Kingstone Press League 1, Round 1 v Swinton Lions

gogledd

North Wales Crusaders first League 1 fixture will take place on Good Friday 3rd April 2015. We are away to Swinton Lions at Sedgley Park RUFC, Manchester. Kick off is at 3pm.

This will be our second visit to Sedgley Park following on from our pre-season friendly and I expect that we will face a tough encounter for our first league game.

North Wales Supporters Club are running transport to the game. The coach leaves from the Turf at 12:30. This away trip is £10 for Supporters Club members and £12 for non-members. The sheet to book your seat is in Glyndwr University Sports Centre.

Hwyl

Hope we can replicate the result from the friendly there pre season will be a tough game may depend on duel reg im afraid though

Dire second half from North Wales Crusaders. We got dragged into a brawl when we should have concentrated on our defence. Whatever your thoughts on the officiating Swinton managed the game better. Get smarter, improve discipline and play our own game.

The ref scored 25 out of 100 lowest score in any game in all leagues this weekend . never seen such a low score from ref ever . ALWAYS LOOK FOR REFS SCORES AND 25 IS LOWEST NEVER SEEN ONE LOWER THAN 30 BEFORE

personally I think the ref had a thankless task. Conditions were not really the best for RL and he bottled out of a few sendings off. It could have quite easily ended up 12 playing 10. How your scrum half stayed on the pitch is beyond me. However, it was an enjoyable game and one I think we deserved to win and if we had held our nerve I think we would have.

All the best for the season and we'll see you for the return match at your place. Just need to remember where I've put my passport now lol.

Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

barnie.gif

Archived