Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Jake Mullaney has left the Bradford Bulls and is headed home to Australia – less than three months after signing a two-year contract extension.

The full back was signed from Salford before the start of last season and, despite a succession of back and hamstring injuries, he emerged as a key player.

But with his girlfriend homesick, the Bulls have granted the 25-year-old a release and he could now search for a club back in the NRL.

Bradford managing director Steve Ferres said: "We're disappointed Jake has left because he was going to be a big part of our team moving forward."

Penrith have joined the race for New Zealand ace Peta Hiku with the club viewing the centre as an ideal replacement for Jamal Idris.

While the Panthers are also keen on former Canterbury centre turned free-agent Tim Lafai, foxsports.com.au can reveal the Panthers have tabled Hiku a three-year-deal which would tie him to the foot of the mountains until the end of 2018.

The Panthers however have some stiff competition in front of them as Hiku has already received offers from both Parramatta and St George Illawarra.

Hiku has two-years to run on his deal with Manly but after the versatile back was told by new coach Trent Barrett he was free to explore his options, he hasn’t been short of interest.

Having just heard that James Roberts has told the Titans to stick their contract,there`s another top centre in the transfer mix,though how that will work I don`t know as I`d have thought all the clubs will be well salary capped to the max now. Still,Roberts must have some idea of where he`s heading to,obviously it`s not Souths or Penrith as they`ve already sacked him. I wouldn`t be surprised if he`s been listening to his relations too much,getting "expert" advice from uncle Anthony,so if I were him I`d be thinking again and very quickly too before the Titans say oh well,see you later then.

ORIGIN winger Will Hopoate says the desire to reunite with former coach Des Hasler was a driving factor behind his move to Canterbury.

Hopoate confirmed the NRL’s worst kept secret on Monday by officially announcing a two-year deal with the Bulldogs, effective immediately and expiring at the end of 2017.

I'm hearing Souths only released Walker because they have a world class centre in there sights, Personally I hope it's James Roberts coming home and even better would be Konrad Hurrell.

So James Roberts is a free agent & Souths have around 300k up there sleeve & are looking for a long term fullback to replace GI... I'm putting two and two together and hoping he's coming home.

Sydney is the last place Roberts needs to be,that`s why going to the Titans was the best possible outcome for him,but he`s chucked all that now. As I said,I think he`s copping some very bad advice,but at the end of the day the bloke has to make his own decisions,right or wrong. Why would Souths take him back knowing what he was like when they had him not too long ago? Maybe he`s hoping Wayne Bennett will come knocking on the door,but Benny`s no mug,he won`t touch Roberts with a barge pole if he thinks the situation`s not right. Bloody mug.

Bit cranky Dave?

I'll tell you this, Souths where extremely reluctant to let Roberts go as he was seen as the long term fullback & since we showed him the door I'd say it has dawned on those in charge that we have no other real options  & perhaps Inglis has told Souths he is moving on after this season who knows? The Broncos are after him and will likely get him but I'm very hopeful Souths make the deal happen as he is a true super star in the making.

HIKU JOINS PANTHERS

Panthers have secured the services of Kiwi International Peta Hiku for the next three seasons 

I really don't get Penrith they have so much talent locally yet they sign good but not great players from other clubs. I'm positive there are local lads who they would be far better off focusing on.

Bit cranky Dave?

I'll tell you this, Souths where extremely reluctant to let Roberts go as he was seen as the long term fullback & since we showed him the door I'd say it has dawned on those in charge that we have no other real options  & perhaps Inglis has told Souths he is moving on after this season who knows? The Broncos are after him and will likely get him but I'm very hopeful Souths make the deal happen as he is a true super star in the making.

No I`m not cranky,well not more than usual being a poor old Warriors supporter. I just get very peed off with blokes who do the dirty on people who`ve given them a lifeline,in other words,saved their career. I saw him being interviewed the other day,said he loved the fans and might come back one day. Errr,is this bloke,Roberts,the full quid or what?

No I`m not cranky,well not more than usual being a poor old Warriors supporter. I just get very peed off with blokes who do the dirty on people who`ve given them a lifeline,in other words,saved their career. I saw him being interviewed the other day,said he loved the fans and might come back one day. Errr,is this bloke,Roberts,the full quid or what?

