Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

South Sydney have appointed assistant Anthony Seibold as head coach, stepping down from his role with the Maroons to take the reins at Redfern for the next two years.

Seibold joined the Rabbitohs at the start of the 2017 campaign and in addition to his position with the Queensland State of Origin side has previously been an assistant at the Sea Eagles and Storm.

http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-name-seibold-as-head-coach/tabid/10874/newsid/111876/default.aspx

ABC continues a long proud tradition of having their sport written by people who don't like sport and have little or no interest in it - except for Womens sports and cricket.

Mal_Rugby.JPG.c15f3af8aef6014380f1afcdf5d8295c.JPG

I sent them an email pointing it out so they might have changed it by now.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-06/rugby-world-cup-mural-unveiled-in-darwin/8874864?section=sport

Gerard Beale (Cronulla) is moving across the Tasman. He'll play for the Warriors for the next 3 years.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Players still uncontracted for next year:

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Joe Boyce, Darius Boyd, Mitchell Dodds, Mitch Cronin, Salesi Funaki, Marion Seve, Travis Waddell

CANBERRA RAIDERS

Eddie Aiono, Lachlan Croker

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS

Craig Garvey, Michael Lichaa, Tyrone Phillips, Chase Stanley

CRONULLA SHARKS

Chris Heighington, Jeremy Latimore, Joseph Paulo, Sam Tagataese, Tony Williams

GOLD COAST TITANS

Eddy Pettybourne, Tyrone Roberts, Ryan Simpkins, William Zillman

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Billy Bainbridge, Jorge Taufua

MELBOURNE STORM

Slade Griffin, Jeremy Hawkins, Mark Nicholls, Billy Slater, Shem Tatupu,

WARRIORS

Matthew Allwood, Ryan Hoffman, Jacob Lillyman, Ofahiki Ogden, Bodene Thompson

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

David Bhana, Brendan Elliot, Jaelen Feeney, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Jacob Gagan, Peter Mata’utia, Pauli Pauli, Will Pearsall, Josh Starling, Jack Stockwell, Luke Yates

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

Patrick Kaufusi, Kyle Laybutt, Gideon Gela-Mosby, Ben Spina

PARRAMATTA EELS

John Folau, David Gower, George Jennings, Cody Nelson, Frank Pritchard, Scott Schulte, Honeti Tuha, Matthew Woods

PENRITH PANTHERS

Darren Nicholls

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

Anthony Cherrington, Brad Deitz, Damon Goolagong, Jack Gosiewski, Brett Greinke, Luke Kelly, Toby Rudolf, John Sutton, David Tyrrell

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Levi Dodd, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Yaw Kiti Glymin, Siliva Havili, Jacob Hind, Drew Hutchison, Jake Marketo, Will Matthews

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

#### Afu, Brenden Santi, Chris Smith, Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck

WESTS TIGERS

Joel Edwards, Watson Heleta, Jamal Idris, Jack Littlejohn, Wesley Lolo, Kyle Lovett, Bayley Sironen

Some of these players will get low-price deals as injury cover. Some have only just graduated from the 20s so they should get cheap 1-year incentive deals to see if they can make the jump to NRL. Some were on 1-year, "return from absence" deals like Idris and Cherrington and probably haven't produced enough to secure anything above minimum-wage deals. Some - Slater, Lachlan Fitzgibbon - will be retained but just haven't sorted out the paperwork yet.

Edited by Farmduck

Congratulations to Cam Smith on breaking the games played record, He's right up there with the best I've ever seen and deserves everything that comes his way.

• Like 1

59b6465c5eecf_Gerardbeale.jpg.7dc82ab4aedf25fccad00ebf30ca4070.jpg

With the contract signed, the Warriors have confirmed Kiwi and Cronulla utility Gerard Beale will join the club on a three-year deal from next season.

The 27-year-old 2016 NRL premiership winner is the club’s third new signing after back rowers Tohu Harris (Melbourne) and Leivaha Pulu (Gold Coast) were secured earlier in the year.

Edited by Graham

59b645399db80_Toddcarney.jpg.29ea7c13fd9e1c3e42db327f9eac759d.jpg

Todd Carney really wants to play NRL again

TODD Carney believes he can still cut it in the NRL - and is pleading for a chance to go out on his own terms.

The former bad boy was banished from Australian football in 2014 after several unsavoury incidents.

Now older and wiser at 31, Carney is close to being cleared by the NRL to return to the game and is pleading for a club to take a punt on him.

"I’ll trial for a contract - I’m ready to do whatever it takes," says the former Dally M Medalist.

"I’ve been playing in England and France for the past few years but want to finish (my career) at home.

"My body is good and all I’m after is an opportunity."

Carney is currently with English club Salford but has been keeping a close eye on the NRL.

"I miss home and would love one more shot at the NRL," he says.

"I’ll work my butt off.

"I want to finish on my terms.

"On grand final day, all the retiring players will be presented to the crowd.

"That sort of thing burns in my stomach - that is the sort of send off I am after.

"I played in the NRL for over 10 years but if I get just one game next year and get to go out on the right note, I’ll be happy."

