Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

I think that's a fair summery of the situation unfortunately.

I'm very much anti mergers because they just do not work but it's hard to disagree that massive change is needed in English RL to start bridging the gap.

It you think it's as simple as he is making out then you are mental.

The 2 sports are in 2 completely different economic environments hence why one is doing much better than the other.

SL has an absolutely juggernaut in football trading in the same country. Have you seen how many people have season tickets? The scale of it dwarfs anything in Australia.

The NRL are fortunate they don't have much competition apart from Aussie Rules, RU and soccer but even if you add all 3 of them together they don't come close to how many people attend a football game in the UK on a Saturday.

SL has lots to work on. But if you think that the reason the NRL is doing much better than SL because of the league structure then you are absolutely mental. There is a 1000 reasons which go into it and you can't just use one as your argument.

The 2 sports are in 2 completely different economic environments hence why one is doing much better than the other.

SL has an absolutely juggernaut in football trading in the same country. Have you seen how many people have season tickets? The scale of it dwarfs anything in Australia.

The NRL are fortunate they don't have much competition apart from Aussie Rules, RU and soccer but even if you add all 3 of them together they don't come close to how many people attend a football game in the UK on a Saturday.

SL has lots to work on. But if you think that the reason the NRL is doing much better than SL because of the league structure then you are absolutely mental. There is a 1000 reasons which go into it and you can't just use one as your argument.

"you are mental"

"you are absolutely mental"   wow merry Christmas to you to :santaclaus: .

I think it's not so hard to better the sport, restrict the overseas player cap, bring back licencing,

RFL take ownership of clubs if it's in the best interest of the game as the NRL do (London & Bradford) & increase the salary cap.

If clubs cannot meet these standards then the championship is probably the right level for them to be at other wise just admit it's all to hard and shut up shop. 

*yawn*

Can we keep these tired old 100 year excuses in the English forum please?

RL faces challenges in England but ultimately SL is the master of its own destiny. It chooses to be parochial and dysfunctional. And be honest, you rather like it that way.

*yawn*

Can we keep these tired old 100 year excuses in the English forum please?

RL faces challenges in England but ultimately SL is the master of its own destiny. It chooses to be parochial and dysfunctional. And be honest, you rather like it that way.

You aren't even worth debating with.

To go into why NRL is ahead of SL is a very layered debate. There is a 1000 reasons why and you can't just blame it on one thing.

I love watching both competitions. I can watch all forms of RL without a chip on my shoulder. Which probably makes me more fortunate than you.

Back on thread - who are people thinking are going to win next year based on recruitment so far? I personally think the Panthers will be up there, Tamou will be a real asset for then and they have some exciting young players who will of benefited with another season under their belts.

I think Cronulla will drop off a lot this year. They've lost a lot of experience in the off season which I think won them a lot of games last year.

You aren't even worth debating with.

To go into why NRL is ahead of SL is a very layered debate. There is a 1000 reasons why and you can't just blame it on one thing.

I love watching both competitions. I can watch all forms of RL without a chip on my shoulder. Which probably makes me more fortunate than you.

Err....you're the one who crossed forums to defend SL. Yet I have a chip on my shoulder! Priceless.

We all pays our money and takes our choice. I choose NRL. You choose to make lame excuses on behalf of a structure that has spent the last 20 years stubbornly refusing to modernise and thus writing its own suicide note. Good luck to you.

Err....you're the one who crossed forums to defend SL. Yet I have a chip on my shoulder! Priceless.

We all pays our money and takes our choice. I choose NRL. You choose to make lame excuses on behalf of a structure that has spent the last 20 years stubbornly refusing to modernise and thus writing its own suicide note. Good luck to you.

I've been posting and reading this forum for years.

Cheers for that I'll take note.

The NRL has ended its investigation into Andrew Fifita.
He has been issued with a breach notice relating to his on-field support for a convicted criminal..
He met with the Integrity Unit on Tuesday following the receipt of information from NSW police last week.
Fifita has five days to respond.

The shoe's on the other foot so to speak with Bryce Cartright.
Panthers are the club making this statement:

Panthers Group CEO Brian Fletcher has released the following statement regarding Bryce Cartwright:
“The club has been monitoring the behaviour of Bryce Cartwright's ex-girlfriend for some time.
“The situation escalated over the weekend with serious threats being directed towards Bryce and those close to him via social media platforms.
“As a result, this is now a NSW Police matter. We are most appreciative of the swift response by NSW Police to this situation. 
“The priority of Panthers is to ensure the protection, safety and wellbeing of Bryce, his partner and his family. We are affording Bryce all the support we can during this difficult time.
“The club will be making no further comment until NSW Police have concluded their investigations.”

St George Illawarra Dragons have been dealt a blow for 2017 after promising halfback Drew Hutchison suffered a knee injury that will sideline him for much of the season.

Hutchison had been widely tipped to take over from Benji Marshall as Gareth Widdop’s halves partner but now faces a long road back after tearing his ACL at training on Thursday.

“Unfvortunately, Drew has ruptured his ACL during training on Thursday that will see him require surgery,” said Dragons Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth.

“There are a lot of upset faces among the playing group and football staff as a result and we are all shattered for him.

“Drew had undertaken a simple ball-work drill and there was a collision among some of the players involved and unfortunately his foot got caught in the ground.

Anthony Tupou has been reported to be homesick recently. He's been on a two year contract at Wakey.

It's been announced today that Wildcats have granted him an immediate release so he can return home.

So the contract has been cancelled - mutually agreed.

Didn't work out then.

Reasonable approach by Wakefield

Anthony Tupou has been reported to be homesick recently. He's been on a two year contract at Wakey.

It's been announced today that Wildcats have granted him an immediate release so he can return home.

So the contract has been cancelled - mutually agreed.

Didn't work out then.

Reasonable approach by Wakefield

So Cronulla or St Merge or is it Manly have offered him more money to get homesick and return to Australia.

So Cronulla or St Merge or is it Manly have offered him more money to get homesick and return to Australia.

It's funny how people can get 'home sick' to be offered more money at home.

Think we will get a season or 2 of Aussies/Kiwis being homesick because of the cap increase between NRL and SL.

It's funny how people can get 'home sick' to be offered more money at home.

Think we will get a season or 2 of Aussies/Kiwis being homesick because of the cap increase between NRL and SL.

At age 33 I doubt Tupou would have received a lot of offers.

At age 33 I doubt Tupou would have received a lot of offers.

Tigers mite roll the dice.

RIP Chad Robinson

The body of missing former NRL player Chad Robinson has been found in a car in Sydney's north-west.

Electricity workers found the car near the intersection of Marieba and Porters Roads in Kenthurst about 12.30pm today.

The footballer's family has confirmed the body is that of 36-year-old Robinson, who had been missing for almost a month.

"It's with a heavy heavy heart that we can confirm that Chad's body has been found this afternoon," a post on the Let's Find Chad Facebook page read. 

"There are no words for our whole family's loss and especially his two beautiful kids.

"Brother you were the world to all of us, I can't imagine life without you, but you are free, fly high my beautiful brother."

Robinson was last seen at his Kellyville home on November 26.

He played 159 NRL matches for Parramatta and Sydney Roosters between 2000 and 2008.

New South Wales police said there are "no apparent suspicious circumstances" surrounding his death, however a post-mortem will be carried out to determine the official cause.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/12/22/16/57/body-believed-to-be-that-of-former-nrl-player-chad-robinson-found-in#9J8ACSJdgp3tO753.99[/size]