Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

The North Queensland Cowboys are aware of a series of allegations published by the Sydney Morning Herald today.

The club is providing its full support to the parties involved as their wellbeing is of utmost importance.

As the NRL is currently investigating the allegations, it is not appropriate for the club or its connected parties to make any further comment.

Apparently this is over a complaint made about a liason between a player and a female employee of the club in an airport toilet in the Qantas Lounge, which her distraught husband found out about. It is said the NRL have sat on this for a year without making any progress.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries; Cowboys Statement

Storm's Jarome Hughes is apparently being shopped round by his manager to other NRL clubs. He wants him to be paid a lot more. Storm it is said are willing to up his pay but can't or won't match what other clubs are reportedly willing to pay him.

Not sure where this will go, but it has all the hallmarks of a sweaty handed manager to me. Not saying that Jarome isn't worth a pay rise, maybe he could think about how well he has progressed at Storm under Bellyache.

Unwanted at the Titans and the Cowboys, he got a start under Craig Bellamy in Melbourne in 2017, the rest as they say is history ... or rather work in progress. He's improved no end, but for me is not yet the finished article. It has worked well for him with Smith and Munster to play alongside.

So will he go or will he stay? 

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

Hughes should look at other players who have left Storm and not set the NRL on fire, Cronk being a rare exception but he was a class or two above where Hughes is at the moment! He could get more money elsewhere but could he deliver? only a few Clubs  have the quality of Squad depth to achieve  it! But I doubt if they will be the ones throwing silly money at him!

• Like 1

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

Josh Addo Carr has told his manager Mario Tartak that he in open to staying with the Storm for another season. He does have a heads of agreement with Tigers. Preference is to come home but staying put an option again.

A HOA is a non-binding document which sets out the key terms of a proposed agreement between parties.

The Storm agreed that the Fox could head back to Sydney, but on the condition that they got a like-for-like replacement in return.

So far, no such move has developed for the winger, who will start for NSW in the 2020 series opener against Queensland in Adelaide.

Edited by Graham

Dylan Walkers in trouble with the Police again, he`s been charged with assault out the front of a pizzeria(not PapaJohns we don`t have them) in the middle of the day. Where to now for Dylan Walker, I can`t see any other NRL clubs touching him.

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

Dylan Walkers in trouble with the Police again, he`s been charged with assault out the front of a pizzeria(not PapaJohns we don`t have them) in the middle of the day. Where to now for Dylan Walker, I can`t see any other NRL clubs touching him.

Yes, I’ve just read about that. Sounds like he lost it, big time.

He won’t be made to stand down via the NRL’s No Fault Stand Down policy as the charge if proved has a sentence of less than 11 years.

I believe he has another year left of a contract with Manly.

29 minutes ago, Graham said:

He won’t be made to stand down via the NRL’s No Fault Stand Down policy as the charge if proved has a sentence of less than 11 years.

Manly aren`t exactly flush with good backs and Walker is good, but have you seen the highlights reel of that kid Josh Schuster they have on their books, have a look, kids got pedigree too. Whether he`s ready to play full time at 5/8 is another matter, but he will sometime this year. I thought after all that domestic violence stuff with Walker this year and Hasler turning up to court everyday for him that this might be the final straw and a chance to offload him without having to pay him out. It`s always a bonus if you can offload someone without paying him out and this could be the perfect excuse.

34 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Manly aren`t exactly flush with good backs and Walker is good, but have you seen the highlights reel of that kid Josh Schuster they have on their books, have a look, kids got pedigree too. Whether he`s ready to play full time at 5/8 is another matter, but he will sometime this year. I thought after all that domestic violence stuff with Walker this year and Hasler turning up to court everyday for him that this might be the final straw and a chance to offload him without having to pay him out. It`s always a bonus if you can offload someone without paying him out and this could be the perfect excuse.

Schuster looks a powerfully built young player with tons of confidence. He looks like a good prospect from that video.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

Schuster looks a powerfully built young player with tons of confidence. He looks like a good prospect from that video.

Not sure if you saw the same video as me, the one I saw he seems to hold the ball in one hand a lot,  lifting his arm up and dropping the pass off over the defenders shoulder/head, I love players who have that ability like Joey Manu and SBW, so dangerous when you can make those offloads. Anyway Graham one to watch out for and another Kiwi, their finally start to assemble a nice little squad of halves.

• Like 1

Not sure if you saw the same video as me, the one I saw he seems to hold the ball in one hand a lot,  lifting his arm up and dropping the pass off over the defenders shoulder/head, I love players who have that ability like Joey Manu and SBW, so dangerous when you can make those offloads. Anyway Graham one to watch out for and another Kiwi, their finally start to assemble a nice little squad of halves.

Yes saw the video with him carrying ball one handed and passing it over the top. So confident! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Son of former Halifax player John, apparently.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Graham said:

He’s got out of the blocks early in the  annual NRL off season scandalathon

• Haha 1

John Schuster (Nesetorio Johnny Schuster) - his father

Former ‘All Black’ (originally from Western Samoa), Schuster's strong runs down the flank and radar-like goal-kicking set Newcastle Knights fans cheering for more during the heady 1992 season. Despite setting two early club records - greatest career points and most points in a season (152pts in 1992), both bettered by Andrew Johns - Shuster spent most of the 1993 season in reserve grade and he shifted to English club Halifax at season’s end.

Halifax RLFC

John Schuster (Heritage 1051)

Date Of Birth - 17.01.1964

Place Of Birth - Apia Samoa

Fax career - 1993-97

Fax Points - 1013 Points

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

Jack Bird 🦅 has winged his way back to the Dragons , flying all the way from Brisbane despite a dodgy wing . He’s had a full medical ,has signed on the dotted line and so officially has a new  nest , although savvily the Dragons are getting the Broncos to take much of the burden of the migration down south . 

