Before the Hull v Widnes game the Sky team showed footage of the incident and the pundits seemed to think that Chase was "circling" in order to attack the knee joint....they stopped short of saying "to inflict the most damage" though.....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll have to agree to disagree with all the Salford fans who are defending the indefensible.

And I will have to agree to disagree with Omega who is refusing to say whether all such tackles should be penalised and the players banned for 7 matches whether or not an injury results. I don't think that anyone here is 'defending the indefensible'. Either it was a foul tackle or it wasn't. If it was a foul tackle, ie against the rules, then all such tackles such receive the same treatment. Do you agree with that or not Omega?

And I will have to agree to disagree with Omega who is refusing to say whether all such tackles should be penalised and the players banned for 7 matches whether or not an injury results. I don't think that anyone here is 'defending the indefensible'. Either it was a foul tackle or it wasn't. If it was a foul tackle, ie against the rules, then all such tackles such receive the same treatment. Do you agree with that or not Omega?

and. . . like I said earlier, either you missed it or ignored it, it's a foul tackle if you attack the leg at or near the joint(s) placing pressure against the natural movement of the joint(s). Furthermore, aiming downward so that there's nowhere for the leg to go meaning that either a joint or a bone has to give is also a factor.

Chase did both!

7 matches is not enough IMO

and. . . like I said earlier, either you missed it or ignored it, it's a foul tackle if you attack the leg at or near the joint(s) placing pressure against the natural movement of the joint(s). Furthermore, aiming downward so that there's nowhere for the leg to go meaning that either a joint or a bone has to give is also a factor.

Chase did both!

7 matches is not enough IMO

Let's just agree to disagree Omega. I just hope that when it happens again, injury or not, the player involved is also given a 7 match ban. I won't hold my breath.

Let's just agree to disagree Omega. I just hope that when it happens again, injury or not, the player involved is also given a 7 match ban. I won't hold my breath.

Thankfully tackles like the one Chase did are very rare so holding your breath wouldn't be a good idea, hmmm?

Archived