Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

36 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I saw the incident that led to Angus Crichton getting a three game ban , completely ridiculous . No way is that a crusher , Liam Martin basically fell into him 

It was no different to the one Kikau got away with in the same game.

Canberra will be without Tom Starling with the hooker sustaining a broken jaw in the loss to the Storm.

Starling will meet with a surgeon on Tuesday to determine if he will miss the rest of the season. 

If he doesn’t need to go under the knife he will be out for the next four weeks.

Cronulla Sharks veteran Andrew Fifita was taken to hospital via an ambulance with a “significant” throat injury following his side’s loss to the Knights on Sunday.

Fifita stayed on his knees after a tackle from Kurt Mann and and Sauaso Sue in the final minute of the first half. He was attended to by a trainer and left the field for a HIA.

The 32-year-old passed the HIA and returned to the field at the start of the second half, however he came off again five minutes later and did not return.

He was treated by medics on the sideline of Moreton Daily Stadium in Redcliffe.

Just noticed this on the team lists. Could be a coaching masterstroke by the Warriors:

"Jackson Frei drops to the extended bench with Jackson Frei taking his place."

I don't know what the facts are in the Mbye situation but the story appears to be that he'll keep his $850K/season with Wests chipping in $500K.

If this site didn't have a sweary filter, I might say something like, "##### ####### ## ###### ###### #########!!!!!!"

5 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I don't know what the facts are in the Mbye situation but the story appears to be that he'll keep his $850K/season with Wests chipping in $500K.

If this site didn't have a sweary filter, I might say something like, "##### ####### ## ###### ###### #########!!!!!!"

Always amazes me that. One club paying the lion’s share of a player’s wages who is playing against them.

The Roosters poach some muscle from the Broncos: https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2021-roosters-raid-broncos-to-sign-xavier-and-de-la-salle-vaa/news-story/d6b3bfe2b350933001682eae2bd73619 

One potential downside: “Xavier and De La Salle also hope to work with Sonny Bill Williams, not only with their football but their boxing careers."

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bulldogs have stood down star backrower Adam Elliott for the remaining two games of their season and the NRL is investigating an alleged incident at a Gold Coast restaurant over the weekend.

The Daily Telegraph broke the news on Monday and Canterbury later confirmed via a statement Elliott has been stood down pending an investigation.

It’s alleged Elliott, who was drinking with teammates, was asked to leave an establishment on Sunday afternoon. 

There has been no suggestion of a breach of the game’s strict biosecurity measures as the restaurant was an approved venue by the NRL.

Another falling foul of his club, even worse than Elliot is Curtis Scott:

Curtis Scott has had his contract torn up by Canberra Raiders after a string of off-field incidents.

The troubled 23-year-old’s career was in the balance after two major off-field incidents since joining Canberra from Melbourne 18 months ago.

“The Canberra Raiders board of directors today decided to terminate the contract of Curtis Scott effective immediately… ,” the club said in a statement on Monday. 

“The board decided that Curtis’ prior behaviour and recent assault charge has brought the club into disrepute, and they could not ignore 

Edited by Graham

NRL 360 report that Scott was also involved in a fight with John Bateman last year. In the affray Scott injured his hand and was sidelined for a few weeks. Canberra kept it internal and police were not involved.

" Buzz" also stated that Scott was now attending A . A .meetings.

Good luck on your road to recovery.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

12 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

NRL 360 report that Scott was also involved in a fight with John Bateman last year. In the affray Scott injured his hand and was sidelined for a few weeks. Canberra kept it internal and police were not involved.

" Buzz" also stated that Scott was now attending A . A .meetings.

Good luck on your road to recovery.

As you say let’s hope he comes through this and turns his life round.

4 hours ago, Graham said:

As you say let’s hope he comes through this and turns his life round.

Sure , but he’s a got a cheek kicking back at the Raiders . There’s only so much rope any club or organisation can give anyone . Hopefully he helps himself from now 

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Sure , but he’s a got a cheek kicking back at the Raiders . There’s only so much rope any club or organisation can give anyone . Hopefully he helps himself from now 

True David.

Raiders have toughened up this season.

Their patience snapped with George Williams at the end of May, so much so that when his release came it was a big shock. I was not impressed with their handling of that situation. Different situation with Scott but still the same result, a sudden parting of the ways.