Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I wonder what the total of judiciary fines is for 2022 season so far? It must be a LOT.

After R22

t0A8hBb.jpg

Where does it go . It looks like a racket because quite a lot are absolutely nothing . There were instances reviewed and put on report over the weekend and honestly I just had to laugh 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Where does it go . It looks like a racket because quite a lot are absolutely nothing . There were instances reviewed and put on report over the weekend and honestly I just had to laugh 

Correct there were some very soft ones.

Where it goes as far as I can tell …

“NRL fines traditionally go towards player wellbeing and education-related initiatives, as part of an agreement with the Rugby League Players Association when the monetary sanctions were introduced to the judiciary system.”

With the millions that have been paid in fines since the system was adopted, all the players should be doing very well and be highly educated (able to read and write and spell a bit).

Match Review Charges - Round 23

Player Charge Plea Suspension/Fine
Tevita Pangai Junior (Bulldogs) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact  TBC $1800-$2500 fine
Victor Radley (Roosters) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact  TBC $1000-$1500 fine
James Tamou (Wests Tigers) Grade 3 Contrary Conduct TBC 2-3 matches
Jeremiah Nanai (Cowboys) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact TBC $1800-2500 fine

Again some of the incidents put on report , dear me . Theyve got to stop the Bunker coming in telling refs to put a player on report , which is basically an excuse to give a penalty . The tolerance must be raised so that unless its serious enough to warrant a sin bin or send off the Bunker keeps out . Where we are now is ridiculous with random Bunker interference anytime the play stops , when they will work back to find something to put on report . Corey Horsburgh was basically put on report for being Corey Horsburgh . Then Gagai was put on report for what was barely a penalty , then Tapine stayed down in a headclash and because he stayed down the Bunker rushed in to find a crusher that wasn’t there and he wasn’t complaining about . All in 5 minutes . We then had an in-depth look at a knock on .

Edited by DavidM

Canberra Raiders have confirmed a list of six players set to depart the club at the end of the 2022 season.

Of the six, only Sam Williams is yet to find a new club, with Josh Hodgson (Parramatta Eels), Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (New Zealand Warriors), Adam Elliot (Newcastle Knights), Ryan Sutton (Canterbury Bulldogs) and Harry Rushton (Huddersfield Giants) already having their new clubs locked in.

All six had already been announced by the club, which will come as good news for Elijah Anderson and Adrian Trevilyan, who are the only two players remaining off-contract at the end of this season.

It means the Raiders will enter the off-season with a number of spots still to be filled in their 30-man squad, with no signings yet announced for 2023.

The NRL will review court documents and complete their own investigation before they determine whether to take action against Taylan May after the Penrith winger was found guilty of assault on Wednesday. 

What’s he likely to get for this? 
Assault causing ABH.

What I found… The maximum penalty that applies to Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm is 5 years imprisonment, or a fine of $5,500.00.

Taylan May suspended for two games but can play finals and serve suspension next year.

Having seen the assault on NRL 360 on you tube I'm with Kent, decision is ridiculous and an embarrassment to the code.

• Like 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

Taylan May suspended for two games but can play finals and serve suspension next year.

Having seen the assault on NRL 360 on you tube I'm with Kent, decision is ridiculous and an embarrassment to the code.

Completely , it’s not school sports . Ridiculous decision , ridiculous precedent 

Judiciary after Finals Week 1 2022

Player Charge Verdict Suspension/Fine
Thomas Burgess (Rabbitohs) Grade 2 High Tackle - Careless TBC 2-3 matches
Thomas Burgess (Rabbitohs) Grade 1 High Tackle - Careless TBC $1800-$2500 fine
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Roosters) Grade 2 Dangerous Contact TBC 3-4 matches
Taane Milne (Rabbitohs) Grade 1 High Tackle - Careless TBC $1800-$2500 fine
Joseph Suaalii (Roosters) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact TBC $1800-$2500 fine
Dale Finucane (Sharks) Grade 1 Crusher Tackle Guilty, early plea $3000 fine
Felise Kaufusi (Storm) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact Gulty, early plea $1800 fine
Taylan May (Panthers) Grade 2 High Tackle - Careless Guilty, early plea 1 match
Spencer Leniu (Panthers) Grade 1 High Tackle - Careless Guilty, early plea $750 fine

Souths have been given a boost ahead of their grand final rematch against the Panthers, with prop Tevita Tatola escaping a ban for a chicken wing tackle. 

Tatola was placed on report and subsequently charged for the dangerous tackle on Sharks winger Ronaldo Mulitalo, with the match review committee deeming it a grade one offence.

The front rower though will escape with a fine of $1,800 if he takes the early guilty plea, with it only being his second offence this year.

• 4 weeks later...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wests and Newcastle have done a player swap involving Klemmer and Jackson Hastings.

I don't get it with Hastings. There are always allegedly multiple clubs queuing up to sign him but then those same clubs are always ready to let him go.

On 16/11/2022 at 14:24, Farmduck said:

Wests and Newcastle have done a player swap involving Klemmer and Jackson Hastings.

I don't get it with Hastings. There are always allegedly multiple clubs queuing up to sign him but then those same clubs are always ready to let him go.

Plus he always seems eager to leave clubs that want him to stay.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Former Panthers assistant Andrew Webster is confident he won’t fall victim to the “biggest mistake” new coaches make as he takes over at the Warriors ahead of the 2023 season.

I saw this opening paragraph in a Fox Sports story. Surely " the “biggest mistake” new coaches make" is becoming Warriors coach, so he's already too late.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...