Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

The Wests Tigers are ready to make Canberra’s Joey Leilua a lucrative offer, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The report states that the proposed deal to the centre is worth $1.8 million over three seasons.

It is believed that the Raiders will chip in around $400,000 of Leilua’s $700,000-plus contract for 2020, with the Tigers set to pay him $500,000 for 2021 and $600,000 for 2021.

The deal nearly fell over on Wednesday when the Tigers threatened to pull their offer over a $100,000 discrepancy, but it was later sorted out.

... and while talking of Tigers' news:

Tigers’ recruitment of Souths youngster Adam Doueihi has hit an impasse, with the club reportedly not keen to pay him just over $350,000 this year.

Doueihi is reportedly on $500,000 this season, with more than $150,000 of that already being paid by the Rabbitohs.

That opens the door for another club to pounce on the 21-year old, with a Sydney rival and Melbourne touted as potential destinations.

Adam Doueihi has been granted a leave of absence from South Sydney’s training camp after his contractual saga has seemingly taken a toll on the 21-year old, as reported by The Sydney Morning Herald. 

The Rabbitohs recently passed by Batemans Bay to visit residents that were affected by the bush fires, but Doueihi was in Sydney weighing up his options.

Following star recruit Latrell Mitchell’s signing by the Rabbitohs, coach Wayne Bennett has given Doueihi the option to explore his options and secure a starting job elsewhere.

Doueihi is expected to earn upwards of $500,000 this year and $600,000 in 2021, and after numerous headlines came out stating the Wests Tigers and Melbourne were keen to pay Doueihi’s heavily back-ended deal, Doueihi decided he needed to be away from the team to sort his future out.

Brisbane Broncos veteran Alex Glenn will lead the club in 2020.

The 31-year old was named captain on Friday morning, taking over from Darius Boyd.

Boyd was removed from his position by coach Anthony Seibold in a leadership group shakeup after the club’s disastrous 58-0 loss to Parramatta.

The 32-year old has been captain since 2017 and will remain at the club.

12 hours ago, aj1908 said:

tedesco torn pec according to facebook pages.

This has since been denied, as mentioned in the WCC thread on the main forum.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 23/01/2020 at 09:41, Graham said:

The Wests Tigers are ready to make Canberra’s Joey Leilua a lucrative offer, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The report states that the proposed deal to the centre is worth $1.8 million over three seasons.

It is believed that the Raiders will chip in around $400,000 of Leilua’s $700,000-plus contract for 2020, with the Tigers set to pay him $500,000 for 2021 and $600,000 for 2021.

The deal nearly fell over on Wednesday when the Tigers threatened to pull their offer over a $100,000 discrepancy, but it was later sorted out.

From what I read on Facebook, the deal has gone through and Tigers have signed Leilua.

A quick search and I found:

With Leilua set for one centre position, the other will be a battle between Robert Jennings, Paul Momirovski and rising star Tommy Talau.

Negotiations also remain ongoing with South Sydney young gun Adam Doueihi, the Balmain junior who is seeking a four-year deal to join the Wests Tigers.   “

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Reports that Cronulla have tried to offload Dugan to the Catalans Dragons only for the player to reject the move.

It now looks like Dugan will be getting his $800,000 a year playing for the Newtown Jets.

Dugan would be in a fine tradition of Cats player's: Bird, Edwards, Taylor, Mason, Kasiano, Carney etc.

19 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Reports that Cronulla have tried to offload Dugan to the Catalans Dragons only for the player to reject the move.

It now looks like Dugan will be getting his $800,000 a year playing for the Newtown Jets.

He’d be daft to move for much less money than he’ll be on at Sharks. Hang on though, he is daft isn’t he?

Festooned with tattoos he’s a walking work of art or something similar.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

He’d be daft to move for much less money than he’ll be on at Sharks. Hang on though, he is daft isn’t he?

Festooned with tattoos he’s a walking work of art or something similar.

with his injury record I can't see many clubs willing to pay out big money for his services and if he sits in reserve grade seeing out his contract he'll be 31 and worth even less.

I read today that Curtis Scott was arrested after resisting police and had to be tazered.

His Australia Day didn't go very well.

I remember him saying he wanted to stay away from Sydney and trouble hence playing for Melbourne and now moving to Canberra.

That didn't work out too well then.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Curtis Scott
2 hours ago, Graham said:

I read today that Curtis Scott was arrested after resisting police and had to be tazered.

His Australia Day didn't go very well.

I remember him saying he wanted to stay away from Sydney and trouble hence playing for Melbourne and now moving to Canberra.

That didn't work out too well then.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7932429/Curtis-Scott-arrested-Australia-Day-party-Ivy-nightclub-NRL-stars.html

To be fair, sounds like the trouble was in Sydney, rather than Canberra ? 

I guess this is what happens when Aussies go out drinking with their English team mates!

Good Scott quote from the Fox League article:

“And it’s the same with the opportunity to go to Canberra. I’m older now and make better decisions but I also just think it’s the best place for me to get the most out of my football.”

• Haha 1

The nib Newcastle Knights are pleased to announce the upgrade and contract extensions of Jirah Momoisea.

The backrower started the year on a Development Contract but has been catapulted into the Club’s Top 30 for season 2020.

The 21-year-old has also been extended a further two years, keeping him at the Club until at least the end of 2022.

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

Curtis Scott - is this an auto stand down offence?

Potentially much worse. He's charged with 2 counts of "assault police." If he's convicted on those counts he shouldn't play any NRL this year.