Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

James Maloney will play for the Panthers on Friday night after being cleared of a dangerous contact charge by the NRL judiciary.

Maloney had already entered an early guilty plea after a lifting tackle on Josh Hodgson drew a grade one dangerous throw charge in the second half of Penrith's loss to the Raiders but he fought the dangerous contact charge for a 'wrestling move' tackle on John Bateman.

After a one hour hearing and deliberating for just over 20 minutes before making a decision, a three man judiciary panel of Dallas Johnson, Mal Cochrane and Sean Garlick found Maloney not guilty.

During the hearing, the panel were asked to determine whether Maloney pulling down on Bateman's arm consisted of dangerous contact, whether it carried an unacceptable risk of injury and whether the contact was careless.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Storm sign youngster; James Maloney Can Play

What planet is Darius Boyd on? He doesnt think he is out of form? I can think of 3 or 4 times where he has literally avoided making tackles. He is supposed to be Captain and setting an example. From whatI have seen this year he should retire ASAP! He doesnt inspire confidence and clearly cant lead by his actions nevermind words. I wonder if Seibold will have the balls to drop him?

"No" the answer Cameron Smith has given to those wanting him to return to Origin in QLD colours in what some see as their hour of need.

He is confident that Qld will find the players and the form to replace him and others who careers saw Qld  dominate Origin.

... the Maroons – led superbly by Smith – dominated the interstate clash with eight straight series wins from 2006-2013, before NSW finally broke their dominance in 2014.

Queensland won another three trophies on the trot before the Blues' series win last year.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Darius Boyd; Cam Smith

Canberra could be without star centre Joey Leilua for the remainder of the 2019 NRL season. It seems that Leilua, who is struggling with a neck and shoulder injury could possibly miss the rest of the year.

“I hope this one doesn’t come to fruition, but the initial medical advice is that Joey Leilua has a bulging disc in his neck and will require season ending surgery,” James Hooper said.

St George Illawarra star Jack de Belin will next week learn if he will be allowed to return to the NRL.

The Federal Court has confirmed that Justice Melissa Perry will next week had down her judgment in de Belin’s case against the ARL Commission and NRL.

It is not known on what day she will announce her ruling.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Darius Boyd; Cam Smith; de Belin
  • Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Darius Boyd; Cam Smith; de Belin; Corey Norman;

Sharks hooker Jayden Brailey is in his third year of NRL and currently playing with his little brother Blayke, who signed up with the club in April.

Jayden’s contract expires at the end of the 2020 but can talk to rival clubs this offseason and is prepared to leave the club and his brother.

“I’ve signed until the end of next year but if something was to come my way, I’m going to have a look at it because I obviously want to forge my career and my future,”

Penrith centre Waqa Blake will miss his team’s clash with the Wests Tigersafter “misreading the training schedule,” according to NRL.com.

Tyrell Fuimaono will replace Blake in the centres with utility Sione Katoamoving to lock.

Panthers lock Hame Sele has also withdrawn from the rematch against with a back complaint.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Darius Boyd; Cam Smith; de Belin; Corey Norman; Brailey; Blake
4 hours ago, Graham said:

Sharks hooker Jayden Brailey is in his third year of NRL and currently playing with his little brother Blayke, who signed up with the club in April.

Jayden’s contract expires at the end of the 2020 but can talk to rival clubs this offseason and is prepared to leave the club and his brother.

“I’ve signed until the end of next year but if something was to come my way, I’m going to have a look at it because I obviously want to forge my career and my future,”

I think the Sharks will do enough to retain the brothers. There is a third coming through as well, aged around 16 and you guessed it, he’s a hooker

James Segeyaro will join the Broncos immediately in a bid to reignite his NRL career, as revealed by The Daily Telegraph.

Currently contracted to the Sharks’ feeder-club the Newtown Jets, the 28-year-old has been released from his one-year contract to join Brisbane for the remainder of the season.

