Their first tour of the UK was in about 1979 or 1980 I think. They only played amateur opposition. As far as I know there has been a programme for each match PNG have played in the UK. I assume you are looking for PNG programmes for games played in the UK?

rldfsignature.jpg

Thanks for the info I'll sort them tonight and post the list tomorrow. I'm trying to complete the set for games in the U.K and then any others available. I've got one for a game against France and some for the World Cup and Four Nations games in Australia. 

P.N.G programees I currently have

31 Oct 79 St.Helens ARL V PNG.

4 Nov 79 BARLA V PNG.

6Nov 79 Cumbria V PNG.

11Oct 87 Featherstone V PNG.

14 Oct 87 Lancs V PNG.

18 Oct 87 Swinton V PNG.

20 Oct 87 Cunbria V PNG.

24 Oct 87 Great Britain V PNG.

27 Oct 87 Yorkshire V PNG

28 Oct 87 British Coal Nines at Wigan.

30 Oct 87 BARLA VPNG.

1 Nov 87 Fulham V PNG.

17 Oct 91 Wales V PNG.

30 Oct 91 GB u21s V PNG.

3 Nov 91 Humberside V PNG.

5 Nov 91 Cumbria V PNG.

9 nov 91 Great Britain V PNG.

24 Nov 91 France V PNG.

If anyone knows of any other games they have played in the UK I would appreciate the details.

Just checked through the Rothmans yearbooks, and you've got all the tour matches covered for the 79, 87 and 91 tours. 

Other than World Cups their only other appearance here was a 2007 game against Wales in Bridgend prior to a tour of France. 

Didn't realise they played in the Nines in 1987 - even with a large squad that must have been a pretty demanding itinerary.

Just checked through the Rothmans yearbooks, and you've got all the tour matches covered for the 79, 87 and 91 tours. 

Other than World Cups their only other appearance here was a 2007 game against Wales in Bridgend prior to a tour of France. 

Didn't realise they played in the Nines in 1987 - even with a large squad that must have been a pretty demanding itinerary.

I've got the World cup programmes and the one versus Wales. Thanks for your info.

P.N.G programees I currently have

31 Oct 79 St.Helens ARL V PNG.

4 Nov 79 BARLA V PNG.

6Nov 79 Cumbria V PNG.

11Oct 87 Featherstone V PNG.

14 Oct 87 Lancs V PNG.

18 Oct 87 Swinton V PNG.

20 Oct 87 Cunbria V PNG.

24 Oct 87 Great Britain V PNG.

27 Oct 87 Yorkshire V PNG

28 Oct 87 British Coal Nines at Wigan.

30 Oct 87 BARLA VPNG.

1 Nov 87 Fulham V PNG.

17 Oct 91 Wales V PNG.

30 Oct 91 GB u21s V PNG.

3 Nov 91 Humberside V PNG.

5 Nov 91 Cumbria V PNG.

9 nov 91 Great Britain V PNG.

24 Nov 91 France V PNG.

If anyone knows of any other games they have played in the UK I would appreciate the details.

As I said above they played a Humberside amateur selection in 1979. Have you worked out which programmes you are short of?

rldfsignature.jpg

They played the Barla GB team at The Boulevard in 79, but there's no record of a game against a Humberside team.

I have the programme for the Game against a Humberside thirteen. I'll post the teams later.

I have the programme for the Game against a Humberside thirteen. I'll post the teams later.

Sorry, I meant a game against a Humberside team in 1979 - I assume you're referring to the game in 1991? Deluded Pom referred to a game against a Humberside team in 1979.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived