jeremy Clarkson

Just anounced he has been suspended for a fracas withh a producer.

No program this sunday.

What the heck will i watch now?

Jeremy you have been heading for a fall for some time.Lets hope you will be reformed and back on the screen. soon.

I've just been struck by a thought. (Rare, I know!) That Top Gear lot are just like the Muppets. Clarkson is Miss Piggy - vain and arrogant, Hammond is like Kermit - nodding at Miss Piggy while somewhat overawed by her, Mays is like Fozzie Bear - trailing in the others' wake and somewhat lost.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

All 3 have done some good tele as individuals, but I can't recall the last time they did under the 'Top gear' banner.

People are petitioning the BBC already, without any idea of what he has or hasn't done.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

A man who squeezes his 42 inch waist into 24 inch jeans while his 2 inch brain rattles round in his 18 inch skull.

In a truly sane and rational world, 'Clarkson' would be a term of abuse, as in "Don't do that, you bloody Clarkson." Let's make it happen!

I quite like Top Gear although the endless desire amongst three smart people to play significantly dumber than they are does get irritating.

Until we know exactly what Clarkson's done though it seems hard to have an opinion.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I've no idea what happened or what caused the incident.

However, I'm absolutely certain that if it hadn't been Clarkson, there wouldn't have been an incident.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Even if Clarkson did get sacked, you can bet your bottom dollar he'd be doing a variation of Top Gear on ITV or Sky within 6 months.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

It might be that Clakson tw.a.tted a producer. Info Binky?

The Radio Times website suggests a punch was at least thrown.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Even if Clarkson did get sacked, you can bet your bottom dollar he'd be doing a variation of Top Gear on ITV or Sky within 6 months.

Yep. My money would be on Sky seeing as how he already works for Murdoch.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Dislike the programme intensely.

Dislike Clarkson even more.

His family's originally from Cas too!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

There are a right load of Mary Whitehouses on here. If you don't like him and the programmes he makes fine. But here's a thought; do yourselves a favour, exercise a little self censorship and switch over when he comes on the TV. I'm sure you'll feel much better for it. After all the outpourings following the Charlie Hebdo killings I thought we were all supporters of free speech. Seems I was wrong. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

There's not a chance BBC will scrap top gear, viewing figures are ridiculous.

I quite like the show, its funny and very light heartened. He has said some controversial things but I don't think there has been any intent behind it.

He will be back on the Tele shortly.

There are a right load of Mary Whitehouses on here. If you don't like him and the programmes he makes fine. But here's a thought; do yourselves a favour, exercise a little self censorship and switch over when he comes on the TV. I'm sure you'll feel much better for it. After all the outpourings following the Charlie Hebdo killings I thought we were all supporters of free speech. Seems I was wrong. :dry:

Hang on, surely free speech allows us to think he's a ? I do, although I manage perfectly fine never to watch his vile show or read his vile columns.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Don't worry Griff, I never watch the bloke when he's on the telly and I also support free speech, that's why I can criticise him.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

His wife walked out on him a short while ago. Maybe that's a factor in this. I can't do with the bloke but I would have thought that he would be more likely to cop a punch than to throw one.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Personally I think Top Gear is a good piece of light entertainment and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Yes it sometimes oversteps the mark but so what ? Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things ?

As for Clarkson, like him or loathe him he is a very good TV presenter. Away from Top Gear he has made some absolutely fantastic documentaries such as the one about the Arctic Convoys and one about Victoria Cross recipients.

Anyway, Top Gear will be back with Clarkson in place for the simple reason that it earns the BBC more than £100m per year worldwide.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I like Top Gear and watch it but I'm forever frustrated they'd rather cock about than make a better programme.

I agree with gingerjon and Old Frightful too, and Clarkson has a habit of finding himself in trouble. Hammond and May could probably hold their own in a reworked fashion, but either way Richard and James probably have enough to carry on their own projects. I actually really like James May, he seems the most normal bloke on their who does try his best - his Toy Stories series' have been enjoyable. He's a grown up Guy Martin.

In fact Guy could probably do well on Top Gear.

But if it were to end - which it won't, the money the BBC make is why Clarkson has had so many chances - I do hope I can keep The Stig.

Archived