Gurgess news

Rabbitohs prop George Burgess has four offers to consider and one of them is definitely not early retirement. 

The Australian’s Brent Read has clarified reports that the hulking prop is eyeing retirement due to injury problems.

“I probably helped spread a bit of a whisper this week that George is pondering retirement. That is not right,” Ready said on Triple M on Thursday night.

“I apologise to George Burgess. He’s got at least four offers on the table, two of them are from Super League, two are from the NRL.

“One of them is not Parramatta - I have to stress that - but there are options on the table for George Burgess.

“As I understand it, he wants to keep going - the only question is if it’s in the NRL or Super League.”

Read previously raised the prospect of Burgess retiring due to chronic injury concerns.

That’s pretty disgraceful to intimidate that a player might retire whilst he’s currently looking for a new club. That could have directly put suitors off going for him. Fortunately it looks like George has plenty of options

43 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

That’s pretty disgraceful to intimidate that a player might retire whilst he’s currently looking for a new club. That could have directly put suitors off going for him. Fortunately it looks like George has plenty of options

Aussies might know more about Brent Read than me.

Here’s how he’s described on The Australian website:

“Brent Read is one of rugby league's agenda setters but is also among the nation's most well-known golf writers. He also covers Olympic sports, writing with authority, wit and enthusiasm. Brent began his career in sport as a soccer player, playing with the Brisbane Strikers in the NSL.”

Jack of all trades then...

On 30/04/2019 at 21:36, Graham said:

Manly are after signing Clint Gutherson. They are apparently putting a deal together to tempt the former Manly Junior back to the club.

He has put himself up for sale after Eels made an offer to re-sign him after originally stalling on approaching him.

From Eels point of view they have reportedly made a number of offers to Gutherson but his manager Sam Ayub has knocked them back on his behalf.

Apparently the Eels are now saying he has to sign by the end of the week or their offer is withdrawn. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

13 hours ago, RayCee said:

Apparently the Eels are now saying he has to sign by the end of the week or their offer is withdrawn. 

Oh dear, that doesn’t reflect a good relationship between the club and their player. 

Surely there’s a more diplomatic way of conducting the discussions.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Oh dear, that doesn’t reflect a good relationship between the club and their player. 

Surely there’s a more diplomatic way of conducting the discussions.

I also wonder hat role the player's agent has in this impasse.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Parramatta captain Clint Gutherson has re-signed with the Eels on a three-year deal.

The club and player have reached an agreement after months of public negotiations, and the announcement was made on Thursday.

“I love the club and our loyal fans, I love playing the game and I love my teammates so I’m very happy I’m staying,” Gutherson said in a statement.

It was reported his former club Manly were in the hunt for his signature, however, he was given a deadline by the Eels to sign by the end of this week.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Gutho signs;

The NRL has decided the South Sydney Rabbitohs will have around $1.1 million to spend in their salary cap this year and next season due to the retirement of champion centre Greg Inglis.

After examining the Rabbitohs submissions in relation to Inglis’ sudden retirement, the NRL’s salary cap auditor has determined South Sydney will have to include around $900,000 of Inglis’s $2 million contract on their books.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Gutho signs; Souths salary cap judgement; de Belin judgement tomorrow

D-Day will arrive for Jack de Belin on Friday, but the fight over the NRL’s contentious no-fault stand down rules could rage for weeks, if not months.

Justice Melissa Perry is scheduled to hand down her judgment at 4pm (AEST) in the St George Illawarra star forward’s Federal Court case against the NRL and ARL Commission.

On trial are the stand down rules penned by NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg and ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie in the wake of the game’s scandal- plagued off-season.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Gutho signs; Souths salary cap judgement; de Belin judgement!

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2019/05/17/post-match--ryan-hall/

Ryan Hall played his first game in the NRL today for Roosters who lost in Brisbane to the Broncos.

There's a short advert first.

From what I saw he played okay, though the game was fought and lost in the middle not on his wing.

Edited by Graham