Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Paul Newlove was 17 years, 1 month, and 17 days when he debuted for Featherstone Rovers on 27th September 1988.

He became the youngest ever GB international when he made his debut against New Zealand at the age of 18 years and 72 days

Harold Wagstaffe was 15 when he first played for Huddersfield and I think Neil Fox was 16 when he first played for Trinity.

Is there and news of Chris Lawrence coming over to SL for his pension doing the rounds?

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Harold Wagstaffe was 15 when he first played for Huddersfield and I think Neil Fox was 16 when he first played for Trinity.

Is there and news of Chris Lawrence coming over to SL for his pension doing the rounds?

Hopefully not , he really needs to retire .

Wantaway  Josh Addo-Carr is eyeing a shift to fullback in a move that appears likely to see him wearing Wests Tigers colours in 2021.

He has long been known to be leaving Melbourne at season's end having expressed his desire over the off-season to return to Sydney and be closer with family.

21 minutes ago, Graham said:

Wantaway  Josh Addo-Carr is eyeing a shift to fullback in a move that appears likely to see him wearing Wests Tigers colours in 2021.

He has long been known to be leaving Melbourne at season's end having expressed his desire over the off-season to return to Sydney and be closer with family.

The prodigal returns 

Thought it couldn’t get any worse for Storm?

Their injuries have mounted up alarmingly to the point where they had to field a makeshift side against Parramatta yesterday.

Only last week Vunivalu suffered a broken jaw. Yesterday  one of their best two players in the game v Eels also suffered a broken jaw. So he’s another that will miss the rest of the season.

Josh Reynolds is being touted for a move to SL and suprise, suprise it's not to Catalans, Wigan & Leeds being mentioned, as to what benefit either see in signing him it's hard to fathom. In the pies case its probably to replace French or Hastings for the Rhino's its the usual if it moves, sign it tho' there is talk that Jai Arrow might no be released. They never learn do they.

Manly centre Moses Suli suffered a season-ending foot injury against the Rabbitohs last night.

Scans confirmed Suli suffered a Lisfranc injury and will now spend three months on the sidelines.

Suli played 13 games and scored two tries this season.

In other Manly news, Tevita Funa has received a $550 fine for a careless high tackle last night 50-16 loss to the Rabbitohs

Adam Blair has not made a decision on whether he’ll continue to play next season.

The Warriors have allowed the former Kiwis captain to decide his future, but he wants to make sure it is the right decision for him and his family before announcing his plans.

“I’ve always thought that I’d go round again next year. It’s obviously my option and I’m going to take my time with that,” Blair said.

Warriors need to know as he is reckoned (???) to be on $650,000 a season 

13 minutes ago, Graham said:

Adam Blair has not made a decision on whether he’ll continue to play next season.

The Warriors have allowed the former Kiwis captain to decide his future, but he wants to make sure it is the right decision for him and his family before announcing his plans.

“I’ve always thought that I’d go round again next year. It’s obviously my option and I’m going to take my time with that,” Blair said.

Warriors need to know as he is reckoned (???) to be on $650,000 a season 

And therein lies one of the Warrior's problems, offering ridiculous amounts to bring back aged Kiwis who take the place of upcoming disheartened players, and those they do sign don't do anything to improve their culture. RTS must surely be searching for a way out by now?

On 20/08/2020 at 10:40, Graham said:

I couldn’t help think that The Fox looked ordinary in that Eels game granted in a weak Storm side.

On 20/08/2020 at 11:48, Graham said:

Full back? Oh yes they make more money than wingers.

It seems the way now doesn’t it, say you want to play fullback like quite a few, take the wage increase then happily go back to the wing just another ploy from there agents

a4ifkX7.jpg
The Dragons have locked up two of their future stars in Mat and Max Feagai and promoted the brothers to the club's NRL squad for next season.

Already signed until the end of 2021, the Feagai brothers have signed one-year extensions to see them remain in the Red V until at least the end of the 2022 season.

Edited by Graham

INJURED IN ROUND 16

Latrell Mitchell (hamstring) - season

Dylan Brown (ankle) - finals-season

Billy Brittain (concussion) - Round 17-18

Jake Friend (concussion) - Round 17-18

Michael Morgan (calf) - Round 20

Coen Hess (concussion) - Round 17-18

Jesse Ramien (concussion/eye) - Round 17-18

Josh Dugan (knee) - TBC

Isaah Yeo (concussion) - TBC

Marion Seve (knee) - season

Nelson Asofa-Solomona (calf) - TBC

Reuben Garrick (shoulder) - TBC

How is Jerome Luai after his vicious high tackle by Benji which had him mortally wounded until he got a penalty ? I think the VR there needed a HIA after that call to . I detest all that , and it’s getting worse and worse 

Raiders sponsors are downgrading their link with Canberra. They've sponsored them for about ten years.

They cite the business climate largely brought about by the Covid pandemic.

So 2020 is the final year as a major sponsor.

They will have their logo on the back of next season's jersey. They'll also retain the naming rights of the Raiders' training ground.