Fantastic Breaking News

Kevin Nicholas

I'm confused. I understood that we had been raising money for the scoreboard for some time? How long will it take to raise the extra £10'000, and will the money already raised form part of this sum?

Great gesture from Stan Whittaker, by the way.

r02c.gif

Well done to the club and mwt. However after my visit to wakefield yesterday, it really drove home just how ridiculously our game is run. Wakefields ground is quite frankly a disgrace and yet they are still afforded the luxury of playing at the highest level of the game whilst offering the worst ground this side of owlerton. I have heard we were fined and threatened with other sanctions unless we painted the dressing room floor. I now see we have to have an electronic scoreboard in order to progress to a higher level. I find it hard to understand how on earth that abomination I visited yesterday could meet the standards set out by the rfl and if it does, surely there should be a major rethink as to what is important and what should be set out for minimum standards.

Mr Whittaker's gesture is fantastic, no doubt about that.

However, I'm slightly concerned at the fact that fans are once again being asked to contribute. Surely, as a club, we can afford to pay the £5'000 required alongside the money already raised and the Whittaker donation? Don't we have any money at all?

r02c.gif

Bull dogging, come up to the Ron Earnshaw lounge after any home game and you will be able to meet him in person, shake his hand and buy him a drink I'm sure.

What a marvellous gesture. 

Cheers Roger.

However, I'm slightly concerned at the fact that fans are once again being asked to contribute. Surely, as a club, we can afford to pay the £5'000 required alongside the money already raised and the Whittaker donation? Don't we have any money at all?

We may have cash available but for things other than ground development.

Well done to the club and mwt. However after my visit to wakefield yesterday, it really drove home just how ridiculously our game is run. Wakefields ground is quite frankly a disgrace and yet they are still afforded the luxury of playing at the highest level of the game whilst offering the worst ground this side of owlerton. I have heard we were fined and threatened with other sanctions unless we painted the dressing room floor. I now see we have to have an electronic scoreboard in order to progress to a higher level. I find it hard to understand how on earth that abomination I visited yesterday could meet the standards set out by the rfl and if it does, surely there should be a major rethink as to what is important and what should be set out for minimum standards.

Don't worry they will be in championship next year if they carry on like they are

More good news as our stadium grows into a top championship venue. Plaudits to the people concerned in making this happen especially Stan Whitaker our main sponser . Now lets get the two points at Doncaster to cement our place in the top eight.  

Let's not try turn another thread negative by whining.

Well done all concerned and thank you Mr Whittaker. Hopefully there could be something in the pipeline to make up the deficit.

SIGNATURE

Let's not try turn another thread negative by whining.

Well done all concerned and thank you Mr Whittaker. Hopefully there could be something in the pipeline to make up the deficit.

I hardly think it's 'whining'. I'm simply concerned that the club appears to be struggling financially and is once again having to ask fans to help complete a project that has already been the subject of a fund-raising effort.

The lack of money we seemingly have at our fingertips should be a real worry for us all.

r02c.gif

I hardly think it's 'whining'. I'm simply concerned that the club appears to be struggling financially and is once again having to ask fans to help complete a project that has already been the subject of a fund-raising effort.

The lack of money we seemingly have at our fingertips should be a real worry for us all.

l don't think that 'struggling financially'is the correct term. We are working within our means, not spending money we haven't got, and trying to ensure that we do not carry debt over from one season to the next. l think we could go into debt to fund the new scoreboard, but as a club, choose not to. 

While we may not be struggling financially however, we are definitely in a constant state of being on the edge of debt and profitability. This is why there are constant requests to use the facilities at the ground, get there early and encourage others to come. 

In a season where every minute counts, as far as our club goes, every penny counts. 

The only reliable way to receive up dates on our day to day financial situation is to become a shareholder!

We are solvent that is for certain but not exactly got spare money!. Now have £15000 and need help to get to £20000 then will have a great ground improvement fully paid for which will be brilliant. Then next job needs to be PA system I am sure most people will agree!! We just want to constantly ( even if slowly) improve our Club for the benefit of everybody. Whatever concerns Terminator has I know other supporters will help us get there because they are proud of their Club and want to help

We are solvent that is for certain but not exactly got spare money!. Now have £15000 and need help to get to £20000 then will have a great ground improvement fully paid for which will be brilliant. Then next job needs to be PA system I am sure most people will agree!! We just want to constantly ( even if slowly) improve our Club for the benefit of everybody. Whatever concerns Terminator has I know other supporters will help us get there because they are proud of their Club and want to help

As l am sure Terminator will too! As a paying spectator, l am sure you would not deny him the opportunity to voice his concerns!

As l am sure Terminator will too! As a paying spectator, l am sure you would not deny him the opportunity to voice his concerns!

Indeed. I hasten to add that I will be making a contribution to the scoreboard fund, as I have to many other similar fund-raising efforts over the years. Seeking clarification should not be misinterpreted as a lack of 'pride' or desire to 'rabble-rouse'.
r02c.gif

We need to raise £5000 now as we already have raised £5000 for this ground development

Hi Kevin,

Couldn't we possibly use Steve Senior (The Pieman) selling Pie and Peas at a designated Kiosk down the Long Stand side, im sure this fine figure of a man could raise the required funds in a short period of time. # PieandPeaLegend.

Serving Pasta across the Shannon Matthews County.

Archived