Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Just now, Irish Saint said:

Well it would help Fev  have a full team out. And what is tbis  i read in league express about some headmaster introducing the other code into a Fev  school. Nail it on the head Im telling you it is the thin end of the edge. You have no idea what it is like  to live in onion world. The endless abuse, snide remarks.

Thing is there’s always been RU  round here... maybe not in Fev, but in surrounding towns. Players like Charlie Stone came to our game from Pontefract Rugby Union club. My school only played Union as it was considered the gentleman’s game. The thing is though, the highest calibre rugby round here has been RL in my lifetime. You haven’t got to go far... 15 miles to Leeds... before there’s some higher level Union.

The Featherstone community, the parents and students at the school and Featherstone Rovers as a club have publically warned against this. Heavens, a petition was raised!

Backing up my earlier reading I’ve found this:

Widdop hands in transfer request

St George Illawarra captain Gareth Widdop has shocked club officials by asking for an immediate release from his contract.

Widdop is contracted to the Red V for the next three seasons on a deal worth about $1 million per year. However, Fairfax Media can reveal he has approached the Dragons hierarchy about immediately cutting ties, citing homesickness and a desire to return to England.

(Sydney Morning Herald)

Johnson's farewell note:

johnson90Maaan where do I start? What a crazy couple of days it's been.

By now you all know I have been granted a release. (Pics of me signing it)

To think my time at Mt Smart playing for my hometown team has officially come to an end is one of mixed emotions.. Thank you to the boys and everyone thats been involved with the Warriors over the past 8 years. I really am grateful and will never loose sight of how different my life could be if it wasnt for all of you.
So much has been said publicly over the past month which hasn't been Ideal but is what it is. I've got nothing bad to say about anyone involved with the club, sometimes things just dont work out and I know they will be sweet and take things to where we all want them to be.
Those of you that have followed my journey probably still cant believe this is actually happening. I just want to let you know that I'm ok and really looking foward to what's next! I get to go somewhere fresh and take my game to a new level..how good! Thank you for believing and and keeping me strong, we all know it hasn't been a smooth ride but with out your support I wouldn't be who I am. I've loved entertaining, chatting and getting photos with you and if ya stay with me I'll continue to do so ?.. Stay happy fam and thanks for all the positive messages, I'll let ya know what's next once it's all confirmed.

No hate, all love as always ??

Footnote: I didn't copy the picture, although not as horrendous as those of other players. I aint a tattoo fan.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Meanwhile will the real Gareth Widdop please step forward. From this mornings NRL.com.

"I want to put to bed that I haven't asked a release for 2019. To all the members, fans and the little kids out there, I understand my importance to this team and my position as the captain and leader of this club. I will be here in 2019 and can't wait for the season to start," Widdop said.

See what happens when  one dyes one's hair blonde!

• Like 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Johnson has already been linked to a new home with reports out of Australia suggesting he is poised to sign a short-term deal with the Sharks.

The Sharks have space in their salary cap available after the departure of Valentine Holmes.

It's understood the club's recruitment team met on Wednesday to discuss the option and details of any offer being made, AAP reported.

Johnson's arrival would allow him to partner Chad Townsend in the halves, while Matt Moylan would return to fullback in the absence of Holmes.

Eels playmakers Mitchell Moses and Corey Norman are two names that have been regularly linked to the Warriors.

Pressed on whether they would look for a like-for-like replacement or strengthen other areas of the squad, George said that was a decision for Smith and O'Sullivan along with coach Stephen Kearney.

But he added that they have a great opportunity to reshape the future of the side.

The Cronulla Sharks have reportedly emerged as favourites to secure the signature of Kiwi international Shaun Johnson after the Warriors granted him an immediate release from the final year of his contract.

But any potential deal with the 2016 premiers may come with a catch, amid rumours the Kiwi superstar has already made arrangements with another club from 2020 onwards.

?

33 minutes ago, Graham said:

The Cronulla Sharks have reportedly emerged as favourites to secure the signature of Kiwi international Shaun Johnson after the Warriors granted him an immediate release from the final year of his contract.

But any potential deal with the 2016 premiers may come with a catch, amid rumours the Kiwi superstar has already made arrangements with another club from 2020 onwards.

?

Featherstone Rovers... Most journos just copy & paste what they read on the internet.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Melbourne Storm have announced the re-signing of representative five-eighth Cameron Munster until the end of the 2023 season.

