Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Izaia Perese;

33 minutes ago, Graham said:

Matt Lodge has a partial tear to his ACL. He’ll  have medical attention and physio. It’s not known yet how long he’ll be out.

Not a great loss to the game really except for someone for the crowd's to boo.

On 12/02/2020 at 10:25, DoubleD said:

Strange move, he’s not a full back. It would be better having Xerri there or move Xerri to the wing to accommodate Morris in the centre but clearly they’re doing everything possible to keep Xerri happy so he stays

From what I remember didn't Sharks tell Josh he should look round for other clubs for himself previously? Now that he has found another club they are saying no move.

Anyway couldn't they do with some wriggle room in the salary cap in the months ahead?

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Josh Mozz

Penrith fullback Dylan Edwards will undergo ankle surgery on today, ruling him out at least the first five rounds of the NRL season.

Caleb Aekins is set to start the NRL season as Penrith’s fullback after Edwards was ruled out for up to two months with a serious ankle injury.

Edwards will go under the knife on Thursday after suffering a syndesmosis tear at training on Tuesday, when his right leg was caught in an awkward position.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Josh Mozz; Dylan Edwards

Newcastle Knights have offered superstar fullback Kalyn Ponga a contract extension to remain in the Hunter until the end of 2023.

Newcastle chairman Phil Gardner told Fox Sports the Knights have tabled Ponga an upgrade and extension for the next four seasons.

Ponga, 21, has scored 17 tries in 40 NRL appearances for the Knights in the last two years.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Josh Mozz; Dylan Edwards; Ponga

A lingering foot problem could force Wests Tigers prop Russell Packer into medical retirement despite still having two years to run on his deal, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The 30-year old will meet with medical experts on Wednesday in a bid to work out the root of his foot issue.

It is believed that he suffered the injury playing in the NSW Canterbury Cup in July. After undergoing surgery, Packer has not taken part in any running sessions and may never be able to play again.

If this happens Tigers would, I expect, want him taken out of their Salary Cap books, as was the case with Burgess and Matulino .

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Russell Packer Ouch
  • Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Souths 2020 Cpt;

Kalyn Ponga has reportedly been offered a record four-year, $4.5 million deal by the Knights that includes to allow him to play for the All Blacks at the 2023 Rugby World Cup.

Fox Sports’ chief rugby league reporter James Hooper broke the story last week that Newcastle had tabled Ponga an upgrade and extension for the next four seasons.

But The Sydney Morning Herald reported Tuesday that the offer includes a final year option in Ponga's favour should he decide he wants to try his hand at rugby union at the RWC in France.

“I’d be really surprised if the All Blacks weren’t talking to him now, that’s the kind of talent we are talking about here,” Newcastle chief executive Philip Gardner told The Herald.

“He could play for the All Blacks, the Wallabies, or he may end up going to Japan or Europe. We genuinely want the best for the young man and while ever he wants to play rugby league, we want him to play here at Newcastle in an environment he enjoys.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Souths 2020 Cpt; Ponga Deal;
  • Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news ... Souths 2020 Cpt; Ponga Deal; Cameron King;
1 hour ago, Graham said:

Kalyn Ponga has reportedly been offered a record four-year, $4.5 million deal by the Knights that includes to allow him to play for the All Blacks at the 2023 Rugby World Cup.

Fox Sports’ chief rugby league reporter James Hooper broke the story last week that Newcastle had tabled Ponga an upgrade and extension for the next four seasons.

But The Sydney Morning Herald reported Tuesday that the offer includes a final year option in Ponga's favour should he decide he wants to try his hand at rugby union at the RWC in France.

“I’d be really surprised if the All Blacks weren’t talking to him now, that’s the kind of talent we are talking about here,” Newcastle chief executive Philip Gardner told The Herald.

“He could play for the All Blacks, the Wallabies, or he may end up going to Japan or Europe. We genuinely want the best for the young man and while ever he wants to play rugby league, we want him to play here at Newcastle in an environment he enjoys.

Not a fan of such arrangements 

23 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Not a fan of such arrangements 

Neither am I, but at least it has all been worked out above board, so if he does decide to waste his talent, he won't have to do what the Judas Weasel did.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Must agree . Sounds like complete desperation , we’ll do anything you want just don’t go 

Apparently there’s a clause in his contract where once a month everyone at the club will bend over and he can kick them all up the erm .... fundamentals.

Edited by Graham

55 minutes ago, Graham said:

Sad case of Jarrod Mullen...

He’s been found guilt of drug dealing but has been spared jail.

Seems he has plunged the depths trying to feed his habit having got hooked.

He says he wants to try NRL again.

I refuse to throw in the easy line about going to SL . I simply refuse 

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Sad case of Jarrod Mullen...

He’s been found guilt of drug dealing but has been spared jail.

Seems he has plunged the depths trying to feed his habit having got hooked.

He says he wants to try NRL again.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I refuse to throw in the easy line about going to SL . I simply refuse 

Not likely, he’s nearly 33 and will be nearly 34 when his ban is up

The Warriors’ front-row stocks are at wafer-thin levels after prop Jackson Frei was ruled out for the NRL season with a torn ACL ligament.

Former Sydney Roosters junior Frei, 22, was likely to make his first-grade debut next month, but the club confirmed the serious knee injury suffered early in last Saturday’s trial against Melbourne ended all hopes.

Just a reminder, this is due to be Suliasi Vunivalu's last season with Storm before moving on to play Union for a lot of money.

He has a a lucrative Super Rugby deal with the Queensland Reds on the table for him for 2021 and beyond.

He has committed himself to a full on season - he says there'll be no slackening off for him this season.