Edited by Graham

On 9/9/2017 at 0:53 PM, Farmduck said:

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

#### Afu,

Wow... The filter hated it. What's his name? Cr_@p? Sh!t?

Edited by Vichyssoise

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Todd Carney "My body is good and all I’m after is an opportunity."

He's disguised his level of fitness brilliantly during his years North of the Equator, then...

• Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 9/11/2017 at 6:44 PM, Vichyssoise said:

Wow... The filter hated it. What's his name? Cr_@p? Sh!t?

Pakisonasi, usually shortened to its first 4 letters, which aren't even used as a slur in OZ or NZ.

Actually I recall using the shortened version eons ago on a Myspace forum and an English poster was the only one who thought it was problematic. Everyone else saw it as a neutral abbreviation, like Aussie.

Edited by Farmduck

That filter is a bit precious. Goes with the times, I suppose.

* Subject to change

It's their own damn fault for choosing that name for their country. If Kazakhstan is the land of the Kazakhs and Uzbekistan is the land of the Uzbeks then shouldn't Pakistan be the home of the P..........

On your point chaps, the term you refer to is considered a racial slur in the UK and, also I'm led to believe, in Canada. As such the auto censor will pick it up. Here it was linked with vicious and sustained campaigns of racist attacks (physical and verbal), especially in the 1970s.

A general point of interest on the naming of the country and why it can be considered different from some other -istans:

Pakistan - 

"Unlike other -stan-countries, where the first part of the name typically refers to the indigenous people (e.g. the Tajiks of Tajikistan, Turkmens of Turkmenistan, Afghans of Afghanistan), the name of Pakistan was coined by the Cambridge University's political science student and Muslim nationalist Rahmat Ali, and was published on 28 January 1933 in the pamphlet Now or Never. After coining the name of the nation-state, Ali noticed that there is an acronym formed from the names of the "homelands" of Muslims in northwest India:

"P" for Punjab

"A" for Afghania (now known as Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)

"K" for Kashmir

"S" for Sindh

"Tan" for Balochistan (thus forming "Pakstan")"

As this is the situation which does have an unpleasant history here I hope you can understand why it is not allowed on the forum.

01A9D4B2-F80A-480A-845A-1CA5914D21C2-207-0000002DED24818B.thumb.jpeg.63a426b681e6c6c4130512a116b5a79d.jpeg

Ikram in his Featherstone Rovers days

Ikram Butt a crowd favourite at Featherstone during his time as a player for us brought out his autobiography "Tries and Prejudice" after he retired from the game. He's an inspiring and likeable bloke.

Article giving background when Ikram brought his book out.

Edited by Graham

On a completely unrelated topic, has anyone else had trouble getting onto this forum over the last couple of days? Here's the screen I got:

109.thumb.JPG.bceb0c2dbf7dabea191dbd1521645e49.JPG

It wouldn't even let me view the site to check if the Farmduck on here showed as Banned.

That would be extraordinary! Without a warning?

Precious times indeed.

Never seen that screen Farmduck... And I've had a few issues with the access to this website for the past year or so.

* Subject to change

11 hours ago, Graham said:

No, I've never seen that before.

Do you think it is related to the above?

I doubt it. If I write words like @@@@ and $$$$$ it just deletes them.  it doesn't give warnings. I have zero warning points so I assumed there would be some MSG auto-generated with a ban or warning.

Edited by Farmduck

woods_1.jpg.f1dbc29728ccbcfd986b13b1683cad6f.jpg

Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga had no hesitations naming Aaron Woods as skipper of the Prime Minister's XIII side after the Wests Tigers prop answered a personal challenge of his during last year's Four Nations tour. 

Meninga asked the then 25-year-old to take his game to new heights on the UK tour, something Woods did with aplomb as he averaged more than 150 metres per game as Australia romped to a comfortable tournament victory. 

It's been a difficult year for Woods on and off the field with the Tigers finishing the regular season in 14th spot on the ladder after they had to deal with contract dramas, injuries and the loss of their coach after just three rounds. 

Despite the distractions, the Bulldogs-bound front-rower averaged 162.7 metres and 28.1 tackles per game and dished out 45 offloads in his final season in black and gold, but it was his actions on last year's tour that really impressed Meninga. 

Brisbane_Bombers.png.6349a28b0681dc7c2702f4fc4a54d757.png

Brisbane Bombers have entered the race for the Titans’ licence armed with a $10 million bid to stave off the North Sydney Bears and keep the club on the Gold Coast.

The Courier Mail can reveal a Bombers consortium has begun due diligence into the Titans after contacting the NRL to formally express interest in buying the financially-stricken club.

The NRL last week officially placed the Titans up for sale, prompting Rebecca Frizelle to resign as club chair as she ramps up plans to purchase the club with former co-owner Darryl Kelly.

Frizelle and Kelly are red-hot favourites to clinch the Titans licence, while North Sydney represent a threat with a $7m bid aimed at reviving the famous Bears as an NRL identity.

But the Brisbane consortium has the financial muscle to blow rival bids out of the water.

The Bombers launched in 2011 with a view to becoming Brisbane’s second team to rival the Broncos, but with the NRL putting expansion on the backburner, they are keen to rescue the Gold Coast.