Munster extending his stay at the Storm for another five years is a massive coup for the club.

The 24-year-old Queenslander has agreed to terms with club officials, putting an end to the prospect of the Australian five-eighth being on the market for other clubs to swoop.

Munster was off contract in 2019 and was in the sights of several NRL rival teams.

The New Zealand Warriors are looking to fill the void at halfback left by Shaun Johnson with Parramatta Eels young gun Dylan Brown, according to a report by The NZ Herald.

The 18-year old is yet to make his first-grade debut but is highly rated amongst NRL circles, currently contracted at the Eels until the end of the 2020 season.

It is understood that the Warriors are keen to extend Brown’s contract beyond next season.

Johnson demanded a release from the Warriors on Wednesday following uncertainty surrounding his long-term future at the club, and is believed to be close to signing a one-year deal with the Cronulla Sharks.

Brown has built up the reputation as a strong defensive leader and was identified by Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan as a suitable replacement for Johnson.

... and following on from that:

The Parramatta Eels have released the following statement on their website regarding young gun Dylan Brown.

“In response to recent speculation about Dylan Brown, the Parramatta EelsClub can confirm Dylan is under contract to our Ccub until the end of the 2020 season,” the statement reads.

It comes in response to reports that the New Zealand Warriors are targeting Brown as a replacement for playmaker Shaun Johnson.

Brown is yet to make his first-grade debut for Parramatta, but is a highly regarded and touted as a potential future star.

Penrith have re-signed James Fisher-Harris on a three-year extension, with the 22-year-old now tied to the club until at least the end of the 2022 season.

“I’m really excited and grateful for the club to give me this opportunity,” Fisher-Harris said.

“It’s surreal when I think about where I’ve come from and where I am today.

“Penrith has become my second home. My family loves living here and all my mates are here too.

“It’s crazy how much talent we have at the club. I think the sky’s the limit in terms of what we can achieve together.”

Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has revealed he will remain at the club in 2019 after calling a press conference today.

Bennett sensationally signed with the Rabbitohs despite having a year to run on his deal at Red Hill, effectively switching places with incoming Souths coach Anthony Seibold.

“I’ve spoken to South Sydney … I have a responsibility here,” Bennett said.

“Players, staff that I work with, the fans, I felt I’d be letting them down if I went a year before I should.

“There’s a lot of things going on behind the scenes there.”

Bennett said his contract situation was not causing dramas at the club.

“The drama hasn’t been me. The drama has been everybody else. It’s never come from me.

“Today the deadline for me was because the speculation was mounting and I was going back to training on Monday.”

The seven-time premiership coach also praised South Sydney for orchestrating the deal and is keen to take over their top job in 2020.

“They’ve been outstanding South Sydney. Richo came to England to see me to talk about the contract … I’m disappointed for them but I’ll be there in 2020

“I have no problems about next year and how I’ll handle it. It’s not an issue for me.”

Apparently, Shaun Johnson to Cronulla for 3 years* is now officially official. Should be thrilled, but replacing a guy who breaks his contract with another one is hardly excitement-inducing.

* Will see how long this contract lasts...

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

On 11/30/2018 at 11:10 PM, Graham said:

Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has revealed he will remain at the club in 2019 after calling a press conference today.

Bennett sensationally signed with the Rabbitohs despite having a year to run on his deal at Red Hill, effectively switching places with incoming Souths coach Anthony Seibold.

“I’ve spoken to South Sydney … I have a responsibility here,” Bennett said.

24 hours is a long time in RL.

Brisbane Broncos confirm Wayne Bennett's sacking, paving way for Anthony Seibold to leave Souths

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-02/brisbane-broncos-sack-wayne-bennett-ahead-of-2019-season/10575516

• Confused 1

Wayne Bennett should`ve done the right thing and packed his bags,but like Gus Gould,he thinks the game is all about him. Sick of his stupid face on the telly answering questions like a politician,never actually saying anything remotely intelligent. The Broncos should`ve sacked him at the end of the season;if they had,none of his shenanigans would ever have happened.

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

24 hours is a long time in RL.

? Eventful off season so far...

• Like 1

* Subject to change

After 25 years service to sack your coach by voice mail is a disgrace - Paul White will not be flying soon for while there's club class and econonmy class there no category for no class?

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both