Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

He's returning to the code he played as a youngster in Fiji. The hamstring problems he had seemed to settle him on the move which he sees as the best deal for the future of himself and his family. (He signed a deal in late November reportedly worth $1.8 million)

Edited by Graham

Newcastle Knights have signed Tyronne Roberts-Davis.

The flyer, who joins the Club on a train and trial opportunity in November, has agreed to a one-year-deal.

At the age of 22, Roberts-Davis spent 2019 with Burleigh before joining the Knights on the promise of little more than a chance and he took it with both hands.

Brisbane Broncos have stood down forward Joe Ofahengaue for two NRL games after he pleaded guilty earlier this month to being in charge of a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol level in excess of the legal limit.

The Broncos took the decision to stand down the player after taking into consideration that it was not his first driving offence in recent years.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Tuala;

Storm have set their sights on a player rated among the best young centres in England.

Jake Wardle, a powerhouse 21-year-old speedster from the Huddersfield club, has caught the eye of Storm scouts in the UK.

The Storm are believed to be set to make Wardle an attractive offer to join them for 2021.

Kiwi prop Renouf To'omaga is shaping as a bolter to make the Bulldogs' top squad for round one.

To'omaga has played just 13 games in his two years at Belmore but has done the hard yards over the summer and dropped several kilos.

He shone in the Bulldogs' 30-18 win over Cronulla in PNG a couple of weeks ago, scoring one try and setting up another, and was also solid in the loss to the Raiders last weekend.

31 minutes ago, Graham said:

image.thumb.png.aa20759ebf2f9bb3dc69378a89301319.png

That looks a fairly weak team to me, probably the weakest Warriors side for some time. I can't see them finishing anywhere but bottom 4. Green, Blair are both past their best. Nikorima is inconsistent. Burr, Egan are average. And that's the spine. They're really relying on RTS again

Maybe this bloke would have helped them. Too late now, Eels have locked him in for another couple of years:

Parramatta Eels have landed a major signing coup on the eve of the new season with backrower Shaun Lane committing to the club until the end of 2023.

Apparently Lane’s new three-year deal is worth around the $1.3 million mark and ensures the Eels will start 2020 with a settled left edge.

Raiders prop Royce Hunt has signed a one-year deal with the Cronulla Sharks, thus completing their roster for the 2020 season.

Hunt has been training with the Sharks since November as the 24-year old gets another opportunity under John Morris.

He made his debut for the Raiders in 2017 but only notched one first-grade game.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Dylan Edwards; Royce Hunt
  • Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Dylan Edwards; Royce Hunt; Carl Webb MND
  • Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Dylan Edwards; Royce Hunt; Carl Webb MND; Des Hasler
6 hours ago, Graham said:

Queensland Origin forward Carl Webb has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease.

The news of the 38-year-old’s diagnosis is on the Queensland Rugby League website.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/03/05/men-of-league-backing-webb-in-motor-neurone-disease-battle/

Didn’t know that . Incredibly sad , what a character and fine player he was . All the best to him ?

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Didn’t know that . Incredibly sad , what a character and fine player he was . All the best to him ?

Yes so very sad.

From Gordon Tallis who is full of praise for Carl as a player and a man:

“It’s really sad. I think it was Sam Burgess’ dad that was the first time I’ve heard about it [MND],” added Tallis.

“On Tuesday Adam Maher, who played for Cronulla, passed away with the same disease. I know all Charlie’s teammates will rally around him.

“We’re trying to do something with the Cowboys, Broncos and Queensland RL. Between those organisations, I hope that we can for Charlie and his family.”

Webb is the latest former athlete to be diagnosed with the condition. South African rugby union player Joost van der Westhuizen passed away with the disease in 2017, while AFL great Neale Daniher and England rugby league international Rob Burrow have also been diagnosed with the condition in recent years.

Melbourne Storm great Cameron Smith could play on in 2021.

Apparently he's no thought of finishing playing yet.

“I’m loving footy at the moment and while I’m doing that there is no thought of retirement,” Smith told Fox Sports.

“But things change and for me there will be a point throughout the year where I have the feeling of whether I am playing next year or not.

“The best thing about it is Craig’s (Bellamy) door is always open. I’ve had open discussions with him about my form and my position in the team, the role that I play and whether that is still relevant week to week. Whether it has changed or if he wants me to do something different.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Cam Smith, Darius Boyd, Carl Webb