Graham

Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries;

Former Maroons forward Ethan Lowe, whose career has been hampered by neck injuries, has retired at the age of 29.

In his post-match media conference after South Sydney's preliminary final los to the Panthers on Saturday night, coach Wayne Bennett said Lowe would not be returning next year.

The Rabbitohs forward has been sidelined since the round-10 loss to Newcastle when he aggravated an old neck injury during the match. Lowe had undergone surgery for a neck problem in 2016 and went under the knife again this year.

31 minutes ago, Graham said:

Former Maroons forward Ethan Lowe, whose career has been hampered by neck injuries, has retired at the age of 29.

In his post-match media conference after South Sydney's preliminary final los to the Panthers on Saturday night, coach Wayne Bennett said Lowe would not be returning next year.

The Rabbitohs forward has been sidelined since the round-10 loss to Newcastle when he aggravated an old neck injury during the match. Lowe had undergone surgery for a neck problem in 2016 and went under the knife again this year.

That’s very sad to hear. He was playing some of the beat footy of his career last year 

Well that would be full circle after he walked out . I’d be wanting the Broncos to be subbing getting up to half his wage if they want shot of him 

On 15/10/2020 at 19:36, DavidM said:

I agree about the right club . I’m not sure that is the Roosters . He’d played about 10 first grade games before being told to steer the ship of the double champs and fill the shoes of Cooper Cronk. He was under the microscope there with big pressure and bigger , unfair , expectations. Somewhere like the Bulldogs would be a lot better for his development you’d think 

I agree, he looked to like he was under a lot of pressure and lacked a bit of confidence, and that could be expected going straight into the superstar team and having to get everything right plus apparently having a lot of traffic run at him. Hopefully away from the spotlight he might gain the confidence to come out of his shell.

59 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I agree, he looked to like he was under a lot of pressure and lacked a bit of confidence, and that could be expected going straight into the superstar team and having to get everything right plus apparently having a lot of traffic run at him. Hopefully away from the spotlight he might gain the confidence to come out of his shell.

I was surprised the Roosters targeted him in the first place, as a replacement for Cronk. He didn’t look like a standout player for Cronulla, more like a young player who was making his way in the game. It seemed an awful lot to expect from him. 

Cameron Smith seems to have thrown plenty of fans off the scent as he suggest he is physically and mentally tough enough to go around again in 2021, per The Sydney Morning Herald.

Smith had many NRL members believe Saturday’s Grand Final would be his last after being chaired off the field following the Storm’s preliminary final victory over Canberra.

The Melbourne veteran has now revealed he feels as though he could play on next season, giving no indication he will retire.

Smith said he will make a decision “some time after the grand final…

South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to confirm the signing of second rower Jacob Host until at least the end of the 2023 Season, as well as international centre Taane Milne until at least the end of the 2022 season,” the club said in a statement.

Host, 24, has played 51 NRL matches for the St George Illawarra Dragons since making his NRL debut against the New Zealand Warriors in round nine, 2016.

I think there’s a very good player in Taane Milne , but he won’t get many more chances at the highest level . He’s threw away a couple of excellent opportunities with poor discipline and choices , then had bad luck with injury , so he’s got to grasp this chance - and he’s really fell on his feet here . He’s been outstanding for Fiji and showed potential at the dragons , so I hope he’s not a ‘ what if ‘ player and grasps this opportunity . Disappointed Host has left after Frizell leaving opened a door for him to figure more