Trivial emoticon question

Only if you turn it to desktop mode.  Otherwise you need to know the code, e.g. :ph34r : minus the space after the r gives you :ph34r:

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Only if you turn it to desktop mode.  Otherwise you need to know the code, e.g. :ph34r : minus the space after the r gives you :ph34r:

Aha! And how do I turn it to desktop mode? I didn't even know you could do that :ph34r:

Right at the bottom there's a button that says Full Version. To turn it back look for the option that says mobile version.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

If you're using iPad you just need to turn on the emoji keyboard.

Settings > General > Keyboard > Add new keyboard > Emoji

You'll then see a "smiley face" button on your keypad, this brings up the available emoticons

Also, under the reply box on the forum click the "more posting options" button and ensure the "Enable Emoticons" box is ticked on the right hand side of the screen.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

You'll then see a "smiley face" button on your keypad, this brings up the available emoticons

Also, under the reply box on the forum click the "more posting options" button and ensure the "Enable Emoticons" box is ticked on the right hand side of the screen.

Hmmph.

Girly swot.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Right! I'm off to try this now....

Hmmmm. I have my (accursed) ipad alongside my proper computer. On my iPad can see the iPad emoticons on my iPad post, and Di's post #12, but on my proper computer, I can't see them on my post or on Di's post # 12.

Odd.

Hmmmm. I have my (accursed) ipad alongside my proper computer. On my iPad can see the iPad emoticons on my iPad post, and Di's post #12, but on my proper computer, I can't see them on my post or on Di's post # 12.

Odd.

Squares on my laptop but smiley emoticons on my Iphone.

It's like each device can only understand the language it speaks.  :huh:  :wacko:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Looks like I've opend a whole emoticon of worms!

I have also now discovered that if I reply to a post with the emoticons, I can see them but they don't appear when I post. BUT if I go back and edit the post and put them in again, they do appear

Archived