1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Draw
    • St Helens

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Bring on Warrington.

Having watched Warrington last night, I reckon we'll get stuffed with most of our backline out injured. We'll find it difficult to break down the Warrington defence is they defend like they did against Leeds. We've got a solid set of forwards and we'll match them in the pack but could struggle getting points on the board. I guess we'll see.

Having watched Warrington last night, I reckon we'll get stuffed with most of our backline out injured. We'll find it difficult to break down the Warrington defence is they defend like they did against Leeds. We've got a solid set of forwards and we'll match them in the pack but could struggle getting points on the board. I guess we'll see.

if Roby is fit plus another back we will be ok!

Having watched Warrington last night, I reckon we'll get stuffed with most of our backline out injured. We'll find it difficult to break down the Warrington defence is they defend like they did against Leeds. We've got a solid set of forwards and we'll match them in the pack but could struggle getting points on the board. I guess we'll see.

Reminds me a bit of when we met Leeds with a team full of youngsters last year. We upset the odds that night and we may well do it again. Warrington have an excellent side once again this season and would be tough to beat even if we had everyone fit, but I don't think we're in for a stuffing. I'm not saying that we'll win, but I think we'll put ourselves in with a good chance. There's a positive feeling about our team at the moment. 

wilkin should have bee sent off for deliberately tripping joe mellor when he was chasing a kick through to the line, joe would have certainly scored a try but for this. 

*yawn*

Last week against Wakey it was Wello who was guilty of tripping apparently.  This week it's Wilkin.  Wello = no case to answer.  I'm sure Wilkin has no case to answer either. 

From what I understand if a Widnes player had not tripped over his own feet he would have scored.

I watched the Leeds game, whilst listening to the Saints game.

Leeds did not really test the Warrington defence, can't really recall them being stretched at any point.

I think we are capable of matching that defence.  When we started the year we were really tight, but seem to have lost some of that in recent weeks.

I think with Burns we will always offer something in attack, certainly more than Leeds did.

It's all about da bass

Mellor got his toe to a loose ball 20 yards from the Saints line.

The ball stopped in the Saints in goal.

Mellor was taken out after kicking the ball, don't recall it being a trip and not that sure it was Wilkin.

A Saints player got back and picked up the ball.

Of all the potential decisions that could have been given I'm pretty certain that play on should not have been one of them.

Guess which one Hicks gave.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

*yawn*

Last week against Wakey it was Wello who was guilty of tripping apparently.  This week it's Wilkin.  Wello = no case to answer.  I'm sure Wilkin has no case to answer either. 

as you have already said you weren't at the game, so how would you know?? 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

as you have already said you weren't at the game, so how would you know?? 

First of all I didn't say I knew.  I said 'I'm sure', not 'he doesn't.  Secondly, I wasn't at the Wakey game either but Wakey fans were all convinced Wello tripped their player but he had no case to answer. 

Desparate fans will say desparate things!

First of all I didn't say I knew.  I said 'I'm sure', not 'he doesn't.  Secondly, I wasn't at the Wakey game either but Wakey fans were all convinced Wello tripped their player but he had no case to answer. 

well saints fans have had plenty of practice......

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

First of all I didn't say I knew. I said 'I'm sure', not 'he doesn't. Secondly, I wasn't at the Wakey game either but Wakey fans were all convinced Wello tripped their player but he had no case to answer.

Wow.

Your arrogance is amazing.

I'm not a desperate fan, saints played better on the day and deserved to win - however, it was a foul and a penalty should have been given. I was there, unlike you, and saw Mellor taken out off the ball.

Are you so blinkered that you can't see that sometimes your team do things wrong....?

Mellor got his toe to a loose ball 20 yards from the Saints line.

The ball stopped in the Saints in goal.

Mellor was taken out after kicking the ball, don't recall it being a trip and not that sure it was Wilkin.

A Saints player got back and picked up the ball.

Of all the potential decisions that could have been given I'm pretty certain that play on should not have been one of them.

Guess which one Hicks gave.

wilkin should have bee sent off for deliberately tripping joe mellor when he was chasing a kick through to the line, joe would have certainly scored a try but for this. 

If the talking point is what was shown on Super League Fulltime then there was nothing in it.

Wow.

Your arrogance is amazing.

I'm not a desperate fan, saints played better on the day and deserved to win - however, it was a foul and a penalty should have been given. I was there, unlike you, and saw Mellor taken out off the ball.

Are you so blinkered that you can't see that sometimes your team do things wrong....?

No, it's just that Wilkin hasn't been charged with anything so clearly nothing happened.

Amor has just had a two match ban, one he fully deserved and I've yet to know of a Saints fan who would dispute that.  But I do dispute made up desperate statements by fans of losing teams when they are scratching around for something to blame their loss on, which is what this was, along with the same accusation levelled at Wello against Wakefield.  Nobody tripped anybody. 

No, it's just that Wilkin hasn't been charged with anything so clearly nothing happened.

Amor has just had a two match ban, one he fully deserved and I've yet to know of a Saints fan who would dispute that. But I do dispute made up desperate statements by fans of losing teams when they are scratching around for something to blame their loss on, which is what this was, along with the same accusation levelled at Wello against Wakefield. Nobody tripped anybody.

Since tripping isn't an automatic sending off I very much doubt anybody would be cited for it

Many people at the game saw the trip, I saw definate contact which at least was obstruction in a try scoring opportunity

You saw nothing as you weren't at the game

Like it has been mentioned before in this thread, some people are so blinkered they can't see the things there team do wrong no matter how blatant it is. Some people are worse than others.

Since tripping isn't an automatic sending off I very much doubt anybody would be cited for it

Many people at the game saw the trip, I saw definate contact which at least was obstruction in a try scoring opportunity

You saw nothing as you weren't at the game

I've just seen on #AsktheRef on Twitter that in fact there should have been a penalty to Saints as Galea tripped Wilkin who fell to the floor, making contact with Mellor as a result.  The relevant tweet:

RFL Referees @RFLReferees 1h1 hour ago

.@kemikthe_viking - it should be penalty to Saints for the first offence, trip by Galea @Rob_hicks81 #asktheref

which followed this:

.@kemikthe_viking - Wilkin is actually tripped by Galea and as a result falls to the floor & then catches Mellor...cont'd

In reply to this tweet:

RT @kemikthe_viking - Why was there no penalty and card to wilkin when mellor was taken off the ball following the charge down #asktheref

So there you are.  Far from being Big Bad Saints, we actually were hard done by it would appear since I gather there was no penalty awarded to us at that moment?  (I don't know as I didn't go to the game!)

Archived