Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Graham

Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Ramien Returns; Wighton Worth it? Kaufusi Konsiders

It’s that time again when the draw comes out for next year and you get bemused by headlines like ‘ winners and losers in the draw ... ‘ . The essence of any league should be equality across the board , but not here . The NRL set up has long intrigued me , down to things like playing a team once in 18 months or something, then another twice in a month . 

23 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s that time again when the draw comes out for next year and you get bemused by headlines like ‘ winners and losers in the draw ... ‘ . The essence of any league should be equality across the board , but not here . The NRL set up has long intrigued me , down to things like playing a team once in 18 months or something, then another twice in a month . 

Yes because of the 16 teams and 25 rounds clubs play 9 opponents twice and the other 6 only once in the regular season.

189260679_ATeam60pc.png.e5447b689881f9d6f22576f54cb1cac9.png

Brisbane and the Melbourne Storm are engaged in a standoff, with the Broncos' discussions with Brodie Croft coming to a grinding halt.

NRL.com understands discussions between the Broncos and Storm reached a stalemate this week, with the No.7’s management indicating to Storm officials that he will see out his deal at Melbourne. 

The Broncos were hoping Melbourne would chip in for Croft to play under coach Anthony Seibold, however NRL.com has been told the Storm wouldn’t budge and the parties are at loggerheads over the deal.

Both parties are wary the decision to put negotiations on ice is a tactic to pressure the other into folding first, however both the Broncos and Storm don’t appear to be willing to budge on what they have proposed.

Croft is on a deal worth just shy of $400,000 at the Storm for the next two years, and the Broncos want Melbourne to pay a large chunk of that.

Fancy having a system where a club pays a huge amount for him to play for a rival club. Barmy.

Below are Newcastle Knight’s listed new signings, re-signings and departures for 2020 and beyond.

Re-signed

TBC

Tex Hoy (2021)

Jirah Momoisea (2020)

New signings

Jayden Brailey (Sharks – 2022)

Departures

James Gavet (released to Huddersfield for 2020)

Slade Griffin (not re-signed for 2020)

Zac Woolford (not re-signed for 2020)

Jesse Ramien (released)

Shaun Kenny-Dowall (signed with Hull KR)

Jamie Buhrer (not re-signed for 2020)

Brayden Musgrove (not re-signed for 2020)

SEA EAGLES INJURY NEWS ( JTurbo and AF-B still to have their surgeries)

Manly Sea Eagles announced on Wednesday the gun pairing of Jake Trbojevic and Addin Fonua-Blake will have clean-out shoulder surgeries.

The recovery time is expected to be four months, therefore putting the early rounds of the 2020 NRL season in doubt for both men.

This may no put a slight dampener on what looks to be enthralling encounters between the Storm and the Roosters in the first two rounds.

Trbjojevic and Fonua-Blake follow on from Tom Trbojevic (pectoral), Joel Thompson (arm), Curtis Sironen (foot) and Teniela Paseka (knee) who all had surgery to add their seasons.

Manase Fainu is another player missing after shoulder surgery as he also battles criminal charges.

Fainu is declining allegations he stabbed a man in Sydney’s south west.

He was denied bail as he faces another bail hearing set for Monday, November 11

Canterbury’s Lachlan Lewis has signed a one-year contract extension, tying him to the Bulldogs until the end of 2021.

The 23-year-old halfback was officially on the NRL open market before putting pen to paper with the club on Wednesday.

His deal for the 2020 season was worth about $150,000 and his management - Lombardi Sports - had been pushing the Bulldogs for an extension and upgrade for some time.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Canterbury’s Lachlan Lewis has signed a one-year contract extension, tying him to the Bulldogs until the end of 2021.

The 23-year-old halfback was officially on the NRL open market before putting pen to paper with the club on Wednesday.

His deal for the 2020 season was worth about $150,000 and his management - Lombardi Sports - had been pushing the Bulldogs for an extension and upgrade for some time.

He's the sort of player I was indicating that Toronto should have been in for on one of their numerous threads.

30 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

He's the sort of player I was indicating that Toronto should have been in for on one of their numerous threads.

Why? He's ordinary

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Why? He's ordinary

I disagree on that view, I think there's a good player in there, certainly far better than they have at present.

The Sharks have confirmed the return of Jesse Ramien to the club in 2020 after signing a new deal.

The 22-year-old will return to the Shire on a four-year deal following a tumultuous 2019 season with the Newcastle Knights.

Yes he showed great promise. Maybe this will move will see him recapture his top form.

I read a headline which suggested Jack Wighton might be the first Raiders player to get a $1m contract.

The 'story' was behind a paywall so I didn't get any more details.

Surely not?

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Some of the best tries of the season.

I also enjoyed Ryan Panenwosit’s breakaway solo try against Tigers in  May I think it was. It caught the eye and showed he’d be worth having as a regular in the team.

• Sad 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I can't believe he's played 200 games (including NZ games) It's deceptive because when he was at Manly he averaged 21 games a year including his debut year where he didn't start until Round 15. Since he left Manly he has still averaged 14 games a year, surprising for someone I just assume is always injured.

Confirmed: Issac Luke to St George-Illawarra.

Possible: Valentine Holmes to the Cowboys.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)