Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Is Mundine his agent or just a freeloader ?

Just "advising" him, I think. If he turns Muslim and takes up boxing, we'll know the Mundine influence is strong.

• Haha 1

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Sezer to Huddersfield

Brodie Croft will join the Brisbane Broncos on a three-year deal after earlier being released by the Melbourne Storm.

Croft will join the Broncos effective immediately until the end of the 2022 NRL season.

“We are bringing Brodie home to Queensland and giving him the opportunity to represent our club and the club he grew up supporting,” said Broncos’ head coach Anthony Seibold on the club website.

Storm in announcing his departure and that of others say these moves make them Salary Cap Compliant for the new season. Curtis Scott being released was the other player helping this compliance.

Edited by Graham

Chad Townsend has re-signed with the Cronulla Sharks in a deal that will see the star halfback remain at the club until at least the end of 2023.

Townsend, 28, was out of contract at the end of the season, but has opted to re-sign with the Sharks for a further three years which has given him the opportunity to finish his career at the club where he started his NRL career.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... B Croft; Chad Townsend;

The Sydney Roosters have announced that forward Siosiua Taukeiaho has signed a two-year extension with the club that will see him remain at the Roosters until at least the end of 2022.

“I love this club and it’s a big honour to be part of the team here at the Roosters,” Taukeiaho told the club’s website.

“Robbo and the coaches have done a lot for me, and with all the staff, we’re like one big family so I’m very happy to extend my time here.”

Roosters Head Coach Trent Robinson was pleased to have Taukeiaho remain at the club and apart of their plans moving forward.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... B Croft; Chad Townsend; Tauk
  • Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... B Croft; Chad Townsend; Tauk; Papenhuyzen

Vunivalu is joining the dark side and Queensland Reds from the end of the 2020 NRL season. So he won’t play for Fiji in the World Cup in 21. Surprised and sorry to see him go. It sounds like he’s gone for the money which is odd when I thought Union was in a financial hole in Australia. I’m sure he’ll be easily replaced by Melbourne but still would rather he stayed in the game

9 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Vunivalu is joining the dark side and Queensland Reds from the end of the 2020 NRL season. So he won’t play for Fiji in the World Cup in 21. Surprised and sorry to see him go. It sounds like he’s gone for the money which is odd when I thought Union was in a financial hole in Australia. I’m sure he’ll be easily replaced by Melbourne but still would rather he stayed in the game

A Storm posting reassured us that Vuni was staying for the 2020 season and is committed to giving of his best for the club before moving on to QLD Reds. The club also said it couldn’t match the money that the RU club had offered him.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Tetevano Moves;

Zac Lomax is set to re-sign with St George Illawarra on a historic six-year $3 million deal, according to The Daily Telegraph.

It is believed that the final year of the deal is an option in his favour. 

The 20-year old fended off interest from several NRL rivals, including the Wests Tigers and Canberra, to ultimately recommit to the Dragons.

Originally off-contract at the end of 2020, Lomax was hot property around the league as one of the best rising talents.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Tetevano Moves; Zac Lomax's Signature;

NRL player Josh Reynolds has been charged by police over an alleged domestic violence incident.

Police say a woman attended St George Police Station yesterday to report an alleged assault.

The 29-year-old suffered bruising to her right arm and left leg after allegedly being assaulted by Wests Tigers star Reynolds in September.

Police say Reynolds, 30, handed himself into police last night, where he was arrested.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-12/nrl-star-josh-reynolds-charged-with-domestic-violence/11793506

• 4 weeks later...

South Sydney have confirmed that representative forward Jai Arrow will join the club on a four-year deal from 2021.

The Titans had earlier announced that the 24-year-old will be joining the Rabbitohs but would play out the final year of his contract on the Gold Coast.

Arrow is considered one of the best young forwards in the game, having already played four times for the Maroons.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Jai Arrow
2 hours ago, Graham said:

South Sydney have confirmed that representative forward Jai Arrow will join the club on a four-year deal from 2021.

The Titans had earlier announced that the 24-year-old will be joining the Rabbitohs but would play out the final year of his contract on the Gold Coast.

Arrow is considered one of the best young forwards in the game, having already played four times for the Maroons.

That's a good signing. Barring any injuries that may happen in 2020, of course.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Asiata in '21; Fuimaono - a Dragon
4 hours ago, Graham said:

Off-contract Cowboy John Asiata is weighing up a move to the Gold Coast Titans from the 2021 season.

The 26-year old has one year left on his current deal with North Queensland and new Titans coach Justin Holbrook reportedly has him in his sights.

I guess if they can get John, that will mean an early release for arrow to join the bunnies for this coming season

6 hours ago, Graham said:

Off-contract Cowboy John Asiata is weighing up a move to the Gold Coast Titans from the 2021 season.

The 26-year old has one year left on his current deal with North Queensland and new Titans coach Justin Holbrook reportedly has him in his sights.

Asiata is a player I would love to see over here, unfortunately it seems like that's unlikely to happen with the Titans offering him big money.  It's not a move that he should consider to my mind as it's a career killer as so many have found before.

31 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Asiata is a player I would love to see over here, unfortunately it seems like that's unlikely to happen with the Titans offering him big money.  It's not a move that he should consider to my mind as it's a career killer as so many have found before.

Excellent player . Bit of a freak like dean widders or david solomona who has the size and presence to play in the middle but has the skills and creativity  to play as a playmaker 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Excellent player . Bit of a freak like dean widders or david solomona who has the size and presence to play in the middle but has the skills and creativity  to play as a playmaker 

He ain’t no half though 

St George Illawarra assistant coach Shane Flanagan has spoken for the first time since serving a 12-month ban from the NRL.

Former Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan has spoken for the first time since serving a 12-month NRL ban, saying it hurt not to be able to do what he loves.

Making no secret of his ambition to return as a head coach, the 54-year-old said the year-long break was a “tough period” but he has wiped the slate clean with the Dragons in 2020.

“This is what I do for a profession, I’ve done it all my life. To not be able to get up in the morning and do what you love doing and being around footy players and a footy club, when you’ve done it all your life and you can’t do it, it hurts,” he said on Thursday.

In 2018 Flanagan was handed an indefinite ban by the NRL for breaching terms of a previous ban back in 2014 when Cronulla was in the grips of a salary cap scandal.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Flanagan Wants...;

Emerging Bulldog Lachlan Lewis is on Melbourne’s radar.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Lewis has been linked to the Storm in a potential player swap for the homesick Josh Addo-Carr.

Canterbury are interested in Addo-Carr but are reportedly not willing to give up Lewis to get him.

The Bulldogs would reportedly consider a player swap, but do not want to release one of their key players, such as Lewis.

The Storm are prepared to release the flyer on compassionate grounds, provided they receive compensation in the form of a player swap or transfer fee.

He will remain at Melbourne for the 2020 season unless a deal can be made with a rival club.

The Wests Tigers have also been linked to Addo-Carr, who he made his NRL debut with in 2016.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Flanagan Wants...; Lachlan Lewis/Addo-Carr; R1 - Bushfire Appeal Round

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has announced the opening week of the 2020 season will be a dedicated Bushfire Appeal Round to raise money for those affected.

It comes as fellow sporting bodies AFL and Cricket Australia begin considerations to host special matches to aid the bushfire appeal, while Aussie NBA stars band together to donate $1 million to aid.