Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

9 hours ago, Graham said:

Maybe that explains SKD's onfield muck ups every so often... or is that just down to natural ability? ?

Judging by the ANZAC test, he has bequeathed his handling skills to his Kiwi team-mates. Such a generous guy...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Johnathan Thurston has picked up a shoulder injury during Friday night’s Anzac Test, with varying reports coming to light about the seriousness as he went for a scan on Saturday.

There was no obvious moment during the game when Thurston picked up the injury, and he didn’t complain of any shoulder sourness during a post-match interview, but it’s been confirmed an injury has been sustained on Saturday morning.

While no official statement has yet been put out by his club or the Kangaroos, the Cowboys tweeted from their official account that Thurston has had scans for a shoulder injury, the results of which will be known on Monday.

RUGBY’S NSW Waratahs have emerged as a surprise option for Cooper Cronk as six NRL clubs, including Newcastle, circle the Queensland Origin ace.

Cronk’s impending move to Sydney next season has sparked speculation the Storm playmaker could go back to the future by testing his skill set in the 15-a-side code at the Waratahs.

Rumours of a Cronk code defection gathered momentum last weekend in the wake of the Waratahs’ 40-33 loss to the Auckland Blues in Sydney.

Blues players are convinced Cronk is being targeted by the Waratahs.

The whispers reached the ears of Auckland coach Tana Umaga, a 74-Test All Blacks legend who has told rugby identities the Waratahs are keen to sign Cronk.

Personally I think he's be better staying in NRL where there's a fit straight away and he'd be staying in the game where his future could lie in either coaching etc or media work.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

From NRL.com

Warriors lock Simon Mannering will miss his side's Round 10 trip to Pepper Stadium to face the Panthers, ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Mannering will be replaced in the starting side by Ben Matulino, with the Warriors granted an exemption by the NRL to add Albert Vete to their 21-man squad.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Kieran Foran’s return to Sydney to link with the Bulldogs will not signal the end of the strict conditions that were written into his contract when he signed with the Warriors after a 2016 season blighted by off-field issues.

Foran is currently banned from making contact with notorious punter Eddie Hayson and is not allowed to use other people’s betting accounts. According to the report, the NRL will insist Foran continues to keep his distance from Hayson once back in the Harbour City and his gambling will be strictly governed.

59198d02a6eab_JamesGraham.jpg.ac9b24c9913a6e1f9cf969c4fa8ded03.jpg

James Graham, Bulldogs

Wiil he stay or will he go?

All recent speculation has been that such is likely to be the pressure on Doggies' salary cap next season that James Graham was the likely top player to be sacrificed at the end of this season.

This may still be the case, but it's not the way James Graham himself sees it:

Canterbury captain James Graham says he has been assured by coach Des Hasler he is part of the NRL club's plans for 2018.The English forward is signed with the Bulldogs until the end of next year, but the signing of prop Aaron Woods has prompted reports Graham could be squeezed out of the club.

The Bulldogs are facing mounting salary cap pressure for next season.

They have also landed Kiwi five-eighth Kieran Foran, while Graham's front-row starting partner Aiden Tolman is signed on until the end of 2020.

The pair have been separately been linked to Newcastle, but Graham said he had been assured by the club he would remain a Bulldog in 2018.

"I've been speaking to Des and the powers that be," Graham told AAP.

"The way I've interpreted it and what's been suggested to me is that I'm going to be here next year. I'm really happy to be a part of Des' plans."

Graham has been at the front and centre of the Bulldogs' speculation this year.

So will he stay or will he go?

Edited by Graham

591ac0fcbe24f_MMosesCampbelltownStadium.JPG.779fa9cf24117e9473ab53d4860be616.JPG591ac2969f791_MMosesCampbelltownStadium2.jpg.79c9281506ecf2dfbd51ad35163cf3fe.jpg

Mitchell Moses has signed for Eels as of, well, now!

Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club Pty Limited has signed Wests Tigers five-eighth Mitchell Moses until the end of the 2019 season effective immediately.

A talented playmaker and notable goal-kicker, Moses is a Parramatta Junior and made his NRL debut as a fullback in 2014 before transitioning to the five-eighth position in 2015. At 22 years of age, Moses has played 67 NRL games.

“It’s good to be welcoming back one of our junior players. Mitchell is a quality player and I believe he will be a good acquisition to our squad for 2017 onwards,” said Head Coach Brad Arthur.

A former Australian schoolboy representative, Moses made his representative debut in 2016 with the Prime Minister's XIII against Papua New Guinea and was awarded Tigers Player of the Year at the conclusion of the 2016 season.

Moses will be in the Eels side this weekend in Round 11. He'll be wearing the No.7 jersey.Corey Norman will be at 6 when he returns from injury (maybe R14)

Edited by Graham

:offtopic:... by the way ... Rangi Chase has been moved out of Cas Tigers on loan to Widnes Vikings. Who's most desperate, Cas to get rid or Widnes to take him?

He just goes to prove that being good at footy isn't enough. A bloke need to have standards and self control. Plus he shouldn't be a dirty so and so.

Saw today on Storm's Facebook page that Sisa Waqa has returned from France and RU recovering from a broken jaw. He is training with Storm. melbourne will be watching his progress as he gets back to fitness and will decide if the want to sign him again.

Edited by Graham

Former Parramatta Eels chief executive Scott Seward has pleaded guilty to fraud charges in a Sydney court.

Seward was charged with fraud and making a false statement with intent to commit fraud, relating to the club's breach of the NRL's salary cap.

Josh Dugan is now officially a member of the Cronulla Sharks starting 2018 for 4 years. Salary appears to be $750K/year.

The tattoo per player ratio has suddenly gone up tenfold. I don't think he has an inch of clean skin left on his body.

I have mixed feelings about this. Dugan is a ball hog (but so is Jack Bird) who's injury-prone. He's like the bad guy in that old Unbreakable movie with Bruce Willis. As a result, it can be slightly amusing when he goes down with various injuries one would never expect, but only because he's playing for other clubs.

Hopefully he'll be healthy at least 50% of the time.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

If it is $750k a year... well that's just too high a price to pay, surely?

He doesn't like being in the centres where he hasn't looked good.

Fullback is his best position, but where would you rate him, below Slater, Boyd,  Tedesco, Moylan, or in there somewhere?

Not one of my favourites, but accept he's a dangerous player any opposition would be daft not to take very seriously.

5920597221530_SSu.jpg.359d8304d37a33358021ef31d370062b.jpg

Wests Tigers forward Sauaso Sue is facing a two-match suspension for a careless high tackle in his side's loss to the Broncos on Friday night. 

Sue was slapped with a grade 2 careless high tackle by the NRL match review committee for his challenge on Broncos five-eighth Anthony Milford. 

The Samoan forward would miss just one match with an early guilty plea, but would risk being banned for two matches if he fight the charge at the NRL judiciary and loses.