Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

41 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Which rules manly out given the stats when he doesn’t play

Possibly and I think it's a huge loss but the stats can be a bit misleading. I think they lost 4 games while he was out but, in 3 of those losses, DCE was also missing. I think the shakiest team in the finals is Parra. They played the finals teams in 10 games this year and lost 7. This also shows how soft their draw was, that they only played 3 other top-8 teams twice.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Possibly and I think it's a huge loss but the stats can be a bit misleading. I think they lost 4 games while he was out but, in 3 of those losses, DCE was also missing. I think the shakiest team in the finals is Parra. They played the finals teams in 10 games this year and lost 7. This also shows how soft their draw was, that they only played 3 other top-8 teams twice.

Parra and Manly don't stand any chance in the play offs. I didn't think Manly would do anything in play offs before T Turbo injury but they definitely won't now.

Cronulla are the dark horses for me. They've struggled this season with horrendous injuries to key players. If they had the likes of Moylan, Graham, Johnson etc fit for all their games, they'd be competing for the top 4.

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’d like a bit of variety but tbh I just can’t see past storm and roosters , they’re head n shoulders the best sides and have this time of year nailed 

Variety's good, but so is excellence, and both of the likely suspects have rarely looked less than lethal in 2019.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Cowboys Clear Out

Canberra’s Hudson Young has pleaded not guilty to eye-gouging Warrior Adam Pompey, and will front the judiciary on Tuesday night.

Young was handed a five-match ban for a similar incident earlier on this season, and if found guilty again could serve one of the biggest suspensions in NRL history.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Cowboys Clear Out; Hudson Young to Judiciary; Ricky Stuart news;

The Bulldogs have confirmed the departure Michael Lichaa, Danny Fualalo, John Olive and Nu Brown from the club after farewelling them at Saturday’s clash with Brisbane at ANZ Stadium.

All four players were off-contract at the end of the year and won’t return to the club in 2020.

45 minutes ago, Graham said:

The Bulldogs have confirmed the departure Michael Lichaa, Danny Fualalo, John Olive and Nu Brown from the club after farewelling them at Saturday’s clash with Brisbane at ANZ Stadium.

All four players were off-contract at the end of the year and won’t return to the club in 2020.

Tigers might be interested in a spare 9 because I'm not sure Jacob Liddle will be ready for the start of next season. Of course Issac Luke is available and we probably will still have Benji and Josh Reynolds so maybe we'll just use one of them until Liddle comes back. We already have Soni Luke at hooker in the NSW Cup team so maybe we'll have a pair.

6 hours ago, Graham said:

Canberra’s Hudson Young has pleaded not guilty to eye-gouging Warrior Adam Pompey, and will front the judiciary on Tuesday night.

Young was handed a five-match ban for a similar incident earlier on this season, and if found guilty again could serve one of the biggest suspensions in NRL history.

Brett Finch’s rant was one of the highlights of the round . I hope the kid has a good lawyer , he’ll need it to avoid getting wiped for a big part of next year

2 hours ago, Graham said:

3241FD1C-EE10-48CF-8D7A-340B154991AD.thumb.jpeg.1a05b91e928d83b36e6b454d3c16d11a.jpeg

Yeh good , and I knows his stats , still no way he should win the Dally M though . He’s a stand out every week in a poor side .Delivering in a top , loaded side that wins and wins big and high pressure games , and gets right to the pointy end ,should count 

Edited by DavidM

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Yeh good , and I knows his stats , still no way he should win the Dally M though . He’s a stand out every week in a poor side .Delivering in a top , loaded side that wins and wins big and high pressure games , and gets right to the pointy end ,should count 

Teddy fits your description to a tee, David.

What a joy he is to watch.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Teddy fits your description to a tee, David.

What a joy he is to watch.

He’d be my choice . Bar last year its usually , bar the odd one ,gone to someone in the last decade or so who’s reached the GF 

Rumour has it that Jordan Rapana is off to Japanese Rugby Union at the end of the year. He’s 30 now and Canberra are under salary cap pressure after giving CNK a big pay rise and bringing in Williams. He’s played yawnion before and is being offered big bucks 

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Marty Taupau enters early guilty plea and escaped with a 1 game ban for taking an opponents head off and the same punishment Sam Burgess got for a hair tug.

Crazy , they’re judicial process is so convoluted and not really fit for purpose. No way Sam should miss a final for that , but Taupau should have been sent off and got a few weeks , he knocked that poor bloke into Disneyland with direct contact to the mush 

• Thanks 1

Hudson Young got 8 weeks.

JWH's charge was dismissed, as it should have been. Liam Knight fell into JWH and the damage was caused y the head clash with the other tackler. I didn't even think it was worth a penalty at the time.