Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Wests Tigers:

Luke Brooks is undergoing treatment on the hamstring and will be unavailable for selection for this week’s game against the St George Illawarra Dragons at ANZ Stadium.

Joel Edwards suffered a head injury at the end of the first half and did not return to the field. Edwards will continue to undergo the NRL prescribed head injury assessments throughout the week and will be available for selection for Round 5

Storm fullback Billy Slater has thought about next year, but for now, he just wants to play.

The 33-year-old off-contract superstar is careful not to take football for granted after missing the best part of two NRL premiership seasons with injury.

“I’d be lying if (I said) you don’t think about it every now and again… but, (after last two seasons) I think about things weekly now and just really enjoy what I’ve got,” Slater told the Herald Sun.

“If I start thinking about next year it will all be done before I know it.”

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, Graham said:

The New Zealand Warriors informed veteran second-rower Ryan Hoffman that he is not a required player in 2018.

Speculation that Knights may offer him a contract.

He'll end up back at Wigan next year with John Bateman heading the other way to the NRL.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Off-contract St George Illawarra star Gareth Widdop is set to test himself on the open market, according to Channel Seven.

Seven reports the Dragons and Widdop will ramp up contract talks this week, with the England international open to playing fullback as well as five-eighth.

“I’ve just got to make sure I’m playing good football and the contract side of things will take care of itself,” Widdop told media on Wednesday.

Experienced prop Ben Matulino could be set to leave the Warriors, according to NRL 360 host Paul Kent.

Matulino, who is currently sidelined with a knee injury, is one of a number of off-contract forwards at the club including Jacob Lillyman, Charlie Gubb, Ryan Hoffman, Bodene Thompson and Albert Vete.

With star half Shaun Johnson set for a new deal, Kieran Foran off contract and the impending arrival of Tohu Harris next season, the Warriors have some big roster decisions to make.

Storm captain Cameron Smith is set to become the most successful player in NRL history.

Smith, 33, is locked on 237 career wins alongside Brisbane legend Darren Lockyer before Saturday night’s game against Penrith.

A Storm victory at AAMI Park would see Smith surpass Lockyer, and teammate Cooper Cronk (213) would eclipse Canterbury great Terry Lamb for third overall.

Smith, who earlier this season became the first forward in league history to score 2000 career first-grade points, and Cronk have played in 190 wins together.

Fullback Billy Slater needs five more wins to become the sixth NRL player to notch 200 wins.

Dragons have continued their impressive start to 2017 but could be without star fullback Josh Dugan for a few weeks after he left the field today with a hamstring injury.

Dugan was forced to leave the field in the 60th minute of the Dragons win over the Wests Tigers after clutching at his hamstring.

Dylan Napa is injured and likely to be out for a month or so with a Cindy Moses - no not really - he has one of these:

A syndesmosis is a slightly movable fibrous joint in which bones such as the tibia and fibula are joined together by connective tissue. Examples include the distal tibiofibular joint as well as the radioulnar joint. Injuries to the ankle syndesmosis are commonly known as a "high ankle sprain".

23 hours ago, Graham said:

Dylan Napa is injured and likely to be out for a month or so with a Cindy Moses - no not really - he has one of these:

I remember thinking at the time what an absolutely textbook tackle. Got his shoulder square on to Napa's thigh and stopped him dead in his tracks. At first it just looked like a dead leg but to damage the ankle must have had some real power in the hit.

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Mitchell Moses has knocked back a $3 million three-year offer to remain at Wests Tigers and is asking for an immediate release to switch to the Parramatta Eels.

Two days after new coach Ivan Cleary told the Tigers players they needed to make a decision about whether they wanted to be on the team bus or not, the club is now faced with a tough decision.

Moses is set to switch to the Eels next season.

Club boss Justin Pascoe has denied the request for an immediate release.

Not much happening this week is there?!?!

• Matt Moylan, Peta Hiku and Waqa Blake all dropped for breach of protocol
  • Tyrone Peachey cracks a rib
  • Granville fractures his leg
  • Cooper Cronk leaves Melbourne at the end of the year, either to a Sydney club or retirement
  • Mitchell Moses rejects Wests and wants immediate release to Parra
  • Luke Brooks apparently signs extension with Wests
  • Ivan Cleary confirmed as new Wests coach
  • Des Hasler extends contract with Bulldogs
  • Supercoach goes cheapie crazy with three huge money makers and only two transfers to make (assuming you didn't go early on any of Ponga, Gela-Mosby or Harawira-Naera!)

Any more?

• Like 1

Albert Kelly has flown home from Hull on compassionate leave. That's about all we know.

Asked by the club to respect his privacy........

Hull FC fans may be worried until they see him back in Hull having resolved his personal reasons for leaving.

SL clubs have not been served well by some high profile players from Down Under who have got homesick or maybe had an NRL offer they'd prefer.

Hope it isn't that sort of thing.

The former chief executive of the Parramatta NRL club has reportedly been charged with fraud by NSW police over his role in the side’s salary cap scandal.

Fairfax Media says Scott Seward is now due to appear at Downing Centre Local Court on May 19.

“We are focusing on the suspected use of false invoices to disguise payments to players,” said Detective Chief Inspector Matt Craft.

“It doesn’t appear to have been an isolated incident or the actions of just one individual.

“This is the second person we have charged and we anticipate more in the not too distant future.”

Former football manager Jason Irvine is the other person charged, also with fraud offences over the use of false invoices.

As a result of the salary cap scandal, the Eels were stripped of 12 competition points during the 2016 season, given a $750,000 fine and the leagues club board were sacked.

Captain Moylan?

It was thought he might give up the captain's armband after his Melbourne misdemeanour, but in Round 7 news...

Matt Moylan has regained the Penrith captaincy and is keen to help his club kickstart their premiership campaign.

Moylan was named at fullback for the Pepper Stadium Sunday afternoon showdown against Cronulla after being stood down from last Friday’s 21-20 loss against South Sydney because of a booze breach.

Waqa Blake and Peta Hiku were also stood down for the late night in Melbourne, but reinstated to the 21-man squad to play against the Sharks.

James Segeyaro out for at least 6 weeks with a broken arm injury suffered during the Grand Final rematch (never get tired of this one ;)). He had surgery this tuesday.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Initially I thought he had broken his pinky when he grounded the ball.

On a serious note, it appears he re-injured his arm on the first tackle he made. He then carried on for nearly 25 minutes. These guys are amazing.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Players will risk being sent to the sin bin if they slap an opponent from this weekend. 

The NRL Competition Committee said on Wednesday the recent trend of players slapping others, following the banning of the punch, was a poor look for the game.

As a result, referees will be encouraged to use the sin bin for open-handed slaps to the face.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Chris McQueen has signed for WestsTigers for three years. it's reported he will get $400,000 a season.

As seems to be the way in the NRL with these pre-arranged deals that are announced, McQueen will stay playing with Titans for the rest of this season before changing clubs

Just as well with their injury list.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Jack Bird off to the Broncos on a 4-year contract starting 2018 worth about $4 millions.

Supposedly, Bennett wants to pair him with Milford in the halves. I have a bad feeling about this. Bird is either a center or a lock.

Edited by Vichyssoise

* Subject to change