How does that work then ?

So, an ex-MOD employee pleads guilty to receiving illegal payments from a particular Sun journalist and is sent to jail. Two months later the same Sun journalist is found not guilty of making the payments that the woman admitted receiving from him. The good old British jury system triumphs again.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The employee may wished she had the legal advice the journalists had.

Also they were not charged with the same offensives (even though they are linked with the money).  I don't think they denied paying her.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Once she was guilty, they should be guilty, she probably had a brief on an apprenticeship, they had a billion pound company paying for the finest legal minds.

Everyone, no matter what the case, should, be allocated a lawyer by the courts, Your ability to pay for the cleverest should never NEVER come in to justice.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

They used a 'public interest' defence and the jury agreed it was in the public interest to do the stories.

Strangely the Sun and Times are crowing on the court victory, yet the journalists in question were less than happy that it was the Sun that gave the names to the police in the first place (sources protected at all costs is the normal mantra).  The Sun hung them out to dry but can now claim the victory, it's a funny old world.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived