Waterman leaves Doncaster

Dons News

<p>Doncaster RLFC can confirm that Lee Waterman has been released from his contact at the club. </p>

<p>Lee felt that due to other commitments away from the Dons, he could no longer dedicate the time required for training and playing and the club has reluctantly granted his request for release. </p>

<p>Waterman joined the Dons back in 2012 from York City Knights and in his first season at the club became an instant fans favourite with the Dons, scoring 36 tries to help the club win the league and Grand Final in Championship 1.</p>

<p>Lee helped the Dons reach the Kingstone Press Championship playoffs in 2013 and 2014 and has made eight appearances this campaign, scoring one try against London Broncos in the first game of the season.</p>

<p>A committed and dedicated player on the pitch, Lee played in a variety of positions for the club in order for the Dons to be successful and in total made 81 appearances, scoring 61 tries.</p>

<p>Speaking about his release Lee said: “I’ve enjoyed every minute of playing for Doncaster, it was a fantastic achievement to win the league back in 2012.</p>

<p>“I would like to thank all of the coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to play and I would also like to thank the fans who have been great from day one during my time here.</p>

<p>“I hope the team can turn this season around and I will be down at the Keepmoat to support them when I can.”</p>

<p>Chief executive Carl Hall added: “I would personally like to thank Lee for his efforts during his time during the club, he has been and played a big part in our group.</p>

<p>“He is certainly a character and he contributed massively to us making history by winning the league and Grand Final in Championship 1 back in 2012.</p>

<p>“Lee also played a massive part in helping us achieve back to back playoff spots in the Championship in the last two campaigns.</p>

<p>“I would like to wish him every success in the future." </p>

<p>Everyone at the club would like to thank Lee for his services and we wish him all the best in future endeavours.</p>

View the full article

Archived