Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

12 hours ago, Graham said:

How about Cleckheaton for a boy or Heckmondwike if it’s a girl?

Lovely!

• Haha 1

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

12 hours ago, Graham said:

If it were twins then...

Boys: Cleckheaton and Liversedge

Girls: Heckmondwike and Gomersal

I feel these name reflect that necessary ‘inspired individuality’ while covering the twins’ base.

My knowledge of West Yorkshire's finest places has improved tenfold overnight.

Edit: These are (it goes without saying really) wonderful suggestions. I hope George does wander in these parts from time to time...

Edited by Vichyssoise
  • Haha 1

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

When James Graham signed with St George Illawarra it was announced as a three-year-deal.

That isn’t the case.

The 32-year-old forward is technically off-contract after next year.

“I have two years playing and then I think it’s potentially another year in my favour,” Graham said.

“There’s been some dog rumours around about after football.”

A little digging unearthed the details of his deal with the Red V with Graham holding the option for a third season.

If triggered, he’ll be at the Dragons until the end of 2020.

While life post-career was discussed before inking the contract, Graham denies reports of a two-year option to coach at the Dragons is part of his deal.

“I’m at the age now where it’s a responsible and reasonable question to ask,” he said of his future.

“We had some discussions about potentially (coaching) but that can be misconstrued so easily but nothing on paper.

“… I’ve got to focus on this year. Who knows when I’ll stop playing?”

Roosters forward Eloni Vunakece is free to seek an opportunity with rival NRL clubs.

Signed until the end of this season, the 30-year-old is unlikely to see much game time in the top grade this season.

With some exciting emerging talents ahead of the prop in the pecking order, the Fijian international is open to the idea of finding a new home.

Vunakece wants to play first grade and to do that, his best chance will be to join a new club.

A Leichhardt junior, Vunakece made his NRL debut in 2016 and has nine NRL games to his name.

Injuries currently:

The full injury list:

BRONCOS

Jack Bird (Shoulder, Round 1-4)

Andrew McCullough (ACL, Early Rounds)

Anthony Milford (Shoulder, Round 1)

Darius Boyd (Hamstring, Round 1)

Troy Dargan (Hamstring, Round 1)

Andre Savelio (ACL, Season)

Jack Bird started life as a Bronco with his arm in a sling.Source: News Corp Australia

BULLDOGS

Moses Suli (Back, Indefinite)

COWBOYS

Shaun Fensom (Broken leg, Round 1-3)

Kane Linnett (Pec, TBC)

Lachlan Coote (Hamstring, Round 1)

DRAGONS

Nil

EELS

Jaeman Salmon (neck, Round 1)

Clint Gutherson (ACL, Round 1-3)

Kane Evans (Broken arm, Trials)

Tony Williams (ACL, Trials; Suspension, Round 3)

KNIGHTS

Mitch Barnett (Shoulder, Round 1)

Dylan Phythian (ACL, Round 5-7)

PANTHERS

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Ankle, Early Rounds)

Tyrone May (ACL, Round 5)

Tyrone Phillips (Pectoral tear, Round 10)

Dallin Watene Zelezniak (left) is recovering from an ankle injury.Source: Getty Images

RAIDERS

Josh Hodgson (ACL, Round 20)

RABBITOHS

Adam Reynolds (Foot, Round 1)

Vincent Leuluai (Shoulder, Round 1)

Jesse Arthars (Shoulder, Round 1)

Campbell Graham (Hand, TBC)

Cameron Murray (Quad, Round 1)

Lucky Ta’avale (ankle, Round 2)

Alex Johnston (Ribs, TBC)

ROOSTERS

Luke Keary (Jaw, Round 1)

SEA EAGLES

Jake Trbojevic (Pectoral, Round 1)

Dylan Walker (lower leg and ankle, Round 5)

Jorge Taufua (ACL, Round 1)

Darcy Lussick (Ankle, Round 4)

SHARKS

Josh Dugan (Jaw, Round 1)

Ava Seumanufagai (Hamstring, TBC)

Kyle Flanagan (Hand, Round 3)

STORM

Sam Kasiano (Ankle, Round 1)

Sandor Earl (ACL, Indefinite)

Billy Slater (Shoulder, Early Rounds)

Jahrome Hughes (Shoulder, TBC)

TITANS

Max King (heart, Trials)

Anthony Don (Shoulder, Round 1-2)

Jack Stockwell (Shoulder, Round 3-4)

Kevin Proctor (Throat, Trials)

Jai Arrow (Ribs, Round 1)

WARRIORS

Gerard Beale (Broken leg, Round 10)

Solomone Kata (Foot, Trials)

Nathaniel Roache (Foot, TBC)

WESTS TIGERS

Jacob Liddle (Shoulder, Round 3-4)

Chris McQueen (Neck, Trials)

Trent Merrin has worked hard in the off season/preseason. It seems he has trimmed down somewhat and is keen to put last season's more ordinary displays behind him and kick on to his best yet.

