Brett Seymour

The Voodooguru

Not sure if this will work as a link as I have a new phone which I haven't sussed yet and I'm at work.Feel free if anyone can post a link if it doesn't work!

I know we give him a bit of stick (and he probably gets more off his own fans) but good luck to the lad and hope he is over the bad times. Was a hell of a player at his peak.

If he ever fancies a change I'm sure Phil will get him fit and back to his best again as like most of his teammates he didn't look interested on Friday!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/perfect-life--husband-drove-5442486?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

This is someone who came through at the Broncos played in the NRL there for four years , played a key role at Cronulla and the Warriors for spells , and is still only just 31 . So something not right somewhere

Good luck to Brett and his family for the future.    He may be an opponent but he is also a member of the rugby league family and these lads put their bodies on the line every match and it is sometimes easy to forget the people behind the players whose lives also get affected.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Well said Keith. Rugby players are human after all and have to control their emotions on the field when outside of rugby life could be turmoil. Just reading Jim Mills' Biography and his off the field problems sometimes generated that pent-up anger that caused some of the sendings-off.

They have to protect their macho image and sometimes have to cover up injury whilst on the field. And also they may have to come back to the field of play after sometimes being badly injured that last weeks and impacts on their family life and confidence.

Its the toughest sport in the world and sometimes the players don't get the respect and understanding what they go through on a day-to-day basis. After all, they are there for our entertainment

Archived