Ladbrokes Challenge Cup: Dewsbury 10 Warrington 52

thehullram

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who do we all fancy?

I'll take any of Leeds, York, Wakefield, Cas, Hull or B#$ley at home

Any of them home or away. I don't mind where we play them as long as there is a good result in it.

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

Barnsley it is then

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Wakefield at home for me..If not them the Rhinos...

York at home anyone???

Got a gut feeling that fate will conspire to give us the dogs on the ski slope. :(  Mind'st it might just be wind.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Another great draw, could be another full house. Mark Sawyer must be pleased after all those years of London away and losing to the Cumbrian amateurs and Sharlston.

Will it be a Friday night like Wigan or Sunday afternoon? Hope it's Sunday as I can't make Friday.

It won't be a full house and they do attract some dodgy fans - hopefully they won't be enticed by this fixture.

Anyone hoping for a bumper crowd should look at Sheffield's attendance against Hull - not exactly an under-supported club.

Let's hope that I am wrong. The massive bonus for us all is that I will be able to attend this time - relief all round.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Cracking Draw (kerching) hopefully another busy stadium with lots om money to keep us going. Things are really looking good for us both on and off the field , it can only get even better with the new development at the side of the stadium too.

I remember them playing at the old Crown flatt in the cup I think it was around 1982 My uncle played as hooker Geoff Catling

Yes jc i remember your uncle Geoff he had a good side step for a quite a big bloke,

I also remember working with a Catling in the eighties for a short while.It was at company called

sound communications opposite the train station.

That person would know what a cassette tape winding machine was. 

In all my 30 something years watching Dewsbury I don't ever recall seeing them against Warrington. So my question when was the last time we played Warrington? Over to you BSJ.

Warrington (v Dewsbury)  -  Whitehead Hart Reynolds Pickup Noonan Murphy Gordon Chisnall Ashcroft Brady Wanbon Briggs Nicholas  sub Philbin

The old lags will know the year and the significance. -  I was there.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Yes jc i remember your uncle Geoff he had a good side step for a quite a big bloke,

I also remember working with a Catling in the eighties for a short while.It was at company called

sound communications opposite the train station.

That person would know what a cassette tape winding machine was. 

Any Idea what his name was ???  Peter, Norman, Malcolm. Yes he was a good hooker thats when they were allowed to hook

Any Idea what his name was ???  Peter, Norman, Malcolm. Yes he was a good hooker thats when they were allowed to hook

I'm afraid it was long time ago.He was about eighteen.blond hair.

Could have been Peter or malcolm. He was only there a few months.

In all my 30 something years watching Dewsbury I don't ever recall seeing them against Warrington. So my question when was the last time we played Warrington? Over to you BSJ.

I'm away from the office at present so can't be precise. However, just as a coincidence, tomorrow (22nd April) is the anniversary of Dewsbury's last game in what was then the First Division in 1986. (Guess the opponents, score and attendance folks). Hence, by a process of deduction it must have been late '85 or early '86.

The correct details will follow.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Warrington (v Dewsbury) - Whitehead Hart Reynolds Pickup Noonan Murphy Gordon Chisnall Ashcroft Brady Wanbon Briggs Nicholas sub Philbin

The old lags will know the year and the significance. - I was there.

Some sort of semi-final GOR. Possibly preceding an historic victory.

You will also recall that Billy Pickup eventually ended up in the Crown Flatt retirement home for superannuated crocks.

Archived