"It comes down to my body shape and all that last year too," Merrin said.

"I was carrying a few too many kilos and I couldn't get around the field the way I'd like to – use my footwork and put myself into positions to make that second phase.

"I've done a lot of homework on myself over the last year and coming into this year it's given me a lot of clarity.

"I'm a big believer of pre-season and believe it's sets you up for the year. You really need one under your belt to handle the way that we play."

The former St George Illawarra Dragons forward remained hopeful an improvement in club form could earn a recall in both the Origin and international arena in 2018, with Merrin in no mood to give up on the prospects of a representative return.

Merrin was a part of the NSW Blues setup for five-straight seasons playing in 13 games – including the state's successful campaign in 2014 – only to be overlooked by former coach Laurie Daley for the past two years.

"I never will [give up], it's something that always drives me," Merrin said of his Origin ambitions.

"As a kid you dream of being in that Blues jersey. I played in 13 games and it's something that I want to continue to do.

"I'll leave my footy up to it now."

Former NRL player Reni Maitua will make a return to professional rugby league after just one year out of the game, signing with English Championship side Toronto Wolfpack.

The ex-Bulldogs, Eels and Sharks utility cut his ties with the NRL after a 2014 grand final loss to Melbourne with Canterbury, spending three seasons in England (one of the seasons with Featherstone Rovers) before trying his hand in professional boxing.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is set to knock back both New Zealand Rugby and rival NRL clubs to re-sign with the Warriors.

Apparently the off-contract fullback is poised to sign a long-term deal with the Auckland-based NRL club.

Tuivasa-Sheck had been reportedly considering a shock switch to rugby union and a chance to don the famous All Blacks jersey.

“We’ve talked about it and we’ve certainly talked about it before,” Tuivasa-Sheck’s manager Bruce Sharrock said.

“That’s his background, the All Blacks are a world-recognised team with an amazing success rate. If you thought you were good enough to be a part of it, it’s not a bad ship to be a part of.”

A return to Australia for Tuivasa-Sheck had also been rumoured, with the South Sydney Rabbitohsand the Wests Tigers both reportedly keen to lure him back across the Tasman.

Should Tuivasa-Sheck now re-sign with the Warriors, it would add some stability to the club looking to rebuild following nine-straight defeats to end 2017.

A strong recruitment drive for 2018 including Adam Blair, Tohu Harris and Blake Green and the re-signing of their captain on a long-term deal would have the Warriors faithful buoyed for a big season.

13 hours ago, Graham said:

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is set to knock back both New Zealand Rugby and rival NRL clubs to re-sign with the Warriors.

Apparently the off-contract fullback is poised to sign a long-term deal with the Auckland-based NRL club.

Tuivasa-Sheck had been reportedly considering a shock switch to rugby union and a chance to don the famous All Blacks jersey.

“We’ve talked about it and we’ve certainly talked about it before,” Tuivasa-Sheck’s manager Bruce Sharrock said.

“That’s his background, the All Blacks are a world-recognised team with an amazing success rate. If you thought you were good enough to be a part of it, it’s not a bad ship to be a part of.”

A return to Australia for Tuivasa-Sheck had also been rumoured, with the South Sydney Rabbitohsand the Wests Tigers both reportedly keen to lure him back across the Tasman.

Should Tuivasa-Sheck now re-sign with the Warriors, it would add some stability to the club looking to rebuild following nine-straight defeats to end 2017.

A strong recruitment drive for 2018 including Adam Blair, Tohu Harris and Blake Green and the re-signing of their captain on a long-term deal would have the Warriors faithful buoyed for a big season.

I'm genuinely astonished... But he hasn't signed anything yet.

* Subject to change

10 hours ago, Vichyssoise said:

I'm genuinely astonished... But he hasn't signed anything yet.

Well he has now. The pen has been used.

The Warriors have announced the re-signing of captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on a four-year deal, keeping him at Mount Smart Stadium until the end of the 2022 season.

The four-year signing coup was announced by Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George at the club’s official season launch at SKYCITY tonight.

Tributes have been paid since the news of Steve Folkes’ sudden passing on Tuesday.

The Canterbury Bulldogs legend will live forever in the history books for his 269 games and four premierships as a player, and his 2004 premiership as coach of his beloved club.

But those who knew, and played alongside and under him will remember Folkes for much more.

