Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

42 minutes ago, DavidM said:

As I said before , this was what Wayne was setting it up for . You’ll have to sack me . He comes out of it well and the club by their actions and way of dealing look the bad guy . Which they were 

Indeed, he’s a wily old fox and he certainly outfoxed them 

This is why I no longer have any qualms with players breaking their contracts because  when they no longer need you ..... sacked by voicemail as said above an absolute disgrace

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

17 hours ago, Graham said:

Wayne has come out of this with more dignity than Broncos. He has shown he was prepared to honour his contract keeping faith with the club, players and fans. Quite unusual the way things stand with others who ignore or wriggle out of their contracts and obligations.

I think it was Siebold alleging Benny was already in contact with players other than the English test lads and also Richardson had told him it was a done deal. Benny forced the Ponies hand on Friday with I'm staying to honour my contract etc!  Benny might be carrying a lot of baggage with this debacle but not as much as 3rd rate hack Booze Drossfield and his his 2nd rate cohorts in the Telegraph have over Benny!

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

Newcastle Knights have released a statement on prop Jacob Saifiti via their club wesbite following an altercation that occurred over the weekend, leaving the 22-year old hospitalised.

“Newcastle Knights player Jacob Saifiti was involved in an altercation in Hamilton on Sunday morning which resulted in him suffering a broken leg,” the statement reads.

“The incident occurred outside the Greenroof hotel.

“Saifiti was involved in a verbal altercation with a patron which was broken up by security.

“Security staff acted appropriately and effectively.

“Subsequently, after Saifiti left the establishment, he and a man came together.

“There was a push and shove which resulted in Saifiti suffering a punch.

“Having fallen awkwardly as a result of the punch, Saifiti injured his leg and was transported to hospital by security staff.

“The matter is now with the police.

“Given the facts, Saifiti may be subject to disciplinary action taken by the Club at the appropriate time.”

New Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold has arrived at Broncos headquarters to address the players ahead of his first training session at the NRL club. 

Seibold has addressed the Brisbane media with captain Darius Boyd, after pushing the scheduled morning training session to 2pm (AEDT) on Monday.

The former South Sydney mentor finally lobbed at Red Hill after a month-long saga ended when the Broncos sensationally sacked Wayne Bennett via voice message on Sunday.

Seibold’s first message to his new playing group is that he is going to do things his way.

“I’m not sure what processes have been in place in the past but I’ll do things my way and communicate that to the playing group,” he said.

“I provide a really strong framework for the players, but ultimately it’s up to them to work hard within that framework.

“One thing always watching Broncos teams in the past is they never get beaten on effort and we’re going to make sure that continues...

It has been a bit of a circus,” Seibold said.

“We want to draw a line in the sand. There’s been a lot of negativity with what’s gone on in the last couple of months.

“I see it as a real positive challenge.”

The former Souths mentor also bluntly refused to respond to questions surrounding his dramatic claims, reported in The Sunday Telegraph, that Bennett had been contacting South Sydney players — ultimately triggering the 68-year-old’s termination from the final season of his Broncos contract. “

“I’d prefer not to talk about it anymore,” he said.

“I just want positivity around this playing group and the challenge we have together.

“I’ve had my say and I won’t be talking about it any further.”

27 minutes ago, Graham said:

Newcastle Knights have released a statement on prop Jacob Saifiti via their club wesbite following an altercation that occurred over the weekend, leaving the 22-year old hospitalised.

“Newcastle Knights player Jacob Saifiti was involved in an altercation in Hamilton on Sunday morning which resulted in him suffering a broken leg,” the statement reads.

“The incident occurred outside the Greenroof hotel.

“Saifiti was involved in a verbal altercation with a patron which was broken up by security.

“Security staff acted appropriately and effectively.

“Subsequently, after Saifiti left the establishment, he and a man came together.

“There was a push and shove which resulted in Saifiti suffering a punch.

“Having fallen awkwardly as a result of the punch, Saifiti injured his leg and was transported to hospital by security staff.

“The matter is now with the police.

“Given the facts, Saifiti may be subject to disciplinary action taken by the Club at the appropriate time.”

Bit of a recurring story this type of thing with players . Either they are targeted or just can’t keep out of bother 

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks has  recommitted to the Tigers on a four-year extension, keeping him at the club until the end of 2023.

The Dally M Halfback of the Year is free to negotiate with rivals clubs and could have boosted his value by considering offers elsewhere, instead relieving the Tigers of the stress of losing their star playmaker.

"I'm pretty excited to be here for the next five years, I've been here my whole career and I'm happy to stay," Brooks said.

"We're building something nice here, with Madge (Michael Maguire) coming in he's a successful coach and I think he's going to be good for our team.

"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here.

"This will allow me to just focus on footy and now I've just got to play consistent footy and do my job for the team.''

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks has  recommitted to the Tigers on a four-year extension, keeping him at the club until the end of 2023.

The Dally M Halfback of the Year is free to negotiate with rivals clubs and could have boosted his value by considering offers elsewhere, instead relieving the Tigers of the stress of losing their star playmaker.

"I'm pretty excited to be here for the next five years, I've been here my whole career and I'm happy to stay," Brooks said.

"We're building something nice here, with Madge (Michael Maguire) coming in he's a successful coach and I think he's going to be good for our team.

"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here.

"This will allow me to just focus on footy and now I've just got to play consistent footy and do my job for the team.''

