Graham

Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Tetevano Moves; Zac Lomax's Signature;

16 hours ago, Graham said:

Semi Radradra has poured cold water on reports that he is wanting to return to RL (NRL). He says his time in NRL is behind him and he still has a way to fo in RU. He has another year on his contract in Bordeaux.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/11/28/semi-signs-with-bristol/

14 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Fortunately he has the huge brain of Anthony Mundine guiding him so Swinton and Rochdale are probably still a chance.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Fortunately he has the huge brain of Anthony Mundine guiding him so Swinton and Rochdale are probably still a chance.

Is Mundine his agent or just a freeloader ?

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Is Mundine his agent or just a freeloader ?

Just "advising" him, I think. If he turns Muslim and takes up boxing, we'll know the Mundine influence is strong.

• Haha 1

Aidan Sezer will depart Canberra after agreeing to a two-year deal with the Huddersfield Giants.

Sezer was contracted to the Raiders for the 2020 season but now will instead head to the Super League.

189260679_ATeam60pc.png.e5447b689881f9d6f22576f54cb1cac9.png

Brodie Croft will join the Brisbane Broncos on a three-year deal after earlier being released by the Melbourne Storm.

Croft will join the Broncos effective immediately until the end of the 2022 NRL season.

“We are bringing Brodie home to Queensland and giving him the opportunity to represent our club and the club he grew up supporting,” said Broncos’ head coach Anthony Seibold on the club website.

Storm in announcing his departure and that of others say these moves make them Salary Cap Compliant for the new season. Curtis Scott being released was the other player helping this compliance.

Edited by Graham

Chad Townsend has re-signed with the Cronulla Sharks in a deal that will see the star halfback remain at the club until at least the end of 2023.

Townsend, 28, was out of contract at the end of the season, but has opted to re-sign with the Sharks for a further three years which has given him the opportunity to finish his career at the club where he started his NRL career.

The Sydney Roosters have announced that forward Siosiua Taukeiaho has signed a two-year extension with the club that will see him remain at the Roosters until at least the end of 2022.

“I love this club and it’s a big honour to be part of the team here at the Roosters,” Taukeiaho told the club’s website.

“Robbo and the coaches have done a lot for me, and with all the staff, we’re like one big family so I’m very happy to extend my time here.”

Roosters Head Coach Trent Robinson was pleased to have Taukeiaho remain at the club and apart of their plans moving forward.

Ryan Papenhuyzen has extended his Melbourne Storm contract until the end of 2022.

The 21-year-old had a break-out season in 2019 after replacing retired superstar Billy Slater.

Papenhuyzen had options to return to Sydney but chose to lock in his future with the Storm.

• Like 1

Vunivalu is joining the dark side and Queensland Reds from the end of the 2020 NRL season. So he won’t play for Fiji in the World Cup in 21. Surprised and sorry to see him go. It sounds like he’s gone for the money which is odd when I thought Union was in a financial hole in Australia. I’m sure he’ll be easily replaced by Melbourne but still would rather he stayed in the game

9 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Vunivalu is joining the dark side and Queensland Reds from the end of the 2020 NRL season. So he won’t play for Fiji in the World Cup in 21. Surprised and sorry to see him go. It sounds like he’s gone for the money which is odd when I thought Union was in a financial hole in Australia. I’m sure he’ll be easily replaced by Melbourne but still would rather he stayed in the game

A Storm posting reassured us that Vuni was staying for the 2020 season and is committed to giving of his best for the club before moving on to QLD Reds. The club also said it couldn’t match the money that the RU club had offered him.

Penrith Panthers have announced the signing of Zane Tetevano on a two-year deal.

The New Zealand international moves from the Sydney Roosters where he won back-to-back premierships.

Zac Lomax is set to re-sign with St George Illawarra on a historic six-year $3 million deal, according to The Daily Telegraph.

It is believed that the final year of the deal is an option in his favour. 

The 20-year old fended off interest from several NRL rivals, including the Wests Tigers and Canberra, to ultimately recommit to the Dragons.

Originally off-contract at the end of 2020, Lomax was hot property around the league as one of the best rising talents.

NRL player Josh Reynolds has been charged by police over an alleged domestic violence incident.

Police say a woman attended St George Police Station yesterday to report an alleged assault.

The 29-year-old suffered bruising to her right arm and left leg after allegedly being assaulted by Wests Tigers star Reynolds in September.

Police say Reynolds, 30, handed himself into police last night, where he was arrested.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-12/nrl-star-josh-reynolds-charged-with-domestic-violence/11793506