Steve (59) suffered a heart attack while cycling in Sydney.

Edited by Graham
  • Sad 1

Cameron Smith has been given the honour of officially launching the season on behalf of the players at the NRL’s season launch on Thursday. The Melbourne Queensland and Australian skipper has accepted the governing body’s invitation to speak on behalf of the stars of the 16 clubs at First Fleet Park at The Rocks.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Mosese Suli have today agreed to part company.

Both parties sat down this week and decided that it was in the best interests of the club and the individual if they parted ways.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill said the time was right for the decision to be made: "Right from the start the Bulldogs were committed to giving Mosese every opportunity to fulfill his potential and become part of the Bulldogs. Unfortunately, Mosese has not been able to adapt to the high standards that Dean and the coaching staff have asked from all players and as such we think that it is in the best interests of both parties if we part ways. This is not the end for Mosese as a footballer and if he can regain the desire and drive to reach the standards required then I believe that he can still be successful. The club wishes him all the best going forward."

Tyrone Peachey to Titans on three year deal from 2019:

The Titans have got their man with Penrith utility Tyrone Peachey agreeing to a three-year deal worth $1.5 million.

New Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan has continued his plunder of Penrith’s ranks, with Peachey becoming the fourth Panther to seek a new chapter on the glitter strip.

The 26-year-old, one of the code’s most versatile players, will be at the Titans from 2019, joining former Panthers teammates Bryce Cartwright, Leilani Latu and Mitch Rein.

After months of innuendo surrounding a possible move, Penrith hierarchy have agreed to Peachey’s request to seek a more attractive deal under the NRL’s salary cap rules.

Peachey will link up with a host of former Panthers. The Titans will formally announce Peachey’s signing within the week, with Penrith and the Gold Coast in the final stages of issuing paperwork to the NRL.

Penrith coach Anthony Griffin was keen to secure Peachey to an extended deal but will not stand in the way of the NSW City Origin representative continuing his career at the Titans.

The signing of Peachey is a handy one for the Titans. Brennan is keen to add depth to his roster and few players can match Peachey’s ability to play second row, lock, five-eighth and hooker.

But Peachey appears destined for a centre slot at the Titans, with Brennan believing the Penrith interchange supersub warrants a regular berth as a starting player in the NRL.

Peachey is expected to slot it at centre for Gold Coast. Brennan last month confirmed he was targeting Peachey and was hopeful of snaring him after the 92-game NRL veteran toured the Titans’ facilities.

“I’ve made no secret I’m a Tyrone Peachey fan and I’d love to have him up here,” Brennan said.

“It’s certainly not for 2018, it’s for beyond, but that’s up to Penrith and his management to make the decision on whether they want to let him go.”

Ata Hingano must have been getting frustrated as he saw his chance of regular first team footy slipping away. It is reported he will be leaving NZ Warriors and taking his chances with Canberra.

Ata Hingano is set to join a rival club after being granted a release by the Warriors.

Warriors fans were celebrating yesterday with news that captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck had knocked back approaches from New Zealand Rugby and other NRL clubs to re-sign on a four-year deal.

That elation soon turned sour though with news that Hingano has been granted a release from the club and would be moving on.

Stuck behind Kieran Foran last year, Hingano patiently waited for his shot at first grade but when news broke that the Warriors had signed veteran Blake Green to partner Shaun Jonhson this year, his time at the Auckland-based club was always numbered.

Reports suggest that Hingano will sign with the Canberra Raiders on a two-year deal. If true, it seems like Hingano will be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

The National Rugby League has threatened to take the grand final to Queensland if the NSW Government changes its mind on rebuilding ANZ Stadium. 

9NEWS has learned high level government discussions are taking place about winding back the $2.3 billion stadium rebuild plan. One of the options includes postponing the redevelopment of ANZ Stadium at Olympic Park with one senior source declaring "it's a live option."

If the government changes its policy, the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the NRL and NSW Government in November will be torn up.

The NRL agreed to guarantee the grand final will be played in Sydney for the next 25 years on the proviso a world class rectangular stadium was built at Olympic Park.

Former Queensland Premier and chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission Peter Beattie told 9NEWS if the obligations are not met, there is no longer a deal.

"No one should be under any illusions the Queensland Government want it (grand final). I've already had the Queensland Minister (Sports Minister Kate Jones) ring me," Mr Beattie said.

NRL executives have threatened to move the final should a Memorandum of Understanding between the league and the NSW government - which will see the game played in Sydney for the next 25 years if a rectangular stadium is built - ends (AAP).

"If anything happens untoward, like ripping up the MOU, Queensland will be in like Flynn."