El Classico

TOSH1960

Can't really predict the outcome.They were in a different division to us last season.It should be a great game with great banter in a cracking little ground.Hope we do beat them and get one over on Bloomfield.Looking forward to as what is normally a great afternoon with a great atmosphere.

You can go Sunday, think the rest of us will be there tomorrow!

Tried to catch you out but no one fell for it, pity, it would have been a good laugh. Its Studs Bar for drinkies gentlemen, but you can only access the bar once you have gone through the turnstile. Entrance is turnstiles 1/2/3 to the right of the main entrance, and a smoking area has been sorted near to these turnstiles for the pufferbillies. Also the match between Leeds Cas or Cas Leeds will be shown on three screens and the big screen inside Studs.

Can't wish you good luck, but I will wish you a safe journey over the A627M and of course your safe return to Owdumb.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

A dodgy first half hour with a very aggressive hornets pack and an Oldham team displaying some tackling and ball retention issues. But the fitness and character of the squad shone through in the end. Crowley simply will not be denied close to the line and some real ball playing at times.

Great game. Great second half atmosphere. Some close and interesting results elsewhere in the division too. Could be a very tight league.

Very strange game I felt. We were appalling in the first 20 mins and only slightly improved before half time and somehow sneaked in only two points behind. Impressed with Rochdales intensity in the first 20 but they couldn't maintain it and we slowly clawed our way back into the game.

Second half I felt like we were always in control but it still wasn't a great performance. Tyson and Clay looked excellent on the right edge and Thompson had a really good game at loose forward but the rest I thought didn't reach the standards they've set over the last two years especially Langtree who has been our best player for the last two years. Crowley scored two but I thought he was really quiet.

Looking forward  to Wednesday.

Was in the Sand book pub after the game and so were the team.Apparently they were rollocked at halftime by Naylor so would explain the improvement in the second half.They will have to be a lot better come Wednesday. Bring it on I can't wait.

I don't think the lads played to their potential but stayed in the game and fitness brought them through in the end. Great to win against Rockdale though! Bring on Wednesday. Should be another tough test.

Archived