Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

SBW

The Sydney Roosters are interested in signing Sonny Bill Williams, according to nine.com.au.

The report states that Williams was seen at an inner-Sydney cafe during the week with Roosters chairman Nick Politis.

The off-contract 34-year old has been widely tipped to retire from sport following the All Blacks’ Japan campaign.

6 minutes ago, Graham said:

Wests Tigers are hitting the trade table for disgruntled back-rower Ryan Matterson, offering up a number of trade deals to potential interested clubs.

While talks for Matterson are ongoing, Cronulla Shark Kurt Capewell has been seen as a potential replacement for Matterson.

I'd be happy with us signing Capewell under any circumstances.

59 minutes ago, Graham said:

SBW

The Sydney Roosters are interested in signing Sonny Bill Williams, according to nine.com.au.

The report states that Williams was seen at an inner-Sydney cafe during the week with Roosters chairman Nick Politis.

The off-contract 34-year old has been widely tipped to retire from sport following the All Blacks’ Japan campaign.

They’re very close so I’d guess they meet up a fair bit , and I think if anything ever transpired it would be on the coaching side going by reports . I honestly can’t see him making a mark on the Roosters first side now

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

They’re very close so I’d guess they meet up a fair bit , and I think if anything ever transpired it would be on the coaching side going by reports . I honestly can’t see him making a mark on the Roosters first side now

He’s one of those names that is always good copy attracting readers. His publicity value would be more than his worth now as a player at Roosters. 

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Merrin

Former NRL forward Trent Merrin has told Leeds he will return to England, turning his back on an NRL return, as reported by NRL.com.

The 30-year old has been in Australia exploring his options after being given permission by the Rhinos, having met with Newcastle and St George Illawarra.

But neither club able to match the lucrative four-year deal he signed with Leeds at the end of 2018 and he is now set to to return to pre-season with the English club on November 4.

Wests Tigers are believed to be interested in swapping Ryan Matterson with Cronulla’s Matt Moylan.

Cronulla are expected to be busy players over the summer, with Matt Prior and Josh Dugan being given permission to look elsewhere despite being under contract, according to NRL.com.

Prior has received interest from rival NRL clubs and Super League sides and is reportedly open to the idea of moving overseas to get a bigger deal.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Merrin, Matterson, Moylan, Dugan
3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Matt Moylan .... what might have been . Totally stagnated 

Most of that era of Panther's haven't fulfilled the promise they showed be it injury, misdemeanors  or loss of form. It makes you wonder how this next batch will fare.

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Most of that era of Panther's haven't fulfilled the promise they showed be it injury, misdemeanors  or loss of form. It makes you wonder how this next batch will fare.

Indeed , more than once there we heard this was the crop to win a premiership .

New Zealand Warriors have signed hooker Wayde Egan from Penrith Panthers on a three-year contract.

The 22-year-old has made 29 NRL appearances to date since making his first-grade debut last year.

Warriors general manager of football, Brian Smith, said: “We’re delighted to agree terms with Wayde for three years.

“He’s a high-quality hooker who had an outstanding NYC career and has really impressed since coming into first-grade.

“We welcome him and look forward to his contribution to our club in 2020 and beyond.

“His enthusiasm and skills at dummy-half have attracted the attention of our recruitment and coaching staff and we know he’ll make a significant impact with us.”

Daly Cherry-Evans has told the media he is laughing at rumours linking him with a move to the Broncos.

The 30-year old spoke to the media ahead of Australia’s game against New Zealand on Friday and the Kangaroos vice-captain said the story holds no truth.

So maybe it's right then! ?

22 minutes ago, Graham said:

I hope Brett Finch is okay

There are some disturbing reports about his state of mind.

If they are true I hope he gets the help he needs and gets back to lively fun loving normal.

Yeh I read that . Comes across as a bit of a ‘ larrikin ‘ but sometimes that masks deeper problems so best wishes to him 

Parramatta have announced the contract upgrade and extension of  Maika Sivo until the end of 2021.

