Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Tommy Turbo to have surgery on an MCL . Probably 4-6 weeks , but huge blow for Manly . There’s no more important player to a team , he’s just a fantastic player 

He thought he’d be okay and that he’d be able to play on, but a scan showed a tear and that surgery was needed.

Xavier Coates is settling in well at Storm. For me it’s a match made in heaven. He’s a terrific young player in a club that will be good for him. 
He originally signed for two years with them. Storm aim to sign him for a further two years.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Xavier Coates is settling in well at Storm. For me it’s a match made in heaven. He’s a terrific young player in a club that will be good for him. 
He originally signed for two years with them. Storm aim to sign hi. For a further two years.

Agree on Coates but a surprise for me at Storm is Josh King who looks an excellent buy and a different player after an inauspicious career at Newcastle Knights.

Talking of the Knights where do you think Ponga will be next year? Will he be wooed by Bennett to the Dolphins?

11 hours ago, George Watt said:

Agree on Coates but a surprise for me at Storm is Josh King who looks an excellent buy and a different player after an inauspicious career at Newcastle Knights.

Talking of the Knights where do you think Ponga will be next year? Will he be wooed by Bennett to the Dolphins?

It’s a definite possibility it seems…

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/kalyn-ponga-asked-for-secret-wayne-bennett-dolphins-meeting-reports/news-story/8b15f92209ec07573d2533020d5eb3d3?amp

• 3 weeks later...

Ponga signs new 5 year deal with the Knights . Huge for Newcastle , and a big blow for the Dolphins , he would have been a real statement signing . I’m a big Ponga fan I think he is a fantastic talent 

• Like 3

On 21/04/2022 at 10:42, Graham said:

Tariq Sims

The story has moved on.

Apparently not only is he moving to Storm from Dragons for the 2023 season, but it is more than likely the move will be made maybe as soon as straight away.

Strange 

Who writes these NRL power rankings.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-power-rankings-kalyn-ponga-knights-scott-drinkwater-cowboys-luke-brooks-tigers-form/news-story/13766db4fb080b5ec87d24e887f36ca5

I admit the Wabbits bring out the Elmer Fudd in me but no way are they as low as 11th best team in the NRL

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Munster:

Melbourne Storm have reportedly hit back at a potential suitor of Cameron Munster, lodging a complaint to the club.

Following comments from Dolphins head coach Wayne Bennett that stated their desire to have Munster at Redcliffe in either 2023 or 2024, Melbourne is apparently "seeing red" as they believe the newcomers are acting "arrogant" in their pursuit of the superstar five-eighth.

Munster, who seems to be at the top of Bennett's wish list for the Dolphin's maiden season in 2023, however, isn't off contract with the Storm until the end of next year, with the club reportedly stating there's "zero chance" the Queensland Maroons five-eighth is available until after his contract finishes.

According to News Corp's Dean Ritchie, this is causing a conflict between the two clubs, with the Storm filing an official complaint with the club.

I like this quote from here

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-03/st-george-illawarra-dragons-melbourne-storm-preview/101032052"

I wish I knew (why they were so good). I don't know. I think there's 15 other clubs sitting there going 'what's so good about these bastards' because they're just so good.

"They just continue to get better and better. It'll be a big feat, a big challenge for us, but we'll go down there with the right attitude.

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

On 06/05/2022 at 13:24, Anita Bath said:

Foran leaving Manly for Titans next season.

A fit Foran is a very good signing for the Titans . They certainly lack direction and experience in the halves 

• The Dolphins have announced their latest signing with Cowboys back-rower Connelly Lemuelu joining the club on a two-year deal.Lemuelu made his debut in 2020 for North Queensland and has chalked up 20 matches, including one off the bench this season.

• Rookie halfback Ronald Volkman and hooker Freddy Lussick will join the Warriors with immediate effect after the New Zealand-based club released Kiwi playmaker Kodi Nikorima to South Sydney.

Cameron Murray will miss up to a month  of playing after the Souths confirmed he had a 'minor' shoulder injury on Wednesday morning.

Murray, who has shown no signs of discomfort on the field and managed to play 76 minutes during last weekend's loss to the Brisbane Broncos, will spend three to four weeks on the sideline.