live or visit around hear and that I know of.

*Ian Hindmarsh (The more talented of the two Hindmarsh's) owns a Dairy Farm

* Shannon Boyd , See him from time to time around hear in the off season.

* Steve Funnell (Played for St George in the 80's) also a very handy cricketer and top bloke.

* Tommy Raudonikis

Couple of others from when I lived further North West

* Anthony Mundine

* Ronnie Gibbs

* David Peachey

There are so many rugby league players who live round here.

Three really nice blokes who first come to mind are:

Peter Smith  a loose forward for Fev, played for England and GB works at New College, Pontefract. Fast, strong with a great pass on him.

Ian Smales played for Fev, Cas and Hunslet, who started in the backs but moved to 2nd Row as he developed. He's now a Health and Fitness Officer with Wakefield Council. I see Ian about the local area.

Daryl Powell a centre, stand-off who was a world class player. Played for Balmain Tigers and Gold Coast Seagulls in Oz. Is now head coach at Castleford. I often see him about in Ackworth. Great bloke, brought a golden period for Fev Rovers when he coached us 2008-13

Edited by G Las D

Sharks skipper Paul Gallen will extend his NRL career with the  into a 18th season after signing a one-year contract extension at Sharks Leagues Club today.
Gallen put pen to paper on the new deal in the company of Sharks Group CEO Lyall Gorman and his manager David Riolo, a contract which will see him remain at the helm of the Cronulla club in 2017.

After seeing him on Sterlo,I hope his rugby is in better shape than his singing.

Seen that interview, think he would be a good acquisition to any team.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

... in your dreams eh FD?

You reckon he is in the right mind to make a go of it?

I'm channelling my inner Trump. "I'm not saying it but I've heard some others say it or I saw it on the internet."

You can sign players on a training deal - about $30K just for the off season with no commitments either way and no effect on your cap. You get 3 months to test-drive him before you have to make a decision. He's gotta be worth the gamble.

KIERAN Foran has signed with the Warriors for the 2017 season on a one-year deal.

The New Zealand club announced the signing of the international playmaker via their website on Thursday afternoon.