Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Souths got Taukamo on a 3 year deal. We also signed Adam Doueihi & Cruz Topai-Aveai all three are junior RU stars so signing them is just that little bit sweeter knowing that.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

It just dawned on me - Curtis Sironen.

Condolences

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Jamal Idris has signed for Wests Tigers, apparently.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jamal Idris has signed for Wests Tigers, apparently.

If he has sorted his head out he is an excellent signing

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

If he has sorted his head out he is an excellent signing

Physically, he has all the attributes, but it's that snooze button between his ears I wonder about.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Physically, he has all the attributes, but it's that snooze button between his ears I wonder about.

He was on Sterling's show awhile back and seemed a lot more content with himself. Hope it works out for him.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Jeremy Latimore signed a deal to join Cronulla in 2017. Heard it through the grapevine.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Matt Lodge has got his feet back through the door. QRL agreed to register a contract for him to join Redcliffe.
The Dolphins are a feeder club for Brisbane Broncos so there's some sort of path there for him to eventually return to the first grade.

Remember he's the bloke who Wests Tigers sacked due to him getting the wrong side of the law in New York. That is still hanging over him. He has pleaded guilty and has to appear in court there in December.

• Matthew Lodge was arrested last October for stalking women in New York[
  • He faced New York City court in October and surrendered his passport
  • Three people filed a civil lawsuit against him, allegedly for $1 million
  • He will be sentenced via Skype later this year and, as part of his plea deal, has agreed to undergo 28 days at an inpatient clinic and spend a year seeing a clinical psychologist.
  • Lodge will be ordered to spend a year behind bars in New York if he fails to meet the conditions of his plea deal. 

It'll be interesting to see what the NRL does if Bennett ever decides to use Lodge. Especially after the grandstanding we've seen from NRL management in recent times.

* Subject to change

Proctor to Titans confirmed

The Aquis Gold Coast Titans are pleased to announce the signing of Kevin Proctor, for four seasons, through until the end of season 2020.

The New Zealand born Tugun Seahawks junior has spent his entire NRL career with the Melbourne Storm, playing 179 games, since debuting against the St George Illawarra Dragons in Round 10 of season 2008 that also included being part of the 2012 Premiership winning side. As well as his outstanding club career, the 27-year-old has also graced the international stage playing 15 Tests for the Kiwis.

Proctor impressed throughout 2016, where he played 24 games for the Storm, scoring six tries.

"This is a great opportunity to return home to the Gold Coast with my young family to be closer to all of our family," Proctor said.

“It has been a long process and I needed to feel comfortable with the decision as I have had a successful time at the Melbourne Storm and made some great friends, but now I am looking forward to joining Neil and the Titans players and contributing to the team’s success."

Titans coach Neil Henry is excited to have a player of Proctor’s calibre joining the club.

“Kevin is an international player that comes to the club with plenty of runs on the board,” Henry said.

“We’ve had some experienced players depart but Kevin will help fill that void and we’ll be looking for him to come in and lead the way, especially for the younger guys around him.

“As a seasoned international, Kevin will provide some real spark in attack and the kind of  toughness in defence that every club needs.”

Chief Operating Officer Tony Mestrov is keen to see Proctor turn out for the community he grew up in.

“Kevin is a player who has achieved so much in his playing career so far,” Mestrov said.

“He has been part of a successful system in Melbourne and he comes to the club at the peak of his game.

“He grew up on the Gold Coast and his partner is born and bred up here, so we they will immediately feel at home which will hopefully help Kevin play his best football.

“We are really pleased to secure Kevin’s services at the Titans as the club continues to build a formidable line-up capable of competing at the top level of the NRL.”

If your team is in trouble just have the NFL take them over then they can sign who ever they want. ;) 

Edited by Irish Saint

Proctor to Titans confirmed

The Aquis Gold Coast Titans are pleased to announce the signing of Kevin Proctor, for four seasons, through until the end of season 2020.

The New Zealand born Tugun Seahawks junior has spent his entire NRL career with the Melbourne Storm, playing 179 games, since debuting against the St George Illawarra Dragons in Round 10 of season 2008 that also included being part of the 2012 Premiership winning side. As well as his outstanding club career, the 27-year-old has also graced the international stage playing 15 Tests for the Kiwis.

Proctor impressed throughout 2016, where he played 24 games for the Storm, scoring six tries.

"This is a great opportunity to return home to the Gold Coast with my young family to be closer to all of our family," Proctor said.

“It has been a long process and I needed to feel comfortable with the decision as I have had a successful time at the Melbourne Storm and made some great friends, but now I am looking forward to joining Neil and the Titans players and contributing to the team’s success."

Titans coach Neil Henry is excited to have a player of Proctor’s calibre joining the club.

“Kevin is an international player that comes to the club with plenty of runs on the board,” Henry said.

“We’ve had some experienced players depart but Kevin will help fill that void and we’ll be looking for him to come in and lead the way, especially for the younger guys around him.

“As a seasoned international, Kevin will provide some real spark in attack and the kind of  toughness in defence that every club needs.”

Chief Operating Officer Tony Mestrov is keen to see Proctor turn out for the community he grew up in.

“Kevin is a player who has achieved so much in his playing career so far,” Mestrov said.

“He has been part of a successful system in Melbourne and he comes to the club at the peak of his game.

“He grew up on the Gold Coast and his partner is born and bred up here, so we they will immediately feel at home which will hopefully help Kevin play his best football.

“We are really pleased to secure Kevin’s services at the Titans as the club continues to build a formidable line-up capable of competing at the top level of the NRL.”

If your team is in trouble just have the NFL take them over then they can sign who ever they want. ;) 

Surely the way to take the club forward is to improve the team on the park which will see better attendances,it worked with Hayne last year,increased sponsorship which in the long term will see the club being self sufficient.

Worst kept secret about Kev Proctor's move to GC? Well maybe not.

4 year contract where he and his family seem to want to be when eventually he retires from the game. It certainly will mean he's in a better position financial position for the years ahead. OK he's not with Storm, I'd much have preferred him to have stayed. Great player.

It's been great to have him at Storm. Best of luck to him in the future.

• It is understood Chris Heighington will re-sign for another year at Sharks shortly.

• Brisbane have re-signed forwards Joe Boyce and Travis Waddell for another year.Boyce, a prop, made his NRL debut last year but has only played the one NRL game.Waddell is approaching 100 games having debut for Canberra back in 2009.

So where are Zac Hardaker & Todd Carney going to be playing in 2017? In my opinion there both great players and would be a asset anywhere.

Remember Kevin Locke? Only joking, of course you do.

He's apparently hoping to restart his career after some time out.

Manly sound to be giving him a run out in their trial games before the start of next season.

I wouldn't go near Locke after the disrespectful rubbish he dished up in England.

This what was said in early September:

According to Leeds chief executive Gary Hetherington, Penrith have first refusal on the player's services for 2017 but two NRL clubs are understood to have expressed an interest, along with four from Super League, which is his expected destination.

Supposedly Daniel Mortimer signed with the Sharks a 1-year contract. Flanagan sees him as a back-up half.

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Edited by Vichyssoise

* Subject to change

Supposedly Daniel Mortimer signed with the Sharks a 1-year contract. Flanagan sees him as a back-up half.

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Thank god for that. His agent has been offering him around SL clubs with Saints being one of them who talked to his agent. However when they found out how much money he was after they walked away. A 2nd string player wanting 1st team money.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions