Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Read a report saying that hot prospect Kalyn Ponga is being chased by 7 NRL clubs for when he comes off contract at the Cowboys with whom hes signed to until the end of 2017 season.

The article doesn't specifically name the 7 clubs but from what I can tell they include Cowboys, Broncos, Dragons, Bulldogs and Storm.

In your opinion is ponga the best NRL prospect at his age(U20's)??

Also has he picked Queensland and Australia over NZ??

Prop Paul Vaughan is leaving Raiders to join St George in a three year deal.

The paperwork is expected to be finalised on Monday, with the representative front-rower signing a $1.75 million, three-year, flexible deal to become the latest Raider to switch to the Red V.

I like Vaughan don't think the Raiders used him enough this year. Would love him at Saints just not that saints.

In your opinion is ponga the best NRL prospect at his age(U20's)??

Also has he picked Queensland and Australia over NZ??

From videos of him among his peers and in the couple of occasions I saw him in NRL games at the end of the season I'd say... probably.

Nathan Cleary though is also 18 and has been superb and has more opportunities and already proved himself now and as a terrific prospect.

From videos of him among his peers and in the couple of occasions I saw him in NRL games at the end of the season I'd say... probably.

Nathan Cleary though is also 18 and has been superb and has more opportunities and already proved himself now and as a terrific prospect.

They are both truly exciting talents, and I wish I'd managed to see more of them this season. Looking forward to 2017!

I'd say that, if Cleary became available, he'd have an even higher market value.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As for Aus or NZ not sure he has decided yet. Anybody know?

I reckon both want him.

I read an article in which Jonathan thurston said he(ponga) had chosen Australia but haven't seen or read anything from ponga himself about who he's chosen to represent. Personally I hope he chooses NZ as the kiwis struggle for depth in pivotal positions and can see ponga ending up in the halves. Plus the Aussies have a frightening amount of freakish youngsters coming through at the moment.

On balance I'd stick with Des and expect a tweak to the line up that gives it a big more variation of tactics and somebody to do the unexpected in the game.

For me its not the lack of variation and the unexpected, its the lack of leadership & creativity in the key positions of 7 and 9.

I don't rate Lichaa or Mbye. The Dogs need a 7 with a good kicking game and someone to lead the team around (to compliment the running game of Reynolds) and they need a 9 who will control the ruck and get the best out of their big pack.

I think they should have gone for Luke Walsh when he decided to head back to the NRL and also Segeyaro

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I hope Kevin Proctor stays with Storm, he's had a great season.. or two/three...

Top class player!

Sadly it looks like he is off to Titans having had an offer he's finding difficult to refuse.

Proctor, a graduate of the Coast’s famous Palm Beach Currumbin High nursery, is understood to be weighing up a three-year deal worth up to $1.6 million

Bunnies are splashing the cash:

RABBITOHS

Ins for 2017: Tyrell Fuimaono (Eels), Robert Jennings (Panthers), Braidon Burns (Panthers), Connor Tracey (Sharks), Robbie Rochow (Knights), Robbie Farah (Tigers), Luke Kelly (Eels).

Outs: Luke Keary (Roosters), Joe Burgess (Wigan), Nathan Brown (Eels), Cameron McInnes (Dragons), Michael Oldfield (Panthers)

New contracts in 2016: Dane Nielsen (until end of 2017), Jack Gosiewski (until end of 2017), Brett Grienke (until end of 2017), Cody Walker (until end of 2019), Hymel Hunt (until end of 2018), Adam Reynolds (until the end of 2021), Greg Inglis (until end of 2020).

Future to be decided: Brock Gray, Ed Murphy, Zane Musgrove, Riley Travers, Cheyne Whitelaw, Tautalatasi Tasi

2017 coach: Michael Maguire

Wests Tigers will pay $750,000 of Farah’s salary this season, with the Bunnies to kick in another $200K.

I hope Kevin Proctor stays with Storm, he's had a great season.. or two/three...

Top class player!

Sadly it looks like he is off to Titans having had an offer he's finding difficult to refuse.

