Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Where are the Roosters on Crighton? Is he expected to leavexst the end of the year, making cap space and a role available for Fifita? If not, there will be some current Roosters forwards who are disappointed in 2025.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

David Fifita has chosen not to take up the extension to his contract so is now a free agent.

Signed for the Roosters on a 4 year deal worth $3.3 million.

Edited by Damien
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Signed for the Roosters on a 4 year deal worth $3.3 million.

Well that didn't take long. It's almost as though he'd made the decision in advance.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2024 at 18:18, Farmduck said:

Well that didn't take long. It's almost as though he'd made the decision in advance.

Fifita has changed his mind and signed for the Titans until 2026 after he agreed to commit to the 2 year extension option in his current contract.

5 hours ago, George Watt said:

Fifita has changed his mind and signed for the Titans until 2026 after he agreed to commit to the 2 year extension option in his current contract.

This is astonishing and I am pretty pleased to see the Roosters miss out on another.

Sensational news!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 06/05/2024 at 10:00, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I know in the past I have occasionally mistyped Dragons and yes it always came out as Dargons. The thing is I always spotted it and corrected it. When producing any design project you always carefully check every element two or three times before signing off on it. Maybe this was a rush job done in house or locally. Whatever, as well as being somewhat embarrassing it certainly got some publicity.

I wonder if the gave him a corrected shirt to keep?

Wayne Bennett agrees to $3 million deal to sort out the Rabbitohs' shambles.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wayne-bennett-agrees-to-3-million-three-year-deal-with-south-sydney-20240515-p5jdsi.html

The very shortest shrift incoming for some of Souths' prima donnas and their egos.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Kristian Woolf to take over the reins at the Dolphins I presume 

That was the deal at the outset…two years for Wayne to mentor him then the car keys passed to Woolfy.

Arthur had run his race . He had a long long tenure but theyre definitely on a downward trajecture the last couple of years . I thought the GF may push them on but its been the opposite . A new coach can now come in and rearrange the 46 water bottles in the coaches box he must sit behind

Posted (edited)

Brad Arthur took over a club in poor shape. 

On the way up from there he improved and developed the team....Clint Gutherson, Bryce Cartwright, Shaun Lane, Mitchell Moses, Junior Paulo, Dylan Brown, Maika Sivo and others all have something to thank BA for.

Perhaps Arthur's peak was the 2022 grand final, losing to the Penrith Panthers.

Unfortunately the wheels have come off and the recent losing streak has signed his fate.

Surely though there will be Parra fans who understand and approve of the decision to part ways with him, while at the same time accepting he worked tirelessly at the club, giving his all.

He's a decent hard working family man. Good luck to him in the future.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2

How much of Parra's problem was Brad Arthur and how much their general organisation? There have been very few stars of the future coming through their pathways to first grade and those that might, seem to want to depart (Talagi, Sanders). They seem to be like Wests Tigers a couple of years ago, or maybe similar to the Titans.

Only a week ago I asked on here why Brad Arthur always seemed immune from talk about coach sackings. Seems he was immune from the talk but not the actual sacking. I though a lot of the excuses were wearing thin. This week of course they were without their main half and FB but they were thumped by a team also missing their #7 and FB and missing their #6 for half the game.

The Eels see themselves as one of the "big" clubs and it was only a matter of time. Apart from the obvious Titans, Dolphins and Warriors, no-one's gone as long as Parra without a GF win and that's not acceptable for the big clubs. It's hard to imagine Easts or Storm these days twiddling their thumbs for 40 years in the hope that they might fluke a GF win sometime soon.

Full story and not a surprise tyhat the decision was made on 1st May...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-news-2024-brad-arthur-sacked-by-parramatta-eels-magic-round-loss-confirmation-replacement/news-story/71bcd76f701e8fd6718a0f5582c82bef

Since Arthur was regarded as a "players coach" with a few of them trying to tie their contracts to the Coach's tenure will we see more players depart and more importantly will we see a Zak Lomax backflip on his deal ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• 2 weeks later...

Taylan May to be dismissed by the Panthers? He has to appear in front of the board next week.

Next stop Perpignan, then East Hull to join his brother.

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Taylan May to be dismissed by the Panthers? He has to appear in front of the board next week.

Next stop Perpignan, then East Hull to join his brother.

Taylan May won’t play in the  NRL again this season. The Panthers winger pleaded not guilty to the charges he was accused of this morning. The matter has been adjourned until March 2025, May will remain under the ‘No-Fault Stand Down Policy’.

37 minutes ago, Graham said:

Taylan May won’t play in the  NRL again this season. The Panthers winger pleaded not guilty to the charges he was accused of this morning. The matter has been adjourned until March 2025, May will remain under the ‘No-Fault Stand Down Policy’.

This is supposedly separate to the court charges he faces. Alleged breaches of internal club discipline. 

• Like 1