Still can’t believe he was Dally M half of the year, makes a mockery of it, or just shows how poor the halves in NRL were last year 

12 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Will he play back row now Bennett has gone?

It’s a move that has been long talked about. Maybe it will happen now. or maybe he will stay doing what he's doing for 2019 and then move somewhere else - say Gold Coast or wherever and make the positional switch then.

Edited by Graham

Damien Cook has re-signed with Souths for another four years. This comes hot on the heal of Wayne Bennett’s arrival at the club.

It is a big, importantant and expensive signing.

In total, the new Cook deal is estimated to be worth $4.5 million over the next five seasons.

The Rabbitohs say the deal is a four-year extension worth a tick over $3 million.

However the Cook camp claim the total contract is worth $4.5 million over the next five seasons.

Either way Cook was very happy to have his future secured long-term at the Rabbitohs.

“I’m very excited to be extending my contract with the Rabbitohs and I’m happy to have my future sorted,” Cook said in a club statement.

I think the deal includes a pay rise for next season.

Parramatta have released a statement regarding an incident involving young five-eighth Jaeman Salmon.

Salmon was charged with drink driving during an incident last year, with the NRL Integrity Unit now informed about the charge.

The full statement can be seen below.

Parramatta Eels Club player Jaeman Salmon has been charged with low range drink driving in a traffic incident that took place in October this year.

The NRL Integrity Unit has been informed as per our normal process and Jaeman will face court in January 2019.

Jaeman has already completed a safe driving course, however, once the legal process has been finalised, the Club will take the relevant next steps.

In the meantime, the Club is working with Jaeman to ensure a clear understanding of road safety matters and that all key lessons have been learned and embedded for future application.

The Club will not make any further comment until the legal proceedings are concluded.

Sounds like the club are acting like his parents/family here

If new Broncos coach Anthony Seibold is planning to offload Kodi Nikorima before the start of the 2019 season he’ll need to find a suitor other than the New Zealand Warriors.

Nikorima has two seasons to run on his contract at Red Hill but according to reports the Broncos recently made attempts to offload the incumbent Kiwi half-back to the Auckland club.

The 24-year-old appears a decent fit for the Warriors on paper but the Kiwi club’s general manager of football Brian Smith looked to put an end to the speculation on Tuesday.

"I'm not ruling anybody out of anything but he's (Nikorima) not on our board (of potential Johnson replacements)," Smith told The New Zealand Herald.

Jackson Hastings has opened up on the reported fight between him and DCE saying a fight never happened.

He says his problem at Manly was due to his breaking curfew which he says was the worst decision of his career... using slightly different words.

If you must know what he said, look here

Edited by Graham

A man has been charged over a pub fight with Knights forward Jacob Saifiti, who was left with a broken leg

A man has been charged over a fight outside a Newcastle pub that left NRL player Jacob Saifiti with a broken leg.

The Newcastle forward was rushed to hospital early on Sunday morning after being punched and falling awkwardly.

Police were told Saifiti, 22, was involved in an altercation with a 28-year-old man outside a hotel in Hamilton and began investigating.

The older man from Adamstown handed himself into police on Wednesday, where he was arrested and charged with reckless grievous bodily harm.

He was granted condition bail to appear in Newcastle Local Court on January 10.

The Newcastle Herald is reporting Saifiti has been released from hospital and is recovering at home, but is expected to be sidelined for three months.

Saifiti was restricted to just eight NRL games in 2018 while battling a broken shoulder blade which required two surgeries.

The Knights released a statement on Thursday, confirming Saifiti had been “exonerated by the police investigation from any culpability”.

“Saifiti attempted to defuse a situation involving other innocent bystanders, which led to his assault and charges have been laid,” the statement read.

“As such, this matter will be resolved in the courts and the club will make no further comment until the court case has run its course.”

St George Illawarra have reportedly expressed interest in one of Parramatta’s halves.

On Thursday, Norman had been reportedly approached by St George Illawarra.

Channel 9 said the Dragons had confirmed the interest in the five-eighth/fullback as a possible “insurance policy” if skipper Gareth Widdop departs before the end of his contract.

Edited by Graham

Talk of Martin Taupau wanting out of Manly appears to be over.

The wrecking ball forward was reportedly unhappy at the Sea Eagles and had been linked to the likes of Canterbury, Parramatta and the Sydney Roosters in recent months.

But according to The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie, new Manly coach Des Hasler has smoothed things over with the New Zealand international.

“He has had good long chats with Des Hasler, and Des has made him happy,” Ritchie told The Big Sports Breakfast.

“I think you’ll find he even wants an increased role in the club’s leadership.

“I think he’ll be there and switched on and ready to play.”

Brisbane enforcers Tevita Pangai Junior and Matt Lodge have officially put pen to paper on new deals that will see them remain Broncos for the foreseeable future.

Pangai has signed a 12-month extension that will see him stay at the Broncos in 2019, while Lodge has agreed to remain at Red Hill until at least the end of the 2020 season.

Further to a post above:

Manly Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker has been charged for allegedly assaulting his fiance on Thursday afternoon.

The 24-year old centre was arrested for the alleged domestic violence incident which took place in Sydney’s northern beaches at approximately 5pm.

Walker spent part of Thursday in Manly Police Station and was charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The former Australian international has been bailed to appear in Manly Local Court on December 11.

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman told the media on Friday morning that the club would wait for the dust to settle before handing Walker any penalties.