Most successful Amateur Club in Challenge Cup

Was only thinking about recent years.

Take it they ended up being a pro side?

In terms of acheivment in the cup, in modern times, I would reckon egremont or ellenborough runs in 98 would take some topping.

Really hope a few amateur sides ok knock a couple oout this year. Always good to see 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2018 at 2:00 AM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It’s not arrogant at all - we just believe that’s the level we’re at. I’m sorry if you expected us to be shuddering at the thought of playing the likes of West Wales, Coventry etc but that’s just not the case. We’re never go to be a semi pro club and that’s fine, we’re not trying to be, but we know the level we play at and it well exceeds that of many sides in league 1. In actual fact the draw we have against Thornhill is just about the toughest game we could’ve got in Rd 1 as in my opinion they’ll be our biggest challenge in NCL premier league this upcoming year. 

Unless they recruit they won't be in my opinion. We should have beaten them at their place losing 18-4 in the end but we bombed 4-5 easy opportunities in the second half. We also pushed them very close at home, shut Danny Ratcliffe and Anthony Broadhead down they struggle

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 12:29 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

We (Hunslet Parkside) are definitely aiming to take on the League 1 clubs this year and will be very disappointed if our exit from the CC isn't at the hands of a Championship/SL club. Our entry into the preseason Yorkshire Cup comp should give us some good practice in testing ourselves against the best. 

How did it go v York, haven't seen the score anywhere, in the Yorkshire cup 

No mention of any fixtures on the BBC website.Is this down to the clubs,the RFL,the BBC or a mixture of the 3?

When Leeds manage to get a 10,000 plus gate I would have thought this shows that there is enough support for more media attention.

It is only a minor point,but it is things like this that add up and put the game in its present state.

2 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

No mention of any fixtures on the BBC website.Is this down to the clubs,the RFL,the BBC or a mixture of the 3?

When Leeds manage to get a 10,000 plus gate I would have thought this shows that there is enough support for more media attention.

It is only a minor point,but it is things like this that add up and put the game in its present state.

Do the BBC even know about it? If no one tells them they can't report on it.

Archived