Great News- scoreboard

Kevin Nicholas

See official website. We have ordered the scoreboard & paid a deposit so committed now! Expect delivery in May to debut 7th June v Sheffield.

Also see Comedy Night tickets £10. Need to sell out and can put any profits there towards scoreboard as if surplus any monies then go towards much needed new tannoy system.

Also need to look at wifi & CCTV at stadium as more issues towards Rfl Minimum Standards!!

We are one of 4 grounds I think still at same place since 1895 birth of Rfl as Rfl about to promote 120th Anniversary to be launched at our Club tomorrow.

I thought that only Batley and Leeds were still at their original grounds from 1895.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Wakefield as well I think.

Don't know who the fourth is

Yes, you're right. The fourth used to be St Helens.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Has anyone suggested auctioning the old scoreboard off?

Don't know what it could raise, but it'd be a lot more than nowt. I'd bid for it.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Has anyone suggested auctioning the old scoreboard off?

Don't know what it could raise, but it'd be a lot more than nowt. I'd bid for it.

Just out of curiosity PKK why, and what would you do with it?

Just out of curiosity PKK why, and what would you do with it?

It's probably a lot bigger than it is in my head, but:

Put it on the fence at the bottom of my garden as a talking piece.

Hang it on the side of my garage.

Use it to decorate the inside of my garage wall.

If our country wasn't a dump full of feral idiots, I'd see if it was feasible to get it mounted on the fence at the kids pitch on Taylor Street. Unfortunately, it would be covered in graffiti, cocks and balls' etc. after 5 minutes.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I could definitely see it at the bottom of my garden too!!!

Great news. Now lets get a win on move on to a big draw

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Yes I'm sure Wakey is in that list and if I remember correctly, Wakefield has the oldest rugby league ground in the world, followed by Batley.

Wakefield has got to be the Tattiest ground in the World too....but at least they meet super league criteria with their Electronic scoreboard......and Wi-Fi and CCTV......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

What score from what game would you display?

Tough one that. Knowing the 'comedians' I have as friends, family and associates it would always be Batley 69 - 69 Visitors.

The stands might be new, but the site isn't.

Widnes Football Club had a number of grounds before settling at Lowerhouse Lane in 1884/85 on a site a few hundred yards north of the current location. That land was leased on behalf of the rugby organisation by Widnes Cricket Club but, to coincide with the breakaway from the Rugby Football Union in 1895, Widnes FC obtained a lease for land on which they laid out a new ground (the Naughton Park/Stobart Stadium site). The first game on the new field was against Liversedge on 12 October 1895.

Widnes Football Club had a number of grounds before settling at Lowerhouse Lane in 1884/85 on a site a few hundred yards north of the current location. That land was leased on behalf of the rugby organisation by Widnes Cricket Club but, to coincide with the breakaway from the Rugby Football Union in 1895, Widnes FC obtained a lease for land on which they laid out a new ground (the Naughton Park/Stobart Stadium site). The first game on the new field was against Liversedge on 12 October 1895.

and widnes joined the northern union at the time so i'm correct

Archived