State of origin europe.

No. Every time you pick a Test team there will be injury absences, suspensions and retirements. The replacements are drawn from the better Origin performers.

So it didn't matter that NSW won last year. Cronk could have had a stinker (injuries aside) and he was still going to be first choice for Australia with DCE his replacement if required?

rldfsignature.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, unless his form died off during the remainder of the NRL season. You can't completely disregard form but players who've been there, done that, will always have an edge. There used to be a saying here that it was even harder to get out of the AUS cricket team than it was to get in, because they kept winning.

OK it's not. I guess it's just a coincidence that all the AUS players in last year's ANZAC Test had all played Origin before.

There you go. I bet you feel better for that. They say confession is good for the soul. Were a majority of the Australian team NSWelshmen?

rldfsignature.jpg

I thought bananas were already bent? I didn't realise someone had to actually bend them first.

Qld is the World's biggest sheltered workshop - do you have that expression over there? Bending bananas is the only thing we can trust them with.

I don't really get the Yorkshire/Lancashire thing. Can someone list the team that are in each state?

Lancashire would struggle to field a side, Yorkshire vs greater Manchester would be far better,

FB: Lomax

W: burgess

Centre: duffy

Centre: Joel Tomkins

W: makinson

halfs: Sinfield © , Higham

Prop: morley

hooker: micky mac

Prop: farell

Second row: thompson

second row: Hock

loose: lockers

Wales also would have a stronger team than any other.....

Really? Not many of their senior players put their hands up to play in what turned out to be a WC qualification tournament. A tournament they finished bottom in. What makes you think they are stronger than other teams mentioned?

rldfsignature.jpg

Lancashire would struggle to field a side, Yorkshire vs greater Manchester would be far better,

FB: Lomax

W: burgess

Centre: duffy

Centre: Joel Tomkins

W: makinson

halfs: Sinfield © , Higham

Prop: morley

hooker: micky mac

Prop: farell

Second row: thompson

second row: Hock

loose: lockers

Not if they used the historical County borders

Really? Not many of their senior players put their hands up to play in what turned out to be a WC qualification tournament. A tournament they finished bottom in. What makes you think they are stronger than other teams mentioned?

quite right and one would presume that the same would happen for any other micky mouse tourny.....

however if a concept like this were to be taken seriously then they would be the strongest IMHO

Not if they used the historical County borders

why would you want to do that? Looking forward no one will relate to historical boundaries....

its not like theres a historical concept that has lived through the change!

If a new concept is implemented then it needs to have 21st century thinking and be looking at the world in its current state

Seeing how they think they are so special, how's about Yarkshire versus the rest of the UK/ Europe/ World?

We took on the rest of the world in the 2012 Olympics and came 5th out of the whole world!

Per capita we were 1st !

How do you like them puddings?

I'd love a mini league.. 

East

West

Wales

France

2 games a day on 3 seperate summer Saturdays (Man City or wherever, Wales and France hosting), underpinned by the same games at under 18/21 level as well making it 4 games a day.

Done.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Any game where one of the teams is Yorkshire gets me going and guarantees at least two tickets sold for me and my dad- however I'm not sure how true that is for the rest of society.

I'd be quite happy with Yorkshire vs The Rest- plays into my prejudices perfectly and gets all possible test candidates involved.

Has to have some bearing on test jumpers, full release and be made a fuss of though.

Archived