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries;

Boyd Cordner - Head knock and HIA in Origin 1:

On Thursday the NRL launched an investigation into the circumstances around NSWRL staff letting the captain back onto the field.

“We will investigate it because we will never compromise on player welfare, it is paramount... There is nothing that competes with it,” ARLC chairman Peter V’landys said.

The concern stems from Cordner’s history with head knocks. The 28-year-old missed five consecutive games this year due to a concussion.

15 hours ago, Graham said:

Boyd Cordner - Head knock and HIA in Origin 1:

On Thursday the NRL launched an investigation into the circumstances around NSWRL staff letting the captain back onto the field.

“We will investigate it because we will never compromise on player welfare, it is paramount... There is nothing that competes with it,” ARLC chairman Peter V’landys said.

The concern stems from Cordner’s history with head knocks. The 28-year-old missed five consecutive games this year due to a concussion.

It’a getting more  than a bit concerning . It’s not just now , it’s the longer term 

Rugby league star Latrell Mitchell has escaped conviction on a gun charge after pleading guilty. In April, Mitchell was charged with handing a firearm to an unauthorised person, and his licence was suspended. The South Sydney Rabbitohs star was also hit with a fine for a COVID-19 breach on the same occasion, after a photo was posted online of himself with a number of other men on a property near Taree on the NSW mid north coast. He was also fined $50,000 by the NRL for bringing the game into disrepute, though $30,000 of it was suspended. Mitchell, 23, was today sentenced to a conditional release for 12 months. He made no comment as he left court today.

Not sure whether this has been mentioned on here, but Jai Fields has signed a two year contract to play for Wigan Warriors.

Born in Wollongong he moves on from Parramatta Eels where he played just half a dozen games for them in 2020. Before Eels he was of course at Dragons.

Good luck to the young man.

Josh Addo-Carr is still not sorted for next season. Apparently he'd like to know for sure before Origin 3.

He's having another meeting with Tigers to see if that move is on.

A big sticking point is Storm wanting a top class replacement for him from the Fox's new club or at least from somewhere.

Apparently Nofoaluma isn't available for swapsies, or Tommy Talau for that matter.

Melbourne have also looked into Canterbury’s Reimis Smith, but a move won’t necessarily see Addo-Carr head to Belmore.

Look well if he decides to stay at Storm for 2021 and looks elsewhere after that.

Who knows? Who cares ? 😀

• Haha 1

I wouldn't let Tommy Talau go. He's our big hope for a long-term 6. Noff O'Luma has been one of our most consistent players since forever. If that is the price of JAC then who needs him? You buy players to strengthen your team. What's the point of buying a player when it automatically means having to buy another player from somewhere? Especially a winger. We've got Asu Kepaoa who'll be 21 next season and he's scored 4 tries in 5 NRL games. We also have Zac Cini coming through. He was a star on the last Schoolboys tour and he's only 20 now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I wouldn't let Tommy Talau go. He's our big hope for a long-term 6. Noff O'Luma has been one of our most consistent players since forever. If that is the price of JAC then who needs him? You buy players to strengthen your team. What's the point of buying a player when it automatically means having to buy another player from somewhere? Especially a winger. We've got Asu Kepaoa who'll be 21 next season and he's scored 4 tries in 5 NRL games. We also have Zac Cini coming through. He was a star on the last Schoolboys tour and he's only 20 now.

Interesting you say that Ducky, nothing from what i've seen of Talau has convinced me in any position he has played, but least of all in the halves. I remember watching him for Schoolboys and subsequently this year and he doesn't appear to me to have the natural instinct or reading of the game required of a top half. I think centre may end being his best position. He's young and it's early days in his career but just commenting on what I see

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Everyones got a soft spot for the Tigers, my old man tried to shanghai me into following them when I was a nipper in the early 70`s,went for St. George instead. Whenever they`re on TV you usually know your in for a good game, good to see them sticking with Maguire, he might bring a bit of grit to the club. I still think it is outrageous that a first grade Rugby League Club in a billion dollar comp has to play out of a ground like Campbelltown Stadium (ha..ha...call it a stadium.) Mini-Bank West down there would really shore up the Tige`s future. NRL and State Gov`t  ar$E-in-gear.

Everyones got a soft spot for the Tigers, my old man tried to shanghai me into following them when I was a nipper in the early 70`s,went for St. George instead.

When we arrived in Sydney in 1968 my uncle and cousin were passionate Souths fans and I followed suit. We had arrived from South Africa and my wife had good friends there so went for a team with a SA connection. Len Killeen was at Balmain Tigers so she followed them.

In 1969 the two teams met in the GF and the Tigers prevailed for a shock win mostly engineered by ex Wigan player Dave Bolton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Watt said:

When we arrived in Sydney in 1968 my uncle and cousin were passionate Souths fans and I followed suit. We had arrived from South Africa and my wife had good friends there so went for a team with a SA connection. Len Killeen was at Balmain Tigers so she followed them.

In 1969 the two teams met in the GF and the Tigers prevailed for a shock win mostly engineered by ex Wigan player Dave Bolton.

Nice yarn. I was talking to an Aunty of mine recently who has lived her whole life in the Ryde/Eastwood area, she was telling me that when Balmain made the GF that year that all the shops were adorned with  the Black and Gold. A golden era. Maybe you can help me with something, I was very young but I have recollections of a South Sydney player called George Longbottom, am I correct in thinking that he was a bit like Greg Inglis, a big strong long striding player of Aboriginal descent.