Kingstone Press Championship: Batley 6 Dewsbury 21

NickD

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see Pryce back in the 19 man squad,we do miss him,Farrell will also make a difference,Haggerty might be rested with Monday's game in mind.Feeling a little bit more confident for Friday now.

Well, I reckon on the day we had the better pack against Halifax and Bradford but we still lost.  A quality back or half back can make all the difference in a tight game and I suspect that you might have an edge at half back and be rather more dangerous in the backs.  I think that a mucky, wet and heavy ground might suit us.

Have you got a pack of Dreadnoughts then Bi11?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Nice to see Pryce back in the 19 man squad,we do miss him,Farrell will also make a difference,Haggerty might be rested with Monday's game in mind.Feeling a little bit more confident for Friday now.

Very much Hope KP is back, we miss him at Full Back.

Is Farrell Playing though?  He was in the 19 man squad for Fev and was on the field warming up when I arrived but he still didnt play...

I'm fairly confident in a tough game, scrappy if I might add. I can see a very close rams win, I'll go:

Dewsbury 24

Batley 20

Can't say much on the man of the match

Att: 2500

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

Dewsbury Rams Squad

T. Adamson, Aizue, Brown, Crookes, Farrell, Godwin, Grady, Grant, Hale, Hemingway, Hepworth, Hyde, Jackson, Morton, Spicer, Smith, Thackeray, Wildie, Pryce

Batley Bulldogs Squad

Reittie, Ainscough, Southernwood, Hirst, Nicholson, Rowe, Bretherton, Scott, Blake, Leak, Gledhill, Chandler, Lillycrop, Mitchell, Squires, Brown, Grayston, Day, Fozzard

On the RFL website, good to see Pryce back, we've missed him.

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

Dewsbury Rams Squad

T. Adamson, Aizue, Brown, Crookes, Farrell, Godwin, Grady, Grant, Hale, Hemingway, Hepworth, Hyde, Jackson, Morton, Spicer, Smith, Thackeray, Wildie, Pryce

Batley Bulldogs Squad

Reittie, Ainscough, Southernwood, Hirst, Nicholson, Rowe, Bretherton, Scott, Blake, Leak, Gledhill, Chandler, Lillycrop, Mitchell, Squires, Brown, Grayston, Day, Fozzard

On the RFL website, good to see Pryce back, we've missed him.

Going to stop putting my selections on here coach keeps pinching them lol Only one team in it 2morrow.

[quote name="EQUALIZER"

Only one team in it 2morrow.

Very nice of you to say so Tranqulizer but I'm sure your lads will try their best

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

How shall we fare against the Cheeters?  I will start things off by predicting a narrow and irritating defeat. 

lots gets said on this forum about dual reg and cheaters lets not forget who the pioneers of dr were with their link up with the bulls

lots gets said on this forum about dual reg and cheaters lets not forget who the pioneers of dr were with their link up with the bulls

am sure they will call us a lot worse tonight after the game on the long walk down the hill, after we rip them a new one without a single DR, :bb:

am sure they will call us a lot worse tonight after the game on the long walk down the hill, after we rip them a new one without a single DR, :bb:

I hope your pal but you never know with these derby games,your on form were not!! Interesting reading the press newspaper this morning,Danny Maun the batley legend as us down for a win!!! But saying that other week he said we'd beat his team hunslet & we all know what happened there,so I'm not writing too much into his prediction!!

Aye, Batley could never be the first at anything.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Not sure we are the right form to win a derby. I'll go for a Batley win by 6.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

I hope your pal but you never know with these derby games,your on form were not!! Interesting reading the press newspaper this morning,Danny Maun the batley legend as us down for a win!!! But saying that other week he said we'd beat his team hunslet & we all know what happened there,so I'm not writing too much into his prediction!!

Why are people saying Batley are in form?

cos were doing ok with key players missing,jc is  a massive  loss for us as we found out last year.no leader/gaffer at 7 who can run us thru gaps and make things happen but am sure we will do ok tonight, after the game just think how we would do if we borrowed thaks off you.. :bb: or even had blacky back for a week or two, or even better had tommo outa mothballs to show em how to really wind teams up with skills a plenty.. :pickeat:

l agree. We have been close in all of the matches we have lost, but not been outstanding. Our defence has generally been good, but we have lacked any kind of incisive moves or movement close to the line. 

Of the three matches we have lost, we really should have beaten Bradford, and were in a great position to beat Halifax but did not make a clear cut chance playing downhill in the second half. 

This evening's match l would expect to be a close run thing with it genuinely being as open as it has been for years.

l agree. We have been close in all of the matches we have lost, but not been outstanding. Our defence has generally been good, but we have lacked any kind of incisive moves or movement close to the line. 

Of the three matches we have lost, we really should have beaten Bradford, and were in a great position to beat Halifax but did not make a clear cut chance playing downhill in the second half. 

This evening's match l would expect to be a close run thing with it genuinely being as open as it has been for years.

It should be intriguing then as our attack has been fairly good but our defence has been woeful at times.

I predict a scrappy, scruffy win in the mud for someone, but I don't know who that will be.

Archived