Fair point mate, That is why I follow my club and not players as they come & go and very few have any loyalty at all. Broncos will be near unbeatable with Roberts in there side next year (Unfortunately).

By the way my Warriors prediction is underperform as usual until I'll say round 8 at what point they sack the coach and surprise surprise Ivan Cleary is appointed coach & Warriors finish top 4. There is simply way to much talent in there 2016 side not to.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

I was never an Ivan Cleary fan,ok he got the Warriors into the GF in 2011,but only because the Warriors got some amazing luck with the play off system as it then was,not surprising that they changed it to the present system in 2012. I`ve watched Kiwi league since I landed in Auckland in 1972 from the Old Dart and one thing I`ve learned is that you never know what you`re going to get. The Warriors are no different,so much talent as you say,but so little to show for it. Their problem is,and always has been,in the top four inches,some of the things they do has you either rolling on the floor with laughter,or ripping your hair out with anger. 2016 will be no different,they`ll get the odd good victory,but still confound us with some awful defeats. The coach might change,but overall,the performances will stay the same. "We`ve never been fitter pre season than we are now",and "There`s a real confidence in the squad now that hasn`t been there before". Yeah,yeah,we`ve heard the same tripe for years. I`ll tell you now,they`ll be behind the eight ball after the first two rounds,Tigers and Broncos both away,two certain defeats,so they`ll be on catch up mode straight away and that`s when the same big mistakes creep back into their game. The best coach they ever had was Daniel Anderson,but the players did the dirty on him after he got them to the GF in 2002,basically forcing him out and they`ve been average ever since. Maybe somebody like Craig Bellamy would be the answer,not that he`d likely touch them with a barge pole,everybody else will find them a coaches graveyard.

Having missed out on snaring Manly's Peta Hiku - who's off to the Panthers - Parramatta now has Titans flyer James Roberts in their sights.

James Roberts' manager, Jeremy Donovan was spotted talking to Eels bosses, Steve Sharp (Chairman) and Daniel Anderson (Head of Football Operations).

Donovan admits the talks were “completely informal” but “there’s definite interest there”.

Broncos, Cowboys, Dragons, Rabbitohs, and the Sharks are also believed to be after the former Titans star.

It's understood a deal will be reached by next week.

What do you reckon?

Broncos?

Rugby Leagues perennial battlers Brisbane would appear the most likely destination for Roberts now.

Rugby Leagues perennial battlers Brisbane would appear the most likely destination for Roberts now.

Yes they've really struggled over the years to recruit players so it's about time they got one.

Chris McQueen has signed with the Titans on a 2-year deal, effective immediately. Adam Reynolds asked Souths for an immediate release so he could also go to the Titans but they said NO. So there's the Sam B salary cap situation sorted.

Tim Lafai has signed with St George. 2 years. I guess this means they don't want James Roberts now.

Chris McQueen has signed with the Titans on a 2-year deal, effective immediately. Adam Reynolds asked Souths for an immediate release so he could also go to the Titans but they said NO. So there's the Sam B salary cap situation sorted.

Tim Lafai has signed with St George. 2 years. I guess this means they don't want James Roberts now.

I'm beyond speechless with what is going on at Souths I really am. Some serious questions needs to be asked of Michael Maguire & his man management/ Salary cap management skills.

Yeah,that`s a bolt from the blue about Reynolds,but I don`t think the Titans could afford him even if they`ve made an inquiry. They`ve already signed Roberts from Newcastle and Taylor from the Broncos,so along with Elgey and Mortimer,why would they want another half?

Reynolds says he never asked for a release but I'm not buying it. I'd like to see Madge move on & Souths sign Darryl Powell (Sorry Cas fans) but I really rate the bloke.

... or realise they weren't going to get Roberts anyway...?

Reynolds says he never asked for a release but I'm not buying it. I'd like to see Madge move on & Souths sign Darryl Powell (Sorry Cas fans) but I really rate the bloke.

I'm a Fev Rovers follower and I can tell you Darryl Powell is the best coach we've ever had and I've followed the game from childhood.. 

I was privileged to see him work behind the scenes at the club and he's got clear ideas, communicates well and organises and recruits to a plan within budget.

Cas did well to get him, and it's perhaps the only smart move they have ever made ........ :-D

Edited by G Las D