The NRL’s top tryscorer in 2019, Sivo burst onto the scene in his rookie season, helping the Eels make the semi-finals.

Sivo made his NRL debut in Round 1 and went on to score 22 tries.

The Fijian flyer was earning minimum wage and match payments earlier this season, so his latest contract upgrade is a significant one.

• Like 1

Good news for Issac Luke?

Manaese Fainu arrested and "charged with wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, affray, and recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company."  He was refused bail and he may not even come to trial before the season starts.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-29/manlys-manase-fainu-charged-over-alleged-church-stabbing/11649682

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Good news for Issac Luke?

Manaese Fainu arrested and "charged with wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, affray, and recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company."  He was refused bail and he may not even come to trial before the season starts.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-29/manlys-manase-fainu-charged-over-alleged-church-stabbing/11649682

WTF?

That is awful, I never would've thought it with Fainu.............this guy is done for now. I can't see him playing NRL again if proved guilty

It’s that time again when the draw comes out for next year and you get bemused by headlines like ‘ winners and losers in the draw ... ‘ . The essence of any league should be equality across the board , but not here . The NRL set up has long intrigued me , down to things like playing a team once in 18 months or something, then another twice in a month . 

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...
23 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s that time again when the draw comes out for next year and you get bemused by headlines like ‘ winners and losers in the draw ... ‘ . The essence of any league should be equality across the board , but not here . The NRL set up has long intrigued me , down to things like playing a team once in 18 months or something, then another twice in a month . 

Yes because of the 16 teams and 25 rounds clubs play 9 opponents twice and the other 6 only once in the regular season.

Brisbane and the Melbourne Storm are engaged in a standoff, with the Broncos' discussions with Brodie Croft coming to a grinding halt.

NRL.com understands discussions between the Broncos and Storm reached a stalemate this week, with the No.7’s management indicating to Storm officials that he will see out his deal at Melbourne. 

The Broncos were hoping Melbourne would chip in for Croft to play under coach Anthony Seibold, however NRL.com has been told the Storm wouldn’t budge and the parties are at loggerheads over the deal.

Both parties are wary the decision to put negotiations on ice is a tactic to pressure the other into folding first, however both the Broncos and Storm don’t appear to be willing to budge on what they have proposed.

Croft is on a deal worth just shy of $400,000 at the Storm for the next two years, and the Broncos want Melbourne to pay a large chunk of that.

Fancy having a system where a club pays a huge amount for him to play for a rival club. Barmy.

Below are Newcastle Knight’s listed new signings, re-signings and departures for 2020 and beyond.

Re-signed

TBC

Tex Hoy (2021)

Jirah Momoisea (2020)

New signings

Jayden Brailey (Sharks – 2022)

Departures

James Gavet (released to Huddersfield for 2020)

Slade Griffin (not re-signed for 2020)

Zac Woolford (not re-signed for 2020)

Jesse Ramien (released)

Shaun Kenny-Dowall (signed with Hull KR)

Jamie Buhrer (not re-signed for 2020)

Brayden Musgrove (not re-signed for 2020)

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Croft deal stalls; Knights outs etc

SEA EAGLES INJURY NEWS ( JTurbo and AF-B still to have their surgeries)

Manly Sea Eagles announced on Wednesday the gun pairing of Jake Trbojevic and Addin Fonua-Blake will have clean-out shoulder surgeries.

The recovery time is expected to be four months, therefore putting the early rounds of the 2020 NRL season in doubt for both men.

This may no put a slight dampener on what looks to be enthralling encounters between the Storm and the Roosters in the first two rounds.

Trbjojevic and Fonua-Blake follow on from Tom Trbojevic (pectoral), Joel Thompson (arm), Curtis Sironen (foot) and Teniela Paseka (knee) who all had surgery to add their seasons.

Manase Fainu is another player missing after shoulder surgery as he also battles criminal charges.

Fainu is declining allegations he stabbed a man in Sydney’s south west.

He was denied bail as he faces another bail hearing set for Monday, November 11