Rugby League World - New editor, new look, coming soon!

A new-look Rugby League World magazine is coming soon, under the editorship of Joe Whitley.

Star columnists will include Eorl Crabtree, Ryan Hall, Todd Carney, Dan Sarginson, Alex Walmsley and Michael Shenton.

The mag will also include a feedback page for readers' letters, tweets, facebook posts and extracts from this very forum. A groovy prize will be on offer for the pithiest contribution each month. There'll also be another prize-winning opportunity for those brave enough to send in a picture of themselves holding up a copy of the mag (any issue, doesn't have to be the new one) in front of an eye-catching tourist attraction while on your holidays. Just email your pix to ontour@totalrl.com with a bit of info about your trip.

All comments, suggestions, wellwishes etc welcomed. Post 'em up here!

Issue 409 goes on sale from Fri 24th April. Advance order your copy now at www.totalrl.com/newteam

The RLW Facebook page is at www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

Follow RLW on Twitter @rlworld

Pin this up for an off season edition:

Give us an in-depth article explaining what happens when a player moves from one club to another. There must be aspects fans don't see or know about and I for one would like to know what happens and how long these things take and what requirements or arrangements need to be made, etc.

Aaron's pre-season training session with Leeds was interesting because RLW can go behind the scenes and into the everyday of a rugby club.

I've yet to catch up with this months edition but of the previous two Ryan Brierley's column seem a little like what you'd get in a local paper each week, please don't make the new player columns the same old "tough game", "week-by-week" yawnfest.

Another idea is to follow a promising junior throughout the year showing the progress of his career, the up's, down's and dual reg of what it's like to be a young player trying to make their way in rugby.

I'd like to see something which clearly sets out,what individual Clubs do to promote Magic Weekend,Challenge Cup Final,Grand Final and the 4 Nations/Internationals,together with the results of such promotions - if only to shame some of them into doing something at all!

i.e. what deals are the offering/promoting in terms of travel/accommodation,what marketing are they doing to make fans aware,how many tickets have they sold for each individual event,etc.Frankly,it's via their Clubs that the RFU sell the vast majority of their tickets/packages/hospitality.

Best of luck.

p.s. offer some sort of prize to the most successful and shame /wooden spoon to the least active!

I've yet to catch up with this months edition but of the previous two Ryan Brierley's column seem a little like what you'd get in a local paper each week, please don't make the new player columns the same old "tough game", "week-by-week" yawnfest.

Agree with much of your post but particularly this. My heart sank a bit when I saw so many new player columns next month, mainly because usually if a player who is still playing writes a column it can be quite sanitised much like you say. I won't pre judge, I'll get the mag every month like usual - on the upside JJB's contributions to the mag have been excellent these past few years so hopefully more contributions like this (JJB is staying with the mag I hope?)

Also slightly miffed to see the "getting to know you" feature has been transferred from League Express. Just think it's a similarly a bit of fluff suited to a clubs matchday mag that uses two pages better spent elsewhere (Especially as it essentially replaced the far more interesting "week in the life of.." feature that highlighted lesser known jobs in RL). Not the worst feature ever I'm just not a fan.

Won't be too negative so I'll say that the Sky Sports feature last month was top notch as was all the WCC coverage. Always look forward to a new look in any mag, so I'll be eager to read the next issue in a few weeks.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I hope this doesn't mean another sneaky price rise.

:rtfm:

No it doesn't. It'll be staying at £3.99.

RLW has only had one price rise since Feb 2008. Don't think that's bad going really.

And you can save over 14% on the cover price with a subscription!! ;)

www.totalrl.com/shop

Archived