Interesting, a team bailed out by the NRL throwing money at Hayne and now Proctor.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

For me its not the lack of variation and the unexpected, its the lack of leadership & creativity in the key positions of 7 and 9.

I don't rate Lichaa or Mbye. The Dogs need a 7 with a good kicking game and someone to lead the team around (to compliment the running game of Reynolds) and they need a 9 who will control the ruck and get the best out of their big pack.

I think they should have gone for Luke Walsh when he decided to head back to the NRL and also Segeyaro

Bulldogs should go all out for Luke Brooks at wests & if they miss out on him should sign Liam Colman who sadly seems to be on the outer at Souths but is a genuine halfback.

Interesting, a team bailed out by the NRL throwing money at Hayne and now Proctor.

Exactly right it's a joke.

Bunnies are splashing the cash:

RABBITOHS

Ins for 2017: Tyrell Fuimaono (Eels), Robert Jennings (Panthers), Braidon Burns (Panthers), Connor Tracey (Sharks), Robbie Rochow (Knights), Robbie Farah (Tigers), Luke Kelly (Eels).

Outs: Luke Keary (Roosters), Joe Burgess (Wigan), Nathan Brown (Eels), Cameron McInnes (Dragons), Michael Oldfield (Panthers)

New contracts in 2016: Dane Nielsen (until end of 2017), Jack Gosiewski (until end of 2017), Brett Grienke (until end of 2017), Cody Walker (until end of 2019), Hymel Hunt (until end of 2018), Adam Reynolds (until the end of 2021), Greg Inglis (until end of 2020).

Future to be decided: Brock Gray, Ed Murphy, Zane Musgrove, Riley Travers, Cheyne Whitelaw, Tautalatasi Tasi

2017 coach: Michael Maguire

Wests Tigers will pay $750,000 of Farah’s salary this season, with the Bunnies to kick in another $200K.

Is Brett Grienke any relation to Gary.

Is Brett Grienke any relation to Gary.

Son of Gary, I think.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hooker Mitch Rein has been thrown an NRL lifeline with Penrith set to sign the St George Illawarra discard to a one-year deal.

It’s believed the Panthers are days away from adding Rein to their already impressive roster as cover for incumbent dummy half Peter Wallace and young halfback Nathan Cleary.

A heart-to-heart with master coach Wayne Bennett has delivered Benji Marshall his wish of an NRL lifeline, with the veteran playmaker signing a one-year NRL deal with Brisbane.

Marshall’s manager Mario Tartak confirmed to AAP on Friday that he had inked the deal which will reunite him with Bennett.

Bennett’s relationship with Marshall – from coaching him in New Zealand’s 2008 World Cup win and the NRL All Stars – played a big part in getting the deal over the line.

“(Bennett) is someone that Benji looks up to,” Tartak said.

“He placed a lot of calls to him during the year. They had a heart-to-heart. They talk a lot, just for advice. And he just said he wasn’t ready to retire.”

Brisbane are well stocked for halves with Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford at Red Hill, leading some to question why they would sign Marshall.

Hunt has been linked to Parramatta however Bennett this week guaranteed the future of both of his star halves.

I like these vague statements. 

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-market-watch-cowboys-forward-resigns-eels-sign-exciting-back-panther-eyes-extension/news-story/dde1a1856bfda6daf8331284b4451c01

SHHHHH I

Which club is prepared to let one of their stars walk away due to an overbearing father causing dramas at the club?

Normally you would think Hopoate but maybe Hastings. I know the Chooks are trying hard to punt Jackson Hastings.

SHHHHH II

Which club is desperately trying to move a backrower on but is having great difficulty thanks to his almost $400,000 price tag which no club is willing to touch?

Well now that the Dogs have offloaded T Rex, I don't know who this would be.

Edited by Farmduck

SHHHHH II

Which club is desperately trying to move a backrower on but is having great difficulty thanks to his almost $400,000 price tag which no club is willing to touch?

Well now that the Dogs have offloaded T Rex, I don't know who this would be.

It just dawned on me - Curtis Sironen.