Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

What will Ricky Stuart be thinking?

Letting Josh Hodgson go will free up $800,000 salary cap space.

Tom Starling was there to fill Hodgson's boots, but Starling is again in trouble with the law.

Maybe he will be wondering if he's going to be dealing with more off field Starling problems in the season ahead. Starling has been charged with an offence but hasn't yet been found guilty on a court of law.

Starling allegedly fled on foot when the incident happened but presented himself at Gosford Police Station days later.

He was charged with threatening or causing injury to a potential juror or witness and behaving in an offensive manner in or near a public place or school.

Stuart was confident he could rein in troubled centre Curtis Scott when he arrived from the Storm last year.

But Scott proved a headache from the start and he was eventually sacked in August following a string of off-field incidents.

Former Parramatta winger Blake Ferguson will reportedly move to Japanese side NEC Green Rockets in a big cross-code switch.

The 31-year-old was informed by the Eels last month that he wouldn't be offered a new deal and therefore needed to find a new club should he want to carry on with his career.

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

Former Parramatta winger Blake Ferguson will reportedly move to Japanese side NEC Green Rockets in a big cross-code switch.

The 31-year-old was informed by the Eels last month that he wouldn't be offered a new deal and therefore needed to find a new club should he want to carry on with his career.

So he’s gone half way …. He’s found a new club and not carried on with his career

• Haha 2

On 24/10/2021 at 09:38, Futtocks said:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 30/10/2021 at 20:00, DoubleD said:

Really good signing that, think he’ll go well in SL. I’m surprised he never played more in NRL

Wouldn't call him a 'really good' signing, he never stood out at all in any Sharks games I watched

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Penrith Panthers have terminated Tyrone May's contract with immediate effect, following his conduct on social media after the club's grand-final win over South Sydney.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-03/nrl-penrith-panthers-terminate-tyrone-may-contract/100591184

• Like 1

Melbourne:

Cameron Munster has told the club he will see out his current deal instead of becoming the Dolphins marquee man in 2023. 

Munster is contracted until the end of the 2023 season but he’s been linked to the Dolphins after saying he was open to moving back home to Queensland. 

Josh Hodgson could end up in Tiger land this pre-season, and not the nation’s capital, with a decision expected in the coming days and a medical already completed. 

That’s according to the Sydney Morning Herald, which reports Hodgson, who is due back at the Raiders on Friday, is at the top of the Tigers’ hit list as they look to bring in some experience at dummy half. 

The report adds: “Tigers officials have good reason to believe he no longer wants to be in the nation’s capital and is chasing a fresh start in Sydney under coach Michael Maguire.”

Right now, the only sticking point is reportedly how much of Hodgson’s $900k contract the Tigers are willing to pay. 

According to the Herald, the Tigers aren’t willing to move up from the $500k mark and are keen on handing out a two-year contract — as long as they’re able to land Hodgson this season. 

Still, with Tom Starling set to face court in the new year, the Raiders are in no rush to let Hodgson walk out the door. 

The Bulldogs have reportedly issued John Asiata a letter of termination due to his refusl to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

The NRL does not have a competition wide mandate, but the club itself has applied a mandate to its own players.

Asiata recently signed a one-year deal with the Canterbury side, but the Sydney Morning Herald has reported that the 28-year-old received a letter of termination last week.

The Canterbury club has said they will have no players on their books unable to fulfil their contractual obligations next season. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Graham said:

The Bulldogs have reportedly issued John Asiata a letter of termination due to his refusl to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

The NRL does not have a competition wide mandate, but the club itself has applied a mandate to its own players.

Asiata recently signed a one-year deal with the Canterbury side, but the Sydney Morning Herald has reported that the 28-year-old received a letter of termination last week.

The Canterbury club has said they will have no players on their books unable to fulfil their contractual obligations next season. 

Don’t want to get political but I’m unnerved by this 

• Like 2

On 21/11/2021 at 23:03, DavidM said:

Viliame Kikau on his way to Belmore , another big coup that’s leaked out. 

Was having lunch at the Penrith Leagues club yesterday and there on an adjacent table as part of a player reunion was a group of 6 ex-Penrith players all kitted out in their old Penrith gear. Among them Tim Sheens, Royce Simmons and the current Penrith recruitment manager Jim Jones. Had a little 5 minute chat with the group and Jones indicated that Penrith were having  trouble keeping below their forward salary cap and Kikau was an obvious casualty. He was not overly ambitious about how they would go in 2022 saying a top 6 position would be satisfactory and for the future would be relying on their own youth pathways with one or two country signings.

I kicked off the initial conversation by saying that the first Penrith match I watched marked the  home debut of Stevo and Bill Ashurst which sparked Sheens into life as he talked about them and other UK players. I asked him who he rated as the best English forward to come out to Aus and without hesitation he nominated Mal Reilly.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George Watt said:

Was having lunch at the Penrith Leagues club yesterday and there on an adjacent table as part of a player reunion was a group of 6 ex-Penrith players all kitted out in their old Penrith gear. Among them Tim Sheens, Royce Simmons and the current Penrith recruitment manager Jim Jones. Had a little 5 minute chat with the group and Jones indicated that Penrith were having  trouble keeping below their forward salary cap and Kikau was an obvious casualty. He was not overly ambitious about how they would go in 2022 saying a top 6 position would be satisfactory and for the future would be relying on their own youth pathways with one or two country signings.

I kicked off the initial conversation by saying that the first Penrith match I watched marked the  home debut of Stevo and Bill Ashurst which sparked Sheens into life as he talked about them and other UK players. I asked him who he rated as the best English forward to come out to Aus and without hesitation he nominated Mal Reilly.

Not overly ambitious and top 6 satisfactory?

For a defending premiers, that's woeful expectations. Minimum they should be targeting is another Grand Final, if not winning again. Set your expectations high. Anything other than top 4 would be a woeful underachievement 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Not overly ambitious and top 6 satisfactory?

For a defending premiers, that's woeful expectations. Minimum they should be targeting is another Grand Final, if not winning again. Set your expectations high. Anything other than top 4 would be a woeful underachievement 

Double they`ve been attracting a lot of negative headlines about being arrogant - all that waving defeated teams off and giving them a gob-full - so there might be a push from inside the club to act a little more like champions now and cut the nonsense. These things start from the top and the blokes that George mentions would be privy to these sort of discussions.

With regard that behaviour this year it was certainly unsightly but I did think that the coach was just letting the players ride the wave, so to speak. I think he was probably aware that it wasn`t pretty but he didn`t want to tell them to pull their heads in and risk disrupting their momentum. Ivan Cleary came out after the GF and said winning that first GF was the hardest thing he`d ever done, I think there was an inordinate amount of pressure on him and he was going to do whatever it took. We saw that in some of his game-day tactics as well.

Ant way now that he`s climbed that mountain hopefully this year we will see a Panthers team behaving like something more befitting a Rugby League Team - champions with out half the nonsense.

• Like 2

On 22/11/2021 at 01:01, DavidM said:

Don’t want to get political but I’m unnerved by this 

Certainly the right thing to do. The NRL would be well advised to follow the Bulldogs for those not vaccinated.