If Hull KR win tomorrow, will they have helped set a new SL record?

Envious?

Exactly who are you looking to play to even up the fixture allocation. The fact that Catalans are 4th and have just conceded 90 points against 2 easy teams tells me that Hull are in trouble if they think the opposition will get easier.

Still next week Rovers have an easy away game at Widnes....as if. That will be 6 teams 6 difficult games. Still after that we have Huddersfield, St Helens, Salford, Castleford....no easy games there.

Thank god we have Hull 3 times. Remember the season Rovers entered Superleague to taunts of 6 points nailed on for Hull, never did happen did it. The young upstarts from east of the river v the arrogant Boulevarders.

I would have thought my point was obvious. We won't know how bad we are until we've played everybody, especially the teams who, like us, have no greater expectation than scraping into the top eight if we're lucky.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheer up it is my opinion that beating to nil Huddersfield away, losing to Warrington and Wigan by a point, and narrowly at Salford Hull have not been bad. The first half v Leeds was good, and many teams will be torn apart by them . EVEN the mighty Robins conceded 14 point leads!

It seems that Hull support blows black and white....the team are either world beaters or they are . For clubs like the Hull sides it will always be a rollercoaster ride, the early 80s were just surreal, when we both dominated. With Campese and co I am just dreaming deja vue is just round the corner!

Back on topic I think it's great for FC to be setting some records, all their fans must be so proud of the achievement! :biggrin:

Bog off.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I love that spoof book cover, mate!

The quote "I'll have you coaching in the Championship in weeks" is classic and the endorsed by Craig Sandercock bit is priceless!

I'm still laughing.

Good luck to you and rest of the FC gang.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I love that spoof book cover, mate!

The quote "I'll have you coaching in the Championship in weeks" is classic and the endorsed by Craig Sandercock bit is priceless!

I'm still laughing.

Good luck to you and rest of the FC gang.

The Sandercock endorsement bit really made me laugh too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Poor Sandie. He built the basis of a great squad and Chester is reaping the benefit!

Or was it Mike Smith or Hudgell who established the down under scouting system and our success in the UK loan market.

Back on topic and sorry but Hull hold or held a few records... ..in the 50s biggest losing margin and highest score against at Wembley ( thanks wakefield and wigan lest we forget) and longest losing run at Wembley. Not forgeting being the only Hull team not to win at Wembley. And yes I was at Elland Road and Cardiff cheering the Airlie Birds on.

Was impressed at Old Frightful getting this topic up so quickly on Sunday so will now move on .

Thanks Steve but I posted this thread on Saturday, already having a fair idea how Sunday was gonna pan out, and resurrected it as soon as the result was no longer in doubt.

As for the spoof book cover, absolute plagiarism on my part.

Lighten up a little and take it to heart a touch less. I'm sure you'll enjoy it on here a bit more.

B)  :)

Just heard a rumour that the judges for the Guiness book of records are due to arrive at the KC tomorrow. So it may soon be official  on the records front.

Also Aerosmith have offered to play Love in an Elevator before the start of FC's next home game! ;)

Also Aerosmith have offered to play Love in an Elevator before the start of FC's next home game! ;)

As a huge Aerosmith fan, that is the only thing that would make me regret not renewing my season pass this year.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Just heard a rumour that the judges for the Guiness book of records are due to arrive at the KC tomorrow. So it may soon be official  on the records front.

Being beaten by the bottom club twice in the same week is probably something of a SL record. 

Man there are some depressive Hull fans about.  You are 2 games off 3rd place, yet some were looking to the middle 8's.

Get a grip it's a long season, we are not even a quarter of the way through it yet and 2 points (1 win) covers 4th to 12th.

People say they want a competitive league until they get it.

It's all about da bass

Man there are some depressive Hull fans about.  You are 2 games off 3rd place, yet some were looking to the middle 8's.

Get a grip it's a long season, we are not even a quarter of the way through it yet and 2 points (1 win) covers 4th to 12th.

People say they want a competitive league until they get it.

Of course they do , as long as they're at the top of it lol

Just think, if Hull had managed to score at the end of the Wigan game the other week, they'd be sixth and Wigan would be bottom!

Fifth Shirley?

For some reason I thought Huddersfield were fifth. You are indeed correct.

Not sure who Shirley is, though!

I would have thought you'd have an idea, surely:D

(I was going along with the joke... ;))

Damn and blarst